• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    Use cheats. Start the game and get your starter then using cheats(gameshark) make zangoose appear in the wild. You will also need to use cheats to make the Poké Mart sell Poke Balls. Cheats can be used on most Gba emulators. After you get the zangoose just put the starter in the pc box and battle may

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    What to do after Elite 4, Sevii Islands, and Mewtwo

Okay so I have completed everything except complete the Pokedex. I am finding it very boring just having to level grind to get my Pokemon to 100 on wild Pokemon and I want a way to try and make it more fun, how could that be done.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Could you please try elaborating that a little further, if possible? If you're aiming to complete your PokéDex and have resources to do such a thing (such as link cable, an additional GameBoy, copies of Leaf Green, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, etc.), you should definitely give it a go. If you are playing in an emulator, however, then you probably wouldn't have to worry about that, as you could use the built-in cheating system. Using cheat codes does take fun away, but I'm sure it won't if you keep it under control and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2023
    This is why Pokemon hacks were invented. The level curves make it so that you wont find yourself grinding on pokemon to get to level 100, you can complete the pokedex without cheating while using an emulator and often there will be more postgame content.

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Whenever I play it on a ROM what I like to do after I beat the game is just use the cheats to generate wild Pokemon and train them up and make a whole bunch of different teams to battle the post-game Elite4, just to mix it up a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My battery has run dry so i cant have time events.Does that mean that the Feebas' spots will remain the same since the phrase in Dewford doesnt change?

I believe so. This applies to all time-based occurrences, if I'm not mistaken, such as appearance and disappearance of Mirage Island, evolving Eevee into either Umbreon or Espeon, and so forth. I'm not really sure if there is any way to get around it, but there probably isn't.

Years
  • Best quick and easy way to generate & obtain lots and lots of Pokemon in this gen? (any game, RSE or FRLG) I have one of each of the games in this gen. The reason I ask is that I want to be able to transfer all the items I can from each game to 4th gen using migration and held items, and I'm quickly running out of boxed pokemon just to transfer to 4th gen. I've thought of endless breeding (eggs take a while to hatch) and the Safari Zone (most pokemon are hard to catch) but are there any other good ways to just get tons of pokemon easily and quickly? Doesn't matter what pokemon they are at all, for all I care I could send over a thousand Zigzagoon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I believe so. This applies to all time-based occurrences, if I'm not mistaken, such as appearance and disappearance of Mirage Island, evolving Eevee into either Umbreon or Espeon, and so forth. I'm not really sure if there is any way to get around it, but there probably isn't.

Have someone replace the battery in the catridge and you're good to go. The save file itself remains safe while time-based events like Latias and Lotto tickets work again.

Years
  • Okay, I know I'm late for the party. But I just noticed something when I start up my FireRed or LeafGreen games that if I press B + Select there is a "Berry Program Update."

Upon further research I learned that they were put there due to a glitch in the Ruby/Sapphire games.

Does this mean FR/LG have the same glitch? If so, what things are affected?

Does it also affect Emerald?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this, but I had never seen this before.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Okay, I know I'm late for the party. But I just noticed something when I start up my FireRed or LeafGreen games that if I press B + Select there is a "Berry Program Update."

Upon further research I learned that they were put there due to a glitch in the Ruby/Sapphire games.

Does this mean FR/LG have the same glitch? If so, what things are affected?

Does it also affect Emerald?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on this, but I had never seen this before.

Iirc fr and lg has the patch that could fix the bug for ruby and sapphire by connecting them to r/s they will fix the bug. Hope that clear things up for you.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2014
    Best way to recover from loosing entire save file...

Well, Fire Red is my first pokemon game (I know xD), and one day when I was saving the game with the battery low (rookie mistake) the game died on me, and when I turned it back on, everything was gone. After playing for 10 hours, getting 5 badges, and about 30 pokemon, I don't feel like restarting it all...
    Any ways for me to get over it would help :P

Last edited:

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
    Years
  • So you're save file corrupted? If so there's no way to get it back, it's gone. If it's on an emulator you have to set the emulator settings properly or if it's a cartridge your battery save may be dead so you have to replace it.

Years
  • Sven, please don't minimod! If you spot something you think is against the rules you should send a report. Would be appreciated if you were nicer in future posts as well; what you said was a bit much.

Anyway, moved this over to the questions thread.

I'm super sorry that you lost your save file, DragonKing! :( I know how that is, once I was so excited over an evolution that I threw my Gameboy in the air and it landed on the ground + deleted my entire file LOL. 8D That was the worst. Unfortunately there's not much you can do other than play a new game and work hard towards the new file. I notice that when I lose my file and start over I tend to put more time and effort into my new game. Often I even feel like it was a good thing I lost my data aha. At first you might not want to restart but eventually you should get a little more motivated. Good luck!

Years
  • I really don't know where to answer this question, but what is the kind of hat this Team Aqua Grunt wear:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Hi! First post!1!1!111
    okay so anyway i recently got an emerald cartridge in the mail, and ive read a lot about fakes and how abundant they are. i was just wondering if mine looked like a fake- imo it looks pretty legit, but just to make sure...
    i dont have my gba sp right now because a friend's borrowing it, so i cant check if trading works or if the save file has been corrupted or whatever message shows up. thanks!

oh oops i forgot this pic. the sticker is holographic i think but im not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Oh well.

The very first thing would be if at the start the game says "This game can be played". If that's the case you have a fake copy for sure.

Otherwise you can see the back, if it has some raspy surface behind the cartridge usually is legit. I've seen cases which this doesn't happen and is legit so don't panic about this detail.

Real Pokemon games will usually have a foil-ish / holographic type label. That applies for Emerald as well. Also make sure the rating is the correct (depends on the region, of course, if you're in the US it should state "E" -for everyone-).

It also has the Nintendo Logo with the numbers on it.

Said the above, seems pretty legit to me :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back