• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced Master Hackers

Years
    • Seen today
    Hmm, might as well I guess?

Name: N/A
    Nickname: Swifty
    Wanted job: Mapper
    Reason to why you want to join: I've worked on my own, and in a pair, but never in a group :P might be interesting.
    Proof of work:
    I chose 3 very different maps, all from my current hack:
    1. Clover Town,
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map01.png
    2. A grass route (And yes it looks like theres an easy way, but its blocked by sprites the first time round ;) )
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map02.png
    3. A cave route (which is bigger than my screen <<)
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map03.png

Contact info: I'll PM my msn if I am accepted ^^.

And yes, I use Fire Red tiles XD Just because I can't insert anything better on my own.

You need to improve a bit with the maps.
    Whats with these empty places in the forest maps?
    The city has really too much empty space....

I'll ask the current members for a voting,k?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Theres a lot of trainers and an event on the bit before the final ledge ;) I see what you mean though.

(If you meant the spaces around the outside, its because thats out of view haha, I make them playable)

Updated that map for you ><

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have to say those are nice maps. The 2nd one has a tile error (a tree doesn't have a top), and lets you down a bit, due to the line of trees that doesn't seem natural, but those are nice, and can be easily improved, by clearing the free space and making the trees more naturally placed. They have a bit of free space, but you are quite good. I'd say yes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Um....everyone can do that job....sorry,you're not accepted....

Now this isn't a dig or anything but... I agree inserting OW's isn't that hard and you may not be looking for a "OW's inserter" But it's not something everybody can do, it can be a tedious/annoying job that not many are willing to do, also it's easy to mess up pallets, so I think you should reconsider that guy. Not that i'm bossing you around it's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen today
    Now this isn't a dig or anything but... I agree inserting OW's isn't that hard and you may not be looking for a "OW's inserter" But it's not something everybody can do, it can be a tedious/annoying job that not many are willing to do, also it's easy to mess up pallets, so I think you should reconsider that guy. Not that i'm bossing you around it's just my opinion.

Kay,but you should know that we have 3 inserters in the team.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Wassup ray? I gonna sign up for the job of scripter, but it will probably be under aerow. I don't have enough proof yet, so look out on this post on the next few days

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wassup ray? I gonna sign up for the job of scripter, but it will probably be under aerow. I don't have enough proof yet, so look out on this post on the next few days

Iknow your skills,but you got to prove yourself to other members,got it?I can't just tell them you're good.

You don't need to hurry,we haven't planned a hack,so you got time.

Years
    Name: i will send pm
    Nickname: i will send it to you in pm
    Wanted job: Spriter and graphic maker
    Reason to why you want to join :i know how to make sprites and graphics
    Proof of work(3): i will pm you
    Contact info: same thing, pm...

Years
    • Seen today
    Hmm, might as well I guess?

Name: N/A
    Nickname: Swifty
    Wanted job: Mapper
    Reason to why you want to join: I've worked on my own, and in a pair, but never in a group :P might be interesting.
    Proof of work:
    I chose 3 very different maps, all from my current hack:
    1. Clover Town,
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map01.png
    2. A grass route (And yes it looks like theres an easy way, but its blocked by sprites the first time round ;) )
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map02-1.png
    3. A cave route (which is bigger than my screen <<)
    https://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/Map03.png

Contact info: I'll PM my msn if I am accepted ^^.

And yes, I use Fire Red tiles XD Just because I can't insert anything better on my own.

I'm sorry,but you're not accepted....

Name: i will send pm
    Nickname: i will send it to you in pm
    Wanted job: Spriter and graphic maker
    Reason to why you want to join :i know how to make sprites and graphics
    Proof of work(3): i will pm you
    Contact info: same thing, pm...

Now,that is some smashing proof of work!You're very talented with pixel art.
    You're in the team. ;)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Can I know why? ^^ It would help me improve my maps if there was something specifically wrong with them.

(And thanks Marx ;))

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Well look who it is haha, little Ray, once the kid I helped out in the beginning, now the commander and chief haha. Well looks like you've done well for yourself whilst I've been away, good for you mate haha.

Well this is something I didn't expect, me coming outta hacking retirement to apply for ya team haha. This looks like the perfect team for me at the moment so let's see if I make the cut haha.

Application:
    Name: Chris
    Nickname: Wolfie or Novus
    Wanted Job: Graphic Designer, OW Spriter, Tile Inserter, Mapper, Story Writer, Light Scripter
    Reason Of Why To Join & Proof Of Work:
    Well, let's see, kinda went off hacking for a bit when last hack got completely erased due to computer crash, then school, exams, work and other real world commitments took over. But now I'm back and looking forward to getting some quality work outta my hacking and think this team would be perfect for me.
    Not trying to sound im-modest or anything but I have some talents others lack knowledge of in hacking, which I will explain now along with proof of work:
    Graphic Designer:
    Ok, here's where I have I would say, more knowledge than most with editing the ingame graphics, such as battle boxes, titlescreen, hero/heroine graphics and most other things that involve ingame palette editing and general editing. I first starting looking for a way to change ingame graphics as I wished to set my hacks apart from others and I truly adore well done graphics.
    I'll start with my battle box editing I did to change the hp/status/battle box to a Platinum style which I have been asked numerous times to make a tutorial of and might do sometime and here it is ingame, please note this is an actual ingame screenshot I took from testing:
    Advanced Master Hackers

There are as always certain restrictions but after a few hours of tweaking, I got it to look right and function properly ingame.
    Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

These are the way the boxes are, ready to be inserted into the game using Unlz. Please note this actually took me a matter of days to fully accomplish to my high standard and if I see this in someone's hack without permission I won't stop in bringing you down.

Now back onto a lighter subject haha, titlescreen editing, simple enough, giving you know what your doing and if done correctly can look superb. Now on a FR or LG rom you get the normal flames in the background yes, well I have dicovered a way to alter said flames into animated objects of the same size and movement. I haven't fully tested yet as I've been away but in theory it should work perfectly.

OW Spriter:
    Ok, now OW spriting is in my opinion, just plain awesome, as just fiddling around with different techniques, changing clothes and hairstyles round and everything is just fun. Hahaha.
    Anyway, I've developed a cross between FR LG R S E sprites and DPPl sprites so as too get the same quality as DPPl but a near size to the FR LG R S E sprites. So instead of just talking about it, take a look, this is a development shot, a Platinum Lucas in my style, a custom Ash sprite and a revamp of FR LG hero I made, and again theft is not allowed.
    Advanced Master Hackers

Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

Tile Inserter:
    Ok, not much proof here as I'm not so much, just looking for an inserting poisition but also a tile maker/editor position as well. I've been inserting tiles from the beginning of my hacking career and have got pretty good at it.
    At the moment I'm working on a Kyledove Sinnoh Style tileset which is in perfect working order, except for actually inserting the tiles and converting some to slightly altered colours but the main thing holding me back is the time it took me and still takes me to correctly index each building/tree/flower/whatever with the right colours and everything, soif I get some help, could finish my tileset which will also include, well mostly made of custom tiles in Kyledove's Sinnoh Style which I think looks incredible. Here's some of my custom buildings and I'm sorry, but again, theft is not tolerated with these as each one takes time and a keen eye.
    Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

As you can see, I make custom tiles as well which are ready for insertion.

Mapper:
    Ok, onto the good stuff, now I know Ray, you're the mapper and everything but it's always good to get another perspective and other ideas and opinions when mapping so, co-mappers, or you lead mapper or whatever if I get in hahaha.
    Now instead of rambling on some more, I'll just show you my maps, now note these were made in a completely different program called Sphere which is an RPG Maker Program which I used for a short while but it still shows the same thing any other map would, so here they are:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Story Writer:
    Now I know that there isn't actually a Story Writer position advertised but you guys said you having chosen a project yet and don't have a story or anything. Now I've already partial story I've been working on for a while and which I think is rather good but then again, anyone could think there own work is good haha. So Ray, next time I see you on MSN, I'll try and have the main backstory written up to show you and I'll send it to ya.

Light Scripter:
    Ok, when I say Light Scripter, I mean it. I can do most scripting but I really don't like to and so I'll do some smaller scripts, like I have a honey tree script I've been working on, not completely like the DP honey trees as that's either impossible or really hard but it'll do a good job.
    Now I don't have any proof because as I said before, all my previous hack stuff got deleted along with my scripts I created and worked on. So, if ya take me on as a Light Scripter I'll create some great little scripts that will set the hack apart from the rest, partially cos my scripts are usually fun and cool but also because they add a new aspect to the game.

So after all that, think about me for your time, I got lotsa spare time now, although will be away most of next week.
    So, thanks for taking the time to read that and consider me.
    You have my respect Ray, you've really come along, great work mate.

LW

Years
    • Seen today
    Well look who it is haha, little Ray, once the kid I helped out in the beginning, now the commander and chief haha. Well looks like you've done well for yourself whilst I've been away, good for you mate haha.

Well this is something I didn't expect, me coming outta hacking retirement to apply for ya team haha. This looks like the perfect team for me at the moment so let's see if I make the cut haha.

Application:
    Name: Chris
    Nickname: Wolfie or Novus
    Wanted Job: Graphic Designer, OW Spriter, Tile Inserter, Mapper, Story Writer, Light Scripter
    Reason Of Why To Join & Proof Of Work:
    Well, let's see, kinda went off hacking for a bit when last hack got completely erased due to computer crash, then school, exams, work and other real world commitments took over. But now I'm back and looking forward to getting some quality work outta my hacking and think this team would be perfect for me.
    Not trying to sound im-modest or anything but I have some talents others lack knowledge of in hacking, which I will explain now along with proof of work:
    Graphic Designer:
    Ok, here's where I have I would say, more knowledge than most with editing the ingame graphics, such as battle boxes, titlescreen, hero/heroine graphics and most other things that involve ingame palette editing and general editing. I first starting looking for a way to change ingame graphics as I wished to set my hacks apart from others and I truly adore well done graphics.
    I'll start with my battle box editing I did to change the hp/status/battle box to a Platinum style which I have been asked numerous times to make a tutorial of and might do sometime and here it is ingame, please note this is an actual ingame screenshot I took from testing:
    Advanced Master Hackers

There are as always certain restrictions but after a few hours of tweaking, I got it to look right and function properly ingame.
    Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

These are the way the boxes are, ready to be inserted into the game using Unlz. Please note this actually took me a matter of days to fully accomplish to my high standard and if I see this in someone's hack without permission I won't stop in bringing you down.

Now back onto a lighter subject haha, titlescreen editing, simple enough, giving you know what your doing and if done correctly can look superb. Now on a FR or LG rom you get the normal flames in the background yes, well I have dicovered a way to alter said flames into animated objects of the same size and movement. I haven't fully tested yet as I've been away but in theory it should work perfectly.

OW Spriter:
    Ok, now OW spriting is in my opinion, just plain awesome, as just fiddling around with different techniques, changing clothes and hairstyles round and everything is just fun. Hahaha.
    Anyway, I've developed a cross between FR LG R S E sprites and DPPl sprites so as too get the same quality as DPPl but a near size to the FR LG R S E sprites. So instead of just talking about it, take a look, this is a development shot, a Platinum Lucas in my style, a custom Ash sprite and a revamp of FR LG hero I made, and again theft is not allowed.
    Advanced Master Hackers

Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

Tile Inserter:
    Ok, not much proof here as I'm not so much, just looking for an inserting poisition but also a tile maker/editor position as well. I've been inserting tiles from the beginning of my hacking career and have got pretty good at it.
    At the moment I'm working on a Kyledove Sinnoh Style tileset which is in perfect working order, except for actually inserting the tiles and converting some to slightly altered colours but the main thing holding me back is the time it took me and still takes me to correctly index each building/tree/flower/whatever with the right colours and everything, soif I get some help, could finish my tileset which will also include, well mostly made of custom tiles in Kyledove's Sinnoh Style which I think looks incredible. Here's some of my custom buildings and I'm sorry, but again, theft is not tolerated with these as each one takes time and a keen eye.
    Advanced Master Hackers
    Advanced Master Hackers

As you can see, I make custom tiles as well which are ready for insertion.

Mapper:
    Ok, onto the good stuff, now I know Ray, you're the mapper and everything but it's always good to get another perspective and other ideas and opinions when mapping so, co-mappers, or you lead mapper or whatever if I get in hahaha.
    Now instead of rambling on some more, I'll just show you my maps, now note these were made in a completely different program called Sphere which is an RPG Maker Program which I used for a short while but it still shows the same thing any other map would, so here they are:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Story Writer:
    Now I know that there isn't actually a Story Writer position advertised but you guys said you having chosen a project yet and don't have a story or anything. Now I've already partial story I've been working on for a while and which I think is rather good but then again, anyone could think there own work is good haha. So Ray, next time I see you on MSN, I'll try and have the main backstory written up to show you and I'll send it to ya.

Light Scripter:
    Ok, when I say Light Scripter, I mean it. I can do most scripting but I really don't like to and so I'll do some smaller scripts, like I have a honey tree script I've been working on, not completely like the DP honey trees as that's either impossible or really hard but it'll do a good job.
    Now I don't have any proof because as I said before, all my previous hack stuff got deleted along with my scripts I created and worked on. So, if ya take me on as a Light Scripter I'll create some great little scripts that will set the hack apart from the rest, partially cos my scripts are usually fun and cool but also because they add a new aspect to the game.

So after all that, think about me for your time, I got lotsa spare time now, although will be away most of next week.
    So, thanks for taking the time to read that and consider me.
    You have my respect Ray, you've really come along, great work mate.

LW

I'm glad to have you back on hacking.I remember you was my first friend in PC!

The graphics were awesome.We need a graphic designer,so you're in as graphic designer.

You're in as o/w designer as well.

Tile inserter/maker!Sweet!You're in.

Mapper?I see you're advancing very fast,and thats what AdvancingMasterHackers want. ;)
    You're in as mapper.

Story writer...theres no such hacking job....
    and we haven't planned a hack cause we didn't tried to. :D

I have something in mind though....

Light scripter,no we need an advanced/ing one.

We discussed with most of the team members,and i'm sure the others will agree with our choise.You're offically in the team as graphic designer,itle inserter/maker and mapper!

We're glad to have you on board,Wolfy.

Last edited:
    Back