• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    thanks so much! like i really hope that when i actually get to try it that it wont say that dreaded message and if it does i swear i will literally be so mad
    it makes me feel better that someone else says its legit tho. 😅

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Wait. That sadly looks pretty fake to me. Look at the ESRB rating box thing, and the Nintendo logo next to it, and compare them to the logos on any other game. They're just... off. Also notice the space in the word "content" that shouldn't be there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    oh god
    i just compared it to my mario and yeah the nintendo logo is wayyy off like the font is extra bold or something.
    and con and tent are separated bleh
    if this is a fake, then its a really good fake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    so
    on further investigation
    the nintendo seal says "official nintendo seal" and on the mario it says "official nintendo seal of quality". suspicious.
    and the color on the seal isnt quite right for the emerald
    this is all very concerning

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • so
    on further investigation
    the nintendo seal says "official nintendo seal" and on the mario it says "official nintendo seal of quality". suspicious.
    and the color on the seal isnt quite right for the emerald
    this is all very concerning

Actually the first wording is the correct one. In the present the symbol says "Official Nintendo Licensed Product", and it used to say "Official Nintendo Seal"

Source

I do agree anyway with the fact there's something off :/

Let's see once you can play it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    so i played it for the first time today, and guess what?
    its a fake!1!!1!111
    cool i spent like 20 bucks on it thx amazon seller
    ugh
    will it function like a real emerald though?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't really know too much about bootlegs, and they might vary from bootleg to bootleg, but after doing some research, I am pretty sure that it might function as a regular one but whatever you do, do not trade or connect with another game with your bootleg copy. It probably won't work.

Does the seller have a return policy?

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Guides

really weird question but should i get the official nintendo guide or the prima guide for emerald? apparently prima is more detailed but i really dont know. help would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    really weird question but should i get the official nintendo guide or the prima guide for emerald? apparently prima is more detailed but i really dont know. help would be appreciated!

All information that you need regarding Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald could all be found on Internet, so spending money under those kind of guides would be sort of a waste, I believe. If it's only for collection purposes, then sure; I'd go ahead if I were you!

As for which you should probably go with, I can't exactly say, as I haven't bought either of those. If you read somewhere that Prima guide is more detailed and whatnot, I'd say it's a wise decision to go with it.

Years
  • So I'm playing both LeafGreen and FireRed, enjoying the memories...however I'm at a crossroads and I'm trying to remember which gym leader to tackle next. I've done Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Erika. I defeated Team Rocket and got the Sylph Scope, then went to Lavender town and got the PokeFlute to awaken Snorlax.

By traditional canon which gym leader was next? Sabrina or Koga? I'm having a hard time remembering.

Years
  • So I'm playing both LeafGreen and FireRed, enjoying the memories...however I'm at a crossroads and I'm trying to remember which gym leader to tackle next. I've done Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge and Erika. I defeated Team Rocket and got the Sylph Scope, then went to Lavender town and got the PokeFlute to awaken Snorlax.

By traditional canon which gym leader was next? Sabrina or Koga? I'm having a hard time remembering.

As far as I know, the next Gym in canonical order is Koga's so Fuchsia City is where you'll want to go.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Eevee and Ditto?

I've been saving my Eevee, particularly to have baton pass. I'm wondering if I can breed him with a Ditto to give at least one egg baton pass and shadow ball, then get all the eeveelutions.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I know Shadow Ball will pass as a move since it's a TM and your Eevee is male, plus I've done that myself. I'm not sure if Baton Pass will go through, but it's worth a shot. I think it should, though. And even if it doesn't pass on to the baby, it's not like every Eeveelution will need it. Only a few of them actually can make use of it. Hope that helps!

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    This may sound a bit silly, but

Is it widely known you can easily clone 6 pokemon at a time using a bootleg pokemon ruby, sapphire or emerald game?

Usually people don't play a bootleg game to the fullest, and thats why I want to ask.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I doubt it's widely known because no one wants to play a bootlegged Pokemon game. You can't transfer your Pokemon over into generation IV and beyond with bootlegs because DS games inserted into the system will detect a fake GBA cartridge in the second slot and erase the save. So if you're really into having 6 clones on a fake game, that's great and all, but that's three generations ago, so there's not much point to cloning in an old generation these days unless you want to brag about your 6 Rayquaza in Sapphire. Yay? lol

Most of the time when people seek to buy the GBA games, they ask here about whether or not the games look legit. Or if they already have the games and are worried about fakes, they post pictures here and get advice. Basically, people on this forum generally don't want to buy or play fakes. So that's why that's not well known I'm sure, cause no one wants the fake game to even bother testing it.

As far as I know though, there's a way to clone in Emerald. So if you really want to clone your gen III stuff, there's your game.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    I had bought a fake ruby mistakenly on ebay for 10 dollars (I am so gullible :P), but I played through and it was pretty good. Only problem was that whenever you saved, the sound would distort.

I've heard the emerald cloning technique is a bit risky and hard to preform, whereas this glitch is a no brainer:
    1. Get 6 pokemon you want in the REAL GAME
    2. Trade them over to the FAKE copy
    3. Save
    4. Trade those pokemon back to the real game in exhange for 6 random "commons"
    5. Turn off the Fake game
    6. Congradulations! You have 2 legit copies of each pokemon.
    Anyways I'll just just use the method to get a full box of raquaza or something, and eventually transfer them to XY. Somehow...

MisterD

Heeey, Nathaaaan. I finally got my...Inclement Wea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    Question regarding region locking with the GBA games and Shadow Pokemon games

I'm just going to make this brief as i can but would a Japanese Advance Pokemon game like Emerald be compatible with an American Colosseum in terms of trading and linking for multiplayer battling? I want to know this because I plan on buying a Japanese Emerald soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back