• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens...

Do you beleive in aliens?

• Yes! I've been abducted!

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Yes! There is no doubt in my mind.

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Maybe. It could be possible.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No. It's a conspiracy.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • No. That's impossible.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Icy42

.:~ICY~:.
Years
  • Do you believe in aliens? What do you think are their purposes?

This article about ETs is pretty cool

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I definitely believe that aliens exist. The universe is so vast, one would just be deluding themselves if they say this is the only planet where life came to be.

I think the main question people like to ask is not if extra-terrestrial life exists(which as I said is pretty much definite), but if extra-terrestrial beings have come to our planet. And I remain on the fence in this regard. While there have been several 'alien sightings' in the past century, nothing has been confirmed. They could just be secret spy satellites, weather balloons(as if, XDD), or more commonly, hoaxes and pranks.

But if any of these sightings were in fact genuine, one has to think why. Are they studying us or what? Perhaps it could be the closest they could get to time travel, learning of primitive societies like ours. And speaking of time travel, I've heard some theories that some or all of these 'aliens' are in fact future humans who have finally figured out how to travel back in time. =O

And whether they are humans from the distant future, or actual beings from another world, you still have to think why here, and why now? Well, my theory is that they are worried about us, actually. In the past hundred years, more human beings have died than in any other century in humankind's history. Furthermore, we have developed methods of warfare which in the wrong hands could annihilate every living thing on the planet(barring cockroaches).

They could also be very much afraid of us. I mean, look at how humans have dealt with those having a different skin colour, or even a different religion. It's pretty safe to say that aliens would be even more different than any particular human, so I wouldn't blame them for hiding themselves. Not to mention the fact that some humans may just like to plant some WMD's on the aliens' homeworld. >_<

So yeah, aliens do exist, but whether they've come to Earth or not, I dunno. XD

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Mm..yeah, it's possible they exist. Most stories are kinda just rumors/fake though.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
  • Yes, two reasons why. Given the projected size of the universe, it is statistically almost impossible for some form of extraterrestrial life to exist. Whether that life is sentient or even necessarily sapient is another matter, though that is also likely. Second, it is impossible to prove a negative. While their existence has not been confirmed, we cannot and never will be able to say with certainty that they do not exist.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I would say yes, alien life exists. Have we been visited? No. The laws of physics are pretty hampering to any being thinking about traveling to another solar system, let alone another planet with intelligent life.

Does intelligent life exist elsewhere? Probably, but it might be so distant that they might as well not exist at all, as signals would most likely take many centuries or millennial to go between Earth and wherever their planet is.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    No, the little green thingies don't exist in my opinion.
    But I do beleive that real aliens that aren't green steriotypical bugers are very real, we just don't know about them.

Icy42

.:~ICY~:.
    Years
  • Personally, I believe in aliens. Based on the article in the first post, I think it would be neat to meet the zetas and help them with their spirituality issues.

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    absolutely, it'd be selfish o think we have this gigantic universe to ourselves^^

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Of course they are real! I'm that boy from E.T. who somehow didn't fall off a flying bike ripped off witches from 500 years ago! Maybe witches are aliens?

Nah, I just think it is impossible for there to be no life in the universe. As I have said sometime before, life is an extremely complex structure of elements that give power and electricity at randomness. This power wants as much as possible, thus making organisms translate effects of actions from the power, which was an accident in development, thus, making life.

Accidents shouldn't be that rare. There should be another complex structure out there that had that accident! Chuck Norris is not the only one to accidentally be hated. A birth of a brother happens. You are not the only one making typos sometimes. And I am not the only one that threw the stone that caused the debris to hit Osama and cause him to cause 9/11...

At least I hope o_o;...

Emii

I'll Keep Orbiting For You★
    Years
  • I definitely believe that aliens exist. The universe is so vast, one would just be deluding themselves if they say this is the only planet where life came to be.

I think the main question people like to ask is not if extra-terrestrial life exists(which as I said is pretty much definite), but if extra-terrestrial beings have come to our planet. And I remain on the fence in this regard. While there have been several 'alien sightings' in the past century, nothing has been confirmed. They could just be secret spy satellites, weather balloons(as if, XDD), or more commonly, hoaxes and pranks.

But if any of these sightings were in fact genuine, one has to think why. Are they studying us or what? Perhaps it could be the closest they could get to time travel, learning of primitive societies like ours. And speaking of time travel, I've heard some theories that some or all of these 'aliens' are in fact future humans who have finally figured out how to travel back in time. =O

And whether they are humans from the distant future, or actual beings from another world, you still have to think why here, and why now? Well, my theory is that they are worried about us, actually. In the past hundred years, more human beings have died than in any other century in humankind's history. Furthermore, we have developed methods of warfare which in the wrong hands could annihilate every living thing on the planet(barring cockroaches).

They could also be very much afraid of us. I mean, look at how humans have dealt with those having a different skin colour, or even a different religion. It's pretty safe to say that aliens would be even more different than any particular human, so I wouldn't blame them for hiding themselves. Not to mention the fact that some humans may just like to plant some WMD's on the aliens' homeworld. >_<

Wow! That all made alot of sense to me! =D

I never thought about the time travel thing. Interesting theory..

and I agree about why they would want to hide themselves. People discriminate so badly.. not necessarily everybody, but if not now, then over the past years most people were very discriminatory.

As for me, yes, I believe aliens exist. I don't know if they've visited Earth, but I think if they are much more advanced than us, then they could very possibly visit Earth, if they wanted to.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Aliens exist IMO. But I wouldn't want to stereotype what an alien should look like before I see one consciously

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years

My opinion on the matter is pretty much summed up in this post right here.

I believe it is impossible for them to NOT exist.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • As most have stated, the universe is too big for aliens or some other form of race other than humans to not exist. The UFO sightings and stuff might be fake and people coming up with stuff like "I was abducted" and all that jam, but aliens do exist.

I haven't seen one or heard one, but I just have a gut feeling. The universe is too large for aliens to not exist, it's as simple as that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It is true that all the rumors about aliens that you hear from people around you and on the TV is just not real. But almost everyone here knows that.

That doesn't mean I don't think they don't exist, I just believe no one has seen one before. They have a chance of existing. There could be ideal environment for life to grow somewhere far away.

Remember, we are just tiny human in this huge, endless universe. It's not possible for us to tell something surely. God can change even facts in seconds.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    "It's possible they will be little and they may even be green, but no, they won't be men."
    It's a perfectly reasonable assumption that life exists on other planets, but of course most of it won't be sapient as we are.

Their 'purposes', as you put it, are the same as ours: to exist. It seems to me given human nature, that contrary to so many depictions in popular culture, we would be the alien species invading their planet.

Edit: Mistakenly went for the 'abducted' vote since I misread the one below it as "there is doubt in my mind" and took it as being an incremental list.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • There are millions of other solar systems in our galaxy and about 10% of planets containing life supporting system may harbor other life forms. Whether be it a microbe or some highly civilized being, there is no doubt there are aliens in other worlds.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • YES! I believe in Aliens and they exist. I don't believe that we're alone in the vast universe. There's many proof of the existence of Aliens than the bible. Probably it will be solved if the controversial Area 51 will confess.

Back