• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Action Replay

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I've used Action Replay devices for years, I find them fun to mess around with after you've completed a game. :P Admittedly I have used it to modify IV's and for quick EV training but never to give them unobtainable stats. It's never messed up my save files.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
    I use AR only for obtain event pokemon, get a second masterball ( for emergencies) and to cause glitch on the emulator...I also use pokesav to obtain pokemon that I can't have, but I give them random nature and IVs: for example I get my chikorita like this, since GTS sucks (lv2 chiko with orrible nature for a lv100 lucario WTF?)

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    Before I lost my DS and all my Pokemon games, I loved my Action Replay! But if I cheated pokemon I never set them straight to level 100, I always trained them from level 1 so they'd feel more legitimate.

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
    I do use an AR on my Heart Gold rom. I have used an AR from a friend on my IRL HG to get all items and fully ev/iv for giggles [because y'know, some people don't have all the time in the world/are impatient]. I might get a real AR sometime.
    And no, I don't use the 999 stats cheats, as it is way too cheap. I have my limits.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    People who use action replay to complete the game are complete n00bs who don't have the skill to complete such a simple game by themselves. You know all they Pokemon you cheated to get, and thought they were absolutely awesome because they had 999 in every stat? Well, they aren't, because you have put no effort into the game whatsoever.

Coming from a 14 yr old, I am not reading too much into that poorly written response. lol

I have used the AR for Master Balls really, also for the Pokewalker, I have a desk job and SOMETIMES rarely go out into the field, but yeah, I hacked it to go on any Course for the Pokewalker simply because I dont want to go running every damn day to get a few thousand steps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I used to have a Gameshark for my old GBA, but I've never used an Action Replay. I would actually like one, though. Not for hacking actual Pokemon or anything, but... money. Items. That sort of thing. It annoys me to no end when I have to re-battle the E4 so I can afford Pokeballs and Repels, or when I have to figure out how to get extra TMs without starting a game over again. It'd help with building teams and whatnot; lately I've been hunting for Heart Scales and challenging the Battle Factory over and over again just for moves and items. It's getting a bit too tedious.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I use my AR only for quick leveling up. =P I'm an impatient person. But I don't use it for gigantic max stats or anything like that t-t And the 100% Catch Rate for legendaries. Either than that, I often don't use it.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    One day mine just stopped working for some reason.... I dont know why... I took it apart, cleaned, blowed on it put it back to gether and still nothing.

I would get another if I needed but Ive got all unlimited tms cheat and thats all I need. and combined with a friends cheat device he lets me borrow called a code breaker It gives me all the master balls and money I need, but thats it sadly.

I dont really need an ar untillI run out of tms, which wont be any time soon because Ive had my ar gone for about a year now and I got atlest 80 of all the tms.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    It ruins the game for me, I prefer to have finished a game without cheats mainly because when I get to the end of the game, it feels more rewarding knowing I didn't have to cheat. But when I do finish playing the game, I might use some cheats just for fun.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    I always use to use it. If it was a pokémon that I wasn't able to obtain in my version, I'd just pop the AR in, and then I'd have to pokémon caught no problem at all! I also used to use it to get stuff like infinite TMs, items that boost your PP and stats as well. Oh, and I use to use it for stuff like giving my pokémon certain moves.

...Don't use one now (as the last one I lost). But it also brings back good memories when I had one. Also used it to capture event pokémons (as I was unlucky enough not to live in a place where they give away free Mew's).

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    I used to use a Game Shark back in the GB/GBC days, but haven't had anything like that in more recent entries. Hmm... perhaps that's what killed my Silver version... although I used it on Blue as well and it is still fine to this day... meh.

However, I only used it after I had gone the distance with what I could. I was lucky/patient enough to get about a dozen Shinies and Level 100s in Silver, and I just used the GS to get what I couldn't get on my own (as by this time most of my friends were winding down when it came to Pokemon, thus I had little trading options).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Here's the thing about cheating, you may think "Oh, I'll just try it once to see what it's like, then I'll never do it again.....", WRONG! You try cheating once and then next thing you know your day just isn't the same without using a cheat or two. Then you'll be doing things you never thought you would just to score a new cheat......

Cheat use is video game abuse!

:P

That said, I have used an AR to get some things in a GBA game, but I don't use it for anything serious in the DS games, like I wouldn't use it to help my pokedex because that's no fun.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
    I'm planning on getting one, just because I want to clone my pokemon to transfer to Pokemon Black, because I still want to play on SS with my pokemon. So I'll transfer my clones to black and use them, while keeping my originals on SS, but other than that I probably won't use it much besides for breeding.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
    I was in GameStation today and I spotted Action Replay E2 or something, like a new one.
    I'm definitely adding it to my christmas list. :3

Back