• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ... Accidental Shiny?

Years
  • I once found a shiny Ponyta in Pokemon Crystal and a shiny Poocheyena in Emerald which is now Poketransported to my Y game. ^_^

Years
  • I was fishing for a Clawitzer in X, kept getting other Pokémon until finally a Shiny Relicanth appeared!!!! I couldn't believe it at first and Googled to make sure it was real (which it was to my delight haha) and so I caught it :)

Then I resumed my mission of finding a Clawitzer, and eventually found one... and it was a Shiny as well!!!!

I caught it too and then, feeling in complete disbelief from having found TWO shinies within such a short space of time in comparison to games where I hadn't caught any the whole way through lol I did some research and learned about Chain Fishing which I'm guessing is what happened :)

Considering I didn't know this when I was looking for Pokémon, I'm counting both as accidental haha :)

Years
  • I was breeding one of my Dugtrios for a Diglett since I needed one for my dex - just one - and it happened to hatch shiny. No complaints there at all but it was so unexpected and was the last thing on my mind, lool.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    My recent "accidental" shiny Pokemon include a Deino that came out with some pretty nice IVs, considering I was just breeding for a regular competitive Hydreigon.

And just lately, in a horde of Wishmur, one cute little green-eared Whismur just happened to be there. Had to knock my Charmeleon out as I was 90% finished with its EV training and didn't want to mess up there.

Years
  • Just yesterday I went into a flying type friend safari to find a careful nature male in the flying group (needed it for breeding). But, to my surprise, I encountered a shiny Tropius on my very first step into the grass! It was really cool :)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • First shiny I ever found was a Hoothoot whist in the midst of exploring a random friend safari. My reaction was like "OH MY GOD A SHINY"

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • My first ever was a Hoothoot in Crystal, but it was the first Pokemon I saw (meaning, no Pokeballs yet! Grr). Then I didn't see another one until White 2 when I found my Shiny Audino.

In X, I've had a lot more luck: Shiny Wooper in two eggs (was breeding an Egg Move onto Skitty, so this was 100% unexpected), Shiny Tauros with Bold Nature in the wild, and a few shinies traded to me as Eggs i.e. Shroomish, Eevee thanks to Shiny Value.

Nothing asides that, though :)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Yeah, I've found two in X/Y. They were really awesome ones. My first one was an Espurr which evolved into this beautiful gold Meowstic. Then my second one was a Pancham, which is a rather lovely shade of brown. Odd how I keep finding Kalos Pokemon shinies. But I was quite thrilled. I'd never found a shiny before otherwise except through trading with others.

Years
  • Yeah, I've found two in X/Y. They were really awesome ones. My first one was an Espurr which evolved into this beautiful gold Meowstic. Then my second one was a Pancham, which is a rather lovely shade of brown. Odd how I keep finding Kalos Pokemon shinies. But I was quite thrilled. I'd never found a shiny before otherwise except through trading with others.

YOU GOT A SHINY ESPURR? I'm jealous D: I love Espurr so much haha

First shiny I ever found was a Hoothoot whist in the midst of exploring a random friend safari. My reaction was like "OH MY GOD A SHINY"

That was exactly my reaction LOL I completely freaked out

Years
  • Just today I was breeding Grimers and got a shiny, my first self obtained shiny. Was surprised for sure, great feeling. Unfortunately-ish it had the wrong ability, 5ivs though. Psyched.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
    Years
  • I was EV training my Togepi once in that cave near the daycare. I was beating up hordes of Whismur for HP points. After a Sweet Scent, I encountered an Axew horde and one of them was shiny. That messed up my EV training, but oh well, it was for a shiny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Back in the day I was playing Gold, and I ran into a Shiny... I knew nothing about the shiny Pokémon at the time and ended up turning my game off because I thought I'd broken it.

How stupid could one person be?

The second Pokémon I encountered that was Shiny, was a Yanma in Pokémon X which was pretty cool! Might grind doing some hordes soon though, so might eventually find some, I don't like chaining and I've never used PokéRadar before :p

Years
  • My first shiny I caught was a shiny Claydol in the relic castle on Pokemon black.I was about to go up and fight Volcarona,but then all of sudden a shiny claydol appears.I was really shocked,caught it,and nicknamed it WHAT?!?!?!?,based on my reaction at the time.Thankfully before transferring it to Pokemon Y,I renamed it Cosmo.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The first shiny I encountered in X was a random Venipede on Route 6 while I was searching for an Audio. The second one, my shiny Wartortle, was also random, but it was in Friend Safari so there was the increased chance of finding it. However, I wasn't specifically searching for shinys when I encountered it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    The first shiny i encountered on X by accident was an Ursaring, i was looking for an Altaria for my dex, but the first poke i found on that route was a shiny green Ursaring, catched him obviously, but dont liked so much so i traded for a shiny granbull, wich i finally traded for a... i dont remember what i think a legendary XD

The second shiny found by accident, it was when i was looking on the friend safari for a 2IV ivysaur to start breeding one, again the first poke i found there was a shiny sunker, i still have it but i dont want it, and seems like no one wants it too XD

And the third accidental shiny was a shiny Alomomola, i was looking to fish a clauncher for the dex, and again the first fishing was a shiny Almomola, again i dont like it, i dont want it, and no one wants it XD

Ive been pretty lucky with this shinys, but whenever i try to find any special shiny poke, i never get it :/

Years
  • Speaking of accidental shinies, I ran into a shiny Drifloon on Route 8 a few months back when I was trying to catch an Absol. I caught the Drifloon (because hey why not) and eventually got my Absol afterwards so it did have a positive outcome in the end.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Not too long after I got my shiny charm, I was biking through some grass on my way to a patch of water where I planned on chain fishing and I randomly ran into a Shiny Chatot. It was pretty cute, but I have since traded it away lol. I don't really care for Chatot overall.

Other than that, most of mine have been bred, other than a few I hunted for in the Friend Safari.

Back