• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen After the Storyline

Years
  • Do you like how the game had you fight lvl 54 pokemon against N and Ghetsis,
    and then all the newly opened routes go straight to the 60's?
    Personally, as a not-so-good trainer it's kinda a really hard to conquer push =/

Opinion?

Jack

ego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2020
    I played this game. with no idea this was coming. took me ALOT OF TRIES.

Years
  • I hopped straight on over to Route 11 after completing the story and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into battle with Pokémon that were much higher level than my own. It was a surprise, but a welcomed one nevertheless. It gets old quite quickly when you're able to sweep Pokémon trainers easily. I found it to be much more challenging fighting trainers with such high-levelled Pokémon.

I realised I'd need to train some more if I was going to progress onwards so I went straight back to the Elite 4. Again, I was surprised to see their levels and teams excel beyond 70+. I seriously didn't think anything would change from the first time around, in terms of their Pokémon team and levels. I'm glad I saved my game right before entering...

I didn't bottle it though. I forced myself through those guys with everything I could muster and only -just- managed to scrape by Alder. My highest levelled Pokémon was only 58 and it came right down to a last Pokémon vs. last Pokémon situation. :X

Years
  • I hopped straight on over to Route 11 after completing the story and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into battle with Pokémon that were much higher level than my own. It was a surprise, but a welcomed one nevertheless. It gets old quite quickly when you're able to sweep Pokémon trainers easily. I found it to be much more challenging fighting trainers with such high-levelled Pokémon.

I realised I'd need to train some more if I was going to progress onwards so I went straight back to the Elite 4. Again, I was surprised to see their levels and teams excel beyond 70+. I seriously didn't think anything would change from the first time around, in terms of their Pokémon team and levels. I'm glad I saved my game right before entering...

I didn't bottle it though. I forced myself through those guys with everything I could muster and only -just- managed to scrape by Alder. My highest levelled Pokémon was only 58 and it came right down to a last Pokémon vs. last Pokémon situation. :X

Ha, you doing that makes you a ton better than I am, since I'm not really good with strategy in Pokemon, I like to just have lots of forceful moves and support moves. I'm not really patient so it's hard for me to sit and train (working on it though)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • It was like a big BOOM for me. I only made through it as well as I did because all my Pokemon were raised to level 60+ before the Elite 4. But I can see how hard it must have been for those who didn't. I think the game should have eased me into it, and included re-battles.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It wasn't bad for me, the reason for this is because my Pokemon were in their 60's by the time the main story mode was over in Pokemon White. But its not like the jump went from 54 to level 74....a 20 level difference---then that is something to complain about, but 5-10 level difference isn't as bad as you think

:t354:TG

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    I hopped straight on over to Route 11 after completing the story and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting to be thrown into battle with Pokémon that were much higher level than my own. It was a surprise...

This is what I did, and I was very surprised. At that point, I went around searching to see if there were any new Trainers that did not have level 60+ Pokemon, but I did not succeed.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I transferred all of my prized pokemon in soulsilver to my black version, so I've never had real trouble with these trainers. I probably should've waited a bit more...

Years
  • It was like a big BOOM for me. I only made through it as well as I did because all my Pokemon were raised to level 60+ before the Elite 4. But I can see how hard it must have been for those who didn't. I think the game should have eased me into it, and included re-battles.

I think so too, I'm getting better, so it's not a HUGE deal for me, but its still a challenge

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • I just beat the Elite four yesterday and went to train to the Dreamyard. There's quite a few trainers with Pokemon about levels 63-65 so it's a good place to train if you're like me and your best Pokemon was lvl 65 and weakest 51 when beating Elite 4. My lvl 51 Pokemon beat lvl 64s in the Dreamyard quite easily, but if it was 70+... I have two Pokemon who could beat them, lvl 69 Basculin and lvl 58 Samurott. 10 levels is something that you can still patch up with good tactics but if the difference is more than that it's gonna be tough.

If your Pokemon aren't strong enough to fight 70+ I suggest you go around Unova as there are trainers and wild Pokemon with only 60+ levels. That's what I'm doing.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I was surprised seeing the levels of the trainers on the eastern routes, but I easily managed to pass by them, thankfully.

Years
  • I just beat the Elite four yesterday and went to train to the Dreamyard. There's quite a few trainers with Pokemon about levels 63-65 so it's a good place to train if you're like me and your best Pokemon was lvl 65 and weakest 51 when beating Elite 4. My lvl 51 Pokemon beat lvl 64s in the Dreamyard quite easily, but if it was 70+... I have two Pokemon who could beat them, lvl 69 Basculin and lvl 58 Samurott. 10 levels is something that you can still patch up with good tactics but if the difference is more than that it's gonna be tough.

If your Pokemon aren't strong enough to fight 70+ I suggest you go around Unova as there are trainers and wild Pokemon with only 60+ levels. That's what I'm doing.

I've gotten better, I just haven't expected the jump since I'm not an avid player from before, my strategy is much better than when I posted this

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • It wasn't really that hard for me because... I went on google and searched up what happens on the post game and trained my pokes up to a really high level :D

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • Do you like how the game had you fight lvl 54 pokemon against N and Ghetsis,
    and then all the newly opened routes go straight to the 60's?

Yeah it was pretty fun than fighting lv40's all the time, but Ghetsis was a bit hard because he had a Hydreigon lv50 when it's not suppose to evolve in that level.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • It did overwhelm me that the levels shot up like that, but what others said before ''They are weaker then Ghetsis'' is actually true, If you can beat Ghetsis then its possible but difficult to beat the other routes/half of Unova.

Back