• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • In Ruby, the first place you can get a Ghost type is Mt. Pyre or through trading unfortunately.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    You can go for Shedinja too, even though it's not that good and a pain in the ass to obtain. I'm not sure if any of Norman's Pokemon can hurt it, but I doubt it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Totally forgot about Shedinja, but if it's Norman we're talking about, then he does have Pokemon with Faint Attack, so Shedinja would be useless. :/

You're best going in with something of the Fighting type or even Steel or Rock. Defense is a good offense, remember.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • In Emerald do wild Solrock really hold Sun Stones? Because I've been in Meteor Falls all day trying to get a Solrock with a Sun Stone because Bulbapedia says the wild ones can be found with them. But if it's not true I don't want to keep wasting time...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yep, I believe they do. Chances of them actually holding one aren't that high, though, so if you don't want to spend time on catching them, you could just use Thief--if they happen to be holding a Sun Stone, then it's automatically yours. :b

ExitWound

Boggle
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    So, how do I change which badge each HM requires to use? I figure with like Cut and Strength you just change it through the object's script, but what about Fly, Surf, and Flash?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'm pretty sure that's a question about hacking, which doesn't belong here, but I'll answer it anyways :)
    I don't think you can, but what you can do is change the badge. Like if you want to have surf early in the game, instead of making the first gym leader give you the 1st badge, make him give you the fifth badge. It's kinda cheap but it works. The hack Pokemon Fuligin did it.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    So, I started playing FR the other day, and I'm about to challenge Misty (the second gym). I was gonna go catch a Pikachu to beat her... but I have no pokeballs. Or money. Anyone got an easy way to make some money early in the game? Thanks for the help.

Side note: Defeated all of the trainers possible at this point, so that's out of the question.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    Have you fought the trainers at Nugget Bridge yet? If you haven't, you can go fight them. After beating the 5 trainers, don't fight the Rocket Grunt just yet. First, go to the PC and Withdraw the weakest Pokémon you have and Deposit everyone else. Go to the Rocket Grunt and he'll give you a Nugget, then battle you. Lose the fight, and then go to him again. He'll give you ANOTHER Nugget and then fight you again. Repeat until you feel like you have enough Nuggets. Sell them for a fortune. When you're done, just Withdraw your team and then defeat him. Note that this is only for FR/LG and does not work in the Gen 1 games. Hope this helps.

Years
  • In addition to what's posted above, even without Cut, you can still get to Vermilion City, and a Cooltrainer in the Pokémon Center will give you the Vs. Seeker, which you can use to rematch trainers. They won't give much money on their own, but it's worth trying.

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Thanks khaozz, will definitely try this. Also, thanks for the extra tip, Crackle. I'll probably use that later in the game for some easy grinding.

EDIT: Just realised where nugget bridge is. Time for a rival battle. Yaaay...

Kashima DAC

Alpha Trainer Kashima
    Years
  • Question for Pokémon Emerald. Where can I find a complete text dump or script of the game? I can't seem to find any by search engine. ; - ;

Years
  • So, I started playing FR the other day, and I'm about to challenge Misty (the second gym). I was gonna go catch a Pikachu to beat her... but I have no pokeballs. Or money. Anyone got an easy way to make some money early in the game? Thanks for the help.

Side note: Defeated all of the trainers possible at this point, so that's out of the question.

Cool, I am not the only one who is playing FireRed. I am starting it today :D

Have you fought the trainers at Nugget Bridge yet? If you haven't, you can go fight them. After beating the 5 trainers, don't fight the Rocket Grunt just yet. First, go to the PC and Withdraw the weakest Pokémon you have and Deposit everyone else. Go to the Rocket Grunt and he'll give you a Nugget, then battle you. Lose the fight, and then go to him again. He'll give you ANOTHER Nugget and then fight you again. Repeat until you feel like you have enough Nuggets. Sell them for a fortune. When you're done, just Withdraw your team and then defeat him. Note that this is only for FR/LG and does not work in the Gen 1 games. Hope this helps.

Holy crap, exactly what I needed! Thanks for letting us know!

Emerald Dragon

Let the good times roll
    Years
  • can someone help me?

i am not sure if this is the right place for this and if its not then i am sorry for that. anyway onto what i need help with.

i am trying to trade the starters between two pokemon emeralds and i believe i have the right trade cable (but i am not a hundred percent sure). i trade trading right as soon as i could but that did not work, then i read online i need two or three on my team so i caught some and i still couldnt trade. that was when i read i needed the first badge so i went and each game got the first badge and i still can not trade between them, i am stuck at the "please wait or press b to cancel" part of the trading sequence. can anyone help me? or should i try and get my hands on two wireless adapters and trade that way?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I usually play in emulators, so I don't know how to answer this.
    However, I did find this online, so check it out.

"you do not need a wireless link to trade between any of the GBA pokemon games, however, it makes things a little easier.
    to trade between the hoenn (ruby/sapphire/emerald) and the kanto (firered/leafgreen) regions you need to have collected the ruby and sapphire games found by following the story in your firered/leafgreen versions (after the elite four). to trade within a region this is not necessary.
    Also to make emerald compatible with trading across regions you need to beat the elite four. (this is not necessary for ruby/sapphire)"

I found it here btw
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090512151121AA2IEgK

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Hey guys, interested in picking up Sapphire, Leaf Green and Emerald cartridges. I found some for sale on a local advertisement site, but I'm not sure about them.

The link, for anyone who's interested in helping me decide: http://www.adverts.ie/games/pokemon...set-of-5-or-individual-dsl-dsi-dslite/4702735

Basically, the issues I have are:
    1. they're pretty cheap. Here in Ireland, these generally sell for 12-15 a pop. The price worries me.
    2. No real pictures of carts.
    3. The use of the term "brand new"
    4. Fails to respond to myself, as well as other users, about whether or not the carts are "cheap knockoffs from China".
    5. He sells them for this price on eBay. Srsly how many games does he have? :/

If anyone can contribute to this I'd be delighted to hear what you have to say!
    Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back