• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Ace Attorney

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years

• Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!
    A rookie lawyer Ryuuichi Naruhodou stands up to save his defendants by proving their innocence from unusual cases!

Is the defendant guilty or innocent...? Believing his client's innocence Naruhodou stands in court and battles his rival judges. With the word of "OBJECTION!" and limited evidence, Naruhodou makes a comeback when all odds are against him and seems like there is nothing more he can do. Don't miss out on the comical episodes between him and his mentor Chihiro Ayasato, assistant Mayoi Ayasato, rival prosecutor Reiji Mitsurugi, and numerous unique characters! The anime also depicts the childhood relationship between Naruhodou and his friends. With the skills inherited from his mentor Naruho reveals the truth!

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 2, 2016 to ?
    Premiered: Spring 2016
    Broadcast: Saturdays at 17:30 (JST)
    Studios: A-1 Pictures
    Source: Visual novel
    Genres: Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Police
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Aoi Yūki as Mayoi Ayasato
    Masashi Tamaki as Reiji Mitsurugi
    Yuuki Kaji as Ryūichi Naruhodō

Chie Nakamura as Chihiro Ayasato
    Masami Iwasaki as Keisuke Itonokogiri
    Tooru Nara as Masashi Yahari

Staff:

Director: Ayumu Watanabe
    Series Composition: Atsuhiro Tomioka
    Music: Kaoru Wada
    Character Design: Keiko Ōta

Theme Song Performance: Rei Yasuda (ED)

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Had pretty low expectations for this, and after the first episode, I still do. Granted, I like that the various homages to the game were both present and not really framed so that they were particularly showy. Oftentimes they would do a game animation as an aside and the like and I think that works pretty well for the show.

I also worried about the art style being too simplistic or, worse, Phoenix not being able to express because of how he was animated. That mostly remains to be seen, I still have a few misgivings about the artistic direction they took with this. That in mind, how they present it's kind of creative and I hope that, in episodes that are less rushed (which, for this episode, was completely understandable) I'd like to see how the present the characters' more absurd breakdowns. Can't wait for Manfred.

If nothing else, though, the OST's pretty great.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Ha! I knew Zappychan wouldn't disappoint and by the time I got here the topic would be waiting for me.

I know this is a low-budget anime, but I really liked episode 1. I think it was a good adaptation and the seiyuus made a great work. I hope it keeps up the good pace. The next arc will be a mess otherwise lol

Also, Aoi for next episode <3

Bay

Years
  • Had pretty low expectations for this, and after the first episode, I still do. Granted, I like that the various homages to the game were both present and not really framed so that they were particularly showy. Oftentimes they would do a game animation as an aside and the like and I think that works pretty well for the show.

I too thought the show did nicely on that aspect!

Overall, I like the first episode a lot. Like Kenchiin, I too thought the seiyuus did nicely with the characters. I do wonder how some episodes will split up (like the first game's fifth case), but I guess I'll hold off that thought for now until the anime showed off the second and third case.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Episode 1:
    Never playing or have seen any of the gameplay to this, went into it blind with only the knowledge that it was about a rookie lawyer and that everyone I know and their moms are all obsessed with the games. Felt that it was gonna end up like a Danganronpa/ Search Results DRAMAtical Murder adaptation where peoples be mad because "the game did it better", but heck haven't played it so I was curious to how it would be.

I found it interesting - I like it enough. Interesting because I usually love detective anime where they go to the scene of the crime to solve thing - so it felt the same but different...?

It's decent, but there're some things that edged me a bit off - can't remember exactly what though...
    I guess I'll see the next few episodes though before I get the feel of it.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I found it interesting - I like it enough. Interesting because I usually love detective anime where they go to the scene of the crime to solve thing - so it felt the same but different...?

It gets more detective-ish later, not every time you know who is the culprit and stuff, so things get really interesting :)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Eeeeeh. Using game style presentation for new lpcations was a bit rubbish, but some othwr things like Sawhits scream creating a shockwave or the objection blowing off the wig was pretty cool.I also liked how they ued non game elements like Phoenix travelling by bike, or actually giving us a buildong fpr the courthouse. Can't wait to see where they go with it, considering its an already established story.

Bay

Years
  • So, anyone got to watch the second episode?

Spoiler:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Eeeeeh. Using game style presentation for new lpcations was a bit rubbish, but some othwr things like Sawhits scream creating a shockwave or the objection blowing off the wig was pretty cool.I also liked how they ued non game elements like Phoenix travelling by bike, or actually giving us a buildong fpr the courthouse. Can't wait to see where they go with it, considering its an already established story.

I don't know, I'd prefer it if he had thrown it in Wright's face like in the game. That made me laugh so hard, I wasn't expecting it. I can't believe they changed that. T.T

So, anyone got to watch the second episode?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I just started playing the games like a week ago, so these things are fresh on my mind and going to drive me crazy.

Bay

Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    2: The reason an adaptation usually fails isn't because of "pacing" or "leaving plot points out".

It's because those who adapt will take the script, but not the tone; they focus on compaction more than they do storytelling. If a story has already been written for them, they don't need to write it again. Unfortunately, this is not how it works - this adaptation may be getting the viewership number on name, but it sure as heck isn't earning that on its own merit. The sound effects in scenes are so misplaced that I feel like I'm watching a wholehearted comedy. I never felt this way when I played the games. When Mia died, in spite of the gimmicky and silly character running around, there was always this somber, hopeless atmosphere to the case and the character's feelings.

This is a show with the plot beats, but none of the finer details that make the game so interesting and engaging. Mia really does just feel like "Phoenix's boss who died", and Phoenix himself feels like a shounen protagonist in wolf's clothing. Sure, this episode wasn't as limited as the first one was, but it sure didn't do much to hide its fatal flaws. Come on, A-1, we know you have creative minds and a budget to spare with you - please expend just a little bit of it on this?

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Eh, if nothing else, the OST in this is good and only getting better. This episode, among other remixed tracks, we got the very early appearance of
    Spoiler:

Really hope they keep up the good work there.

Also, writing this post, I just realized how much I need certain things to be animated. Most of them T&T. As in the entire game. For just so many reasons.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

Liking it so far. It's easy to spot the differences, but I don't think any of them will hurt the overall product.
    I must confess that
    Spoiler:

By the way, the version I watched had in the subs the localized names for the characters, it was so confusing since I sometimes skip the subs due to my (minor) Japanese language. Why you do this subbers.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Like I assumed, episode 2 was much much better.
    Spoiler:

Bay

Years
  • Third episode time.

Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • What got me really excited in this episode was (potential game spoilers)
    Spoiler:

But despite the pacing, I enjoyed this episode and am kinda looking forward to the direction they take with the next one. They basically set it up for fun original material...potentially.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Back