• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ahh... the good old days....

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • I noticed there was not a thread like this in this forum (Not PC, the metal/color gen forum of PC.).

So, I'm creating one.
    Anyways, I remember having gold as my very first pokemon game...
    It was a lot of fun. Probably my favorite ever.

I can still remember when I beat the E4 just using Feraligator.

So, my question to you is:
    Have you ever had such a wonderful memory while playing the older games when you were younger?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Most definitely! I remember beating red, the E4 and everyone else with a Lv.84 Chikorita! I miss those games. Gold was my first too and it's internal batt. died. :[ So now I'm stuck playing the dumb Pearl games. Too many competitive battling obsessors playing now!
    I miss my Chikorita :'[

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Yeah, I miss my Feraligatr.
    Fortunately, I bought a new Gold. So, I might just get to relive those days.
    Although, if you want to relive Gold/Silver, there's always zel's ShinyGold!.
    If only those Gold/Silver Cartridges still lived...

Aniram

I use MS Paint.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    I remember the time I epically restarted my Pokemon Red to get strength early and move the truck to get Mew, which never worked. I saw the truck, but I never got the Mew..

I remember having acquired all 151 Pokemon and then when doing some glitch losing my entire save and just collapsing in misery and vomit.

Ramengan

16-foot Poliwag
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2011
    I remember the time I epically restarted my Pokemon Red to get strength early and move the truck to get Mew, which never worked. I saw the truck, but I never got the Mew..

I remember having acquired all 151 Pokemon and then when doing some glitch losing my entire save and just collapsing in misery and vomit.

That sounds... gruesome.

There's always the Mew Trick. :D

Gold was definitely my favorite, and I was quite sad when the cartridge ended up breaking. The only one I've ever completed a Pokedex in is Red. My last Poke was a Flareon from a friend.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever completed a pokedex, so, Bravo! :D

I don't like it either when a cartridge breaks/refuses to works.
    Anyways, I just remembered something else!
    I was playing Gold and I was in the 8th gym.
    Anyways, I pushed a rock down of of the holes, and when I saw it in the magma, I was afraid to cross over it! (If you've ever played Mario 64/Galaxy, and you know what happens when you try to step in lava? That's what made me scared of crossing the rock! :D

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I still have my original Crystal. Although, I didn't like it as much as G/S.
    But, I guess since I'm not really the battling type (more of the explorer type.), I don't really care about the Battle Tower.
    Being able to be a girl was ok. (Since I'm a boy, it doesn't really affect me that much.)
    Overall, I thought Crystal was Pretty good, although, I wanted to see more changes. (maybe a new gym leader, and More to do in Kanto! :P)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I loved just going to surf to the mew truck It was a must do in red blue and yellow
    My favourite was the missigno in red and blue but my friend always got over level 100s

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Haha! I Love the Missingno. Glitch! I guess the old 'M' still lives... O.O

Anyways, I bought a Red off of eBay a while ago, still love it! :D
    I can't wait to do all the Glitches! So much fun!
    The Glitches is the reason I bought the game!
    Anyways, have any of you ever heard of "Pikablu"?

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • I remember using mystery gift function through the little sensor things on the GBC.

Also, when blue/red first came out and my sister went to get it. We thought Marowak was the main villain.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    My friend who plays Silver doesn't know about the internal battery... Every day I come to these forums I say, "I better tell him"... and then I forget. Lol.

Years
  • I was just recently playing Pokemon Crystal. I've owned my copy since 2001 and, amazingly, it still saves my game. My copy of Gold is even older, and it still saves as well (as far as I know - I lent it to someone a few weeks ago). That game brings back so many memories. I love playing in good old school Johto.

Not to say I'm not having battery troubles, though. At the moment, I seem to have misplaced the charger for my GBA SP, preventing me from charging the system and playing my games. Groan...

Evee_

Josh, dad found your Scootaaa
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    i used to spend all my time when i was younger playing pokemon yellow and blue :P
    ive still got the saves on them since i first started the games :P
    my pikachu on yellow is at lvl. 85 :) same with my legendary birds and mewtwo at lvl. 76

but my blue im trying to figure out if it is possible with a glitch to get mew on it.
    i do like the new games ofcourse. but nothing can beat the classics xD

Years
  • i do like the new games ofcourse. but nothing can beat the classics xD

^^ said it for me.

I still have my Gold/Yellow.

I remember like it was yesterday when i first got the transfer pack for the N64 so i could play yellow on my big (15") TV :D
    Was pretty epic tbh.

Hah, good times.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
    Years
  • I still have all the GBC versions, but I recently got a US version of pokémon crystal so I'm playing whit a little bit different game even if the events are exactly the same (duh it rymes '-'). Anyway I still play with my french (so my first) GBC games.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Oh yes. i remember being 16 and getting green. My japanese teacher gave it to me to practice. She and I screamed when I caught MewTwo.

Izy

Todas las dias.
    Years
  • Ah yes. Crystal version. I remember playing my cousin's gold version and wondering why there wasn't a Battle Tower xD

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
  • I remember getting BLUE when it first came out, I was 18. I had to replace it after dropping my GB Pocket and making the battery come loose. I still have my replacement game and a RED game, Gold and Sliver(had to replace the battery in both though).

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    yeza! I REMEMBER MY YELLOW IT WAS SICK I COMPLETED IT IT LIKE NOTHING AND I CAUGHT MEW AND MEWTWO

Back