• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ... Accidental Shiny?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    I got a shiny Mudkip from wonder trade, I don't know if that counts..

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • Most recently (about 4 or 5 days ago), I found a shiny Gulpin in a horde while EV training my shiny Larvitar. :P I figured that, eventually, I would find a shiny while EV training since I hear about it happening to so many people. Excluding the Friend Safari, it's also pretty cool because this was my first random shiny in the wild since my shiny Tentacool from Chrono Island in FireRed (my very first shiny!), and that was a LONG time ago.

I've successfully hunted two shinies in the Friend Safari (Metang and Phantump, crazily both the pokemon I wanted), but I've also found shiny Combee one time when I was fetching some parents for breeding and a shiny Pumpkaboo on Christmas Eve, though I have no clue what I was doing in there at that time. :P

And finally, though not entirely as accidental, I found a shiny Skiddo on a chain of 23. What made it crazy, though, was that I was in the middle of MM'ing for my shiny Rotom which is my longest hunt yet (right now 1200 eggs and I still haven't finished it, but I took a huge break to get the Shiny Charm), but I wanted to see if I'd have any luck elsewhere. I had never actually reached a chain of 40, but I reread some tutorials and I thought I was ding pretty well. And then out of nowhere, shiny patch at 23. I caught my shiny Skiddo (who was Adamant thanks to my Synchronizer) and, because I didn't realize that the chain stops, I kept going and actually made it to 39! I purposely broke it then because that was when I found out. Goes to show how insane the RNG is.

I'm pretty jealous towards the people who find non-MM shiny babies, though. That must be really cool.

annikaschizo

PSS Name: Ulric
    Years
  • I found a shiny Zubat by accident in Mt. Moon when I was playing FireRed, and I found a shiny Koffing in Burned Tower when I was playing SoulSilver. Both are now in my Pokemon Y game :D I also bred a shiny Eevee and Charmander, but I had to hatch hundreds of eggs to get them. I had a fluke when I was breeding for a shiny Chespin though, he appeared after only about 20 eggs!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • This may not relate to X and Y but the first pokemon I ever encountered in the connection cave in pokemon black was a shiny axew. I was going to catch myself an axew but it so happened to be a shiny. I freaked out as I've never ever been in that cave before and my first ever encounter there was a shiny. Sorry I just felt like that was a big moment for me and I had to share it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Every shiny I currently have was accidental. I got one from a random wild encounter, two frow wonder trade and one by breeding (it was accidental because I didn't realize one of the parents was from a foreign game until after it hatched).

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2015
    just bought a copy of heart gold for ten dollars from someone and there just happened to be a shiny drowzee on it! i was laughing pretty good.

Pinta77

Zubat in emerald on accident. And more recently, my finger slipped and i ran through a patch of flowers and found a shiny ducklett on x version. Shiny ducklett looks neat. Shiny swanna is one that doesn't look much different... but I love swanna so I had to evolve it

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • While I was searching for a chansey holding a luck egg in pokemon Platinum, I encountered a shiny ponyta instead. My first shiny outside of pokemon XY :).

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    When i started playing Pokemon Generation 4 (diamond and pearl) had just came out and i got as a Christmas present, know as a new pokemon fan i had no idea what to do when i got to the first Gym i couldn't enter. So I spent over 5 hours in the Oreburgh mines training my turtwig, during those long 5 hours of grinding i stumbled across 2 Shiny Geodudes and a shiny Onix, but I didn't know that they were rare at the time so i clueless razor leafed then all to death. (my first ever shinies) :L

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • Looking for a HA Lampent in Friend Safari, after about 4 encounters, i found a Shiny Lampent! :)

was hunting the other day whilst not actually looking at the screen :3 and suddenly i heard the sparkling unmistakeable sound, it was a Shiny Wartortle :) :) :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    My first shiny was a Weedle in LeafGreen. I named it 'Starly', interestingly, a Pokemon called Starly was revealed years later.

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • I haven't gotten any shinies in X & Y yet, but I did get an accidental shiny silcoon (now a beautifly) in Emerald and a shiny ponyta (now a rapidash) in Pearl :D

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • about three months ago I got a 6IV shellder while breeding, the parents had like 2 or 3 IVs each one, a week ago I got a 4IV shiny tyrogue while breeding, wrong ability tho...

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2020
    I lucked up on a shiny muk in X while trying to find out what was in a friend safari, and a shiny oddish in Y while trying to rush back though route 7. There the first couple shinies I've caught in awhile. o3o

Misaka

Yokoso
    Years
  • Every shiny I have ever caught was by accident. I have never come across a shiny I intended to find. My latest shiny was a Gurrdur which was definitely an accident considering it is one of my least favorite pokemon .-.

Back