• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieW

One of the good guys.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    If I were to use either Jiggylpuff/Clefairy as a member for my ingame team, which nature is the one to go for ?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Jigglypuff has more offensive stats, so I'd go with either Adamant or Modest (preferably former, since it has more physical attacks). As for Clefairy, try Calm. :]

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    If I were to use either Jiggylpuff/Clefairy as a member for my ingame team, which nature is the one to go for ?

Don't use them
    Well, since it was before the P/S split, I would go with something like Modest or Def up, Attack down on both of them. They have some pretty good special moves that they can use, and their attack sucks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I personally use Jigg/Wigg with a +Sp Att nature, EV it in sp att for a bit (not fully, it's only in-game) and go with T-Bolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, and a filler status move or another special move. That's just me, though. I've found it works rather well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2014
    Leaf green. Mewtwo
    Dream eater combo. i need a move to put my opponents to sleep
    where is this move ? try searching around for a answer. im teaching mewtwo this so don't tell me try with a different pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Unfortunately, there's no way to get Hypnosis or another sleep inducing move onto Mewtwo in gen III.

Years
    Thinking about New-Gaming Emerald

Hey guys, Not sure this is the place for this, and I realize it's almost a matter of preference blablabla.
    Just migrated all my pokes from emerald up the generations and figure I'd like to play through again. Anything I should go back and do/get before restarting? Should I go for the restart?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hey guys, Not sure this is the place for this, and I realize it's almost a matter of preference blablabla.
    Just migrated all my pokes from emerald up the generations and figure I'd like to play through again. Anything I should go back and do/get before restarting? Should I go for the restart?

If you've migrated all your Pokémon (well, at least the most valuable ones), then there's not much else for you to do; go ahead and restart your game. :] Have fun, and good luck!

Years
    Can I find Johto Pokemon in FireRed???

Yes. Need to defeat the Elite Four first. Then you go to One Island for island related side quest.

Islands Four to Seven will have variety. Not all Johto Pokémon will be in FireRed.
    LeafGreen and Safari Zone of Emerald (after its Elites defeated at least once)
    will have most of what you cannot get.

Lugia and Ho-oh are possible from Gamecube's XD and Pokemon Colosseum.

Six and Seven offer the good stuff in my opinion.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
    What team is the best for emerald battle tower?

What team is the best for the Battle tower in pokemon emerald? Currently I have

Dragonite Walrein Aerodactyl

Fire Blast Blizzard Fire Blast

Hyper Beam Ice Ball(The one that is like rollout) Aerial Ace

Ariel Ace Sheer Cold Hyper Beam

Wing Attack Surf Ancient Power

There all at level 100 and all but aerodactyl have HP at 300+(Dragonite 346 Walrein 333 Aerodactyl 285) I did stat train using Protein Iron Calcium Carbos Zinc and HP up(I used 10 of each witch is the most my Pokemon can take) I don't mind training/stat training again if you suggest a new pokemon thanks to the clone glitch. I can just clone nuggets for money rare candies for level ups and master balls for easy captures. Please reply to this ASAP I am just fried of ideas here. Any help is appreciated.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    For battle tower hmmm. Its good to have a spread of them. Have Pokémon that cover their weakenesses like having all three starters, but also have Pokémon that can get Pokémon in your party exe: Marill and Pikachu.
    Make sure you stat train. You can beat the game with just about any good spread of a team. I can't tell you exact Pokémon and definitely not movea but if you do it right, you shouldn't have to worry about losing. Easily.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Ruby, my team consisted of Metagross, Breloom, and Blissey when I had first went up against Battle Tower, and managed to keep a good, long streak. Metagross and Blissey were both walls, and Breloom was offender; together, they were amazing. :] Maybe you could try something similar?

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
    Years
    In Ruby, my team consisted of Metagross, Breloom, and Blissey when I had first went up against Battle Tower, and managed to keep a good, long streak. Metagross and Blissey were both walls, and Breloom was offender; together, they were amazing. :] Maybe you could try something similar?

How many wins did you get? Did you get silver/gold? I need to know that before I try it plus what moves do they know and how much PP does each move have(I can clone PP ups using clone glitch if need be)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    how much PP does each move have(I can clone PP ups using clone glitch if need be)

Each move can be boosted by three PP Ups, or one PP Max (Other than the move Sketch). Every time you use a PP Up, the maximum PP of a move increases by 20%. So with three PP Ups you get up to 60% PP boost. A PP Max would directly make your PP to the maximum possible amount, that is +60%. Obviously you should aim for maximum PP while going to battle.

Anyway, your team seems to have all offensive attacks. This is awesome for in-game, but since the BF is a bit different, I think you could go for a defensive Pokémon like Blissey.

I used to have a Gardevoir with Calm Mind, Hidden Power Fighting, Shadow Ball and Psychic, if that's any help. Basically I start with using Calm Mind a few times then start the sweep. However, it would be wise not to let Gardevoir fight against fast physical attackers.

Taiji Dragon

Supposedly there are islands in FR/LG's coding called mystery islands. It was said that there were more than 2 and that Bill and a new character appeared there in some sort of event. Is this information real? If so, can anybody provide me with further information about them if the info exists?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Supposedly there are islands in FR/LG's coding called mystery islands. It was said that there were more than 2 and that Bill and a new character appeared there in some sort of event. Is this information real? If so, can anybody provide me with further information about them if the info exists?

If you're referring to the extra islands of the Sevii Islands, then I think this link would help. It's all I could find on removed coding, if that's what you're after.

Taiji Dragon

If you're referring to the extra islands of the Sevii Islands, then I think this link would help. It's all I could find on removed coding, if that's what you're after.

Thanks! Very useful link but I was refering to this: https://www.poke-amph.com/frlg/mysteryislands.php

Wait it just ocurred to me. Is this a referance to sevii islands when FR/LG's information was being leaked in it's time? Because we meet Bill in the normal sevii islands. So have I been silly all of this time?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back