• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alakazam or Gardevoir?

Alakazam or Gardevoir?

• Total voters
    Years
    You guys missed me?

Well, today we have yet another Pokemon vs. Pokemon thread. This time, we battle out two pure Psychic type Pokemon.

Alakazam
    Alakazam or Gardevoir?

vs.
    Alakazam or Gardevoir?

Gardevoir

Just to make you aware about the stats, Alakazam has a slight edge over Gardevoir when it comes to special attack. But Alakazam is poor on both defense and special defense and Gardevoir gains an upper hand there. Speed wise, Alakazam is far better than Gardevoir. When it comes to the moveset, both of them can be at par since they can learn most similar moves through TMs.
    I hope that lets you make a good decision not solely on appearance. xD;;

Years
    I've used Gardevoir more often than Alakazam, but that's just because of Ralts' early availability and the ability to evolve it fully without trading. I've always preferred Alakazam, however.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i love gardevoir its been one of my favorite pokemon since the first time i saw it in gen 3. i have only used kadabra once in my teams but never bothered to evolve it yet i just dont really care for alakazam

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Gardevoir...
    I like the higher defenses, which would mean it's more reliable.
    & I don't need to trade to get 1.

Plus, I would date a female Gardevoir...

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Alakazam, I used to always have one in my team and I've only recently not been using him in order to add some variety in my teams. I don't mind Gardevoir but Alakazam always feels a better fit in my team and my battle style... there is also the fact that Alakazam is awesome :p

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    Alakazam has been one of my favorite Pokemon since Gen. 1. I really like its speed because when I'm using Gardevoir it seems like every Pokemon is faster than it.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I'm much more used to Alakazam and I love using it, in fact it's my favourite Psychic-type Pokémon. :D I prefer it to Gardevoir because of its Speed, because I'm really crazy for the Offense + Speed combo~ Gardevoir and Gallade I both really like but I think they leave something to be desired for Speed which for me just kind of goes hand-in-hand with good Psychic-type Pokémon, although maybe that's just me.
    I really do prefer Gardevoir's appearance, but not enough for me to consider it in Alakazam's league. Still awesome, though~

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Alakazam.
    Gardevoir is just too ... feminine. It's like... you can't have a male ralts or it's be like... that! 0_o

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Gardevoir. I don't care if Alakazam is the smartest Pokemon of all, but Gardevoir's beauty is what drew me to it. I even liked its roles in the Mystery Dungeon games.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Alakazam, you have been booted out by the Psychic Beauty Club.

Gardevoir all the way. I am a Hoenn nutt xD I perfer it over Alakazam in battle and design. Besides, Alakazam has a mustache; does a female Alakazam have one also? Then again I shouldnt bring up genders considering male Gardevoirs..... -shivers-

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Take a guess.

I still love Alakazam, though. But Gardevoir is a favorite of mine.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Well I would never use Gardivoir to battle with, buuuutt it is a sexy pokemon so it wins my vote easy, over spoon loving Alakazam. Just look at the mustache! ;o;

Back