• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens...

Do you beleive in aliens?

• Yes! I've been abducted!

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Yes! There is no doubt in my mind.

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Maybe. It could be possible.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No. It's a conspiracy.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • No. That's impossible.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To answer this, the Universe does not end; it continues to grow after the Big Bang. Until it reaches a point where it stops gorwing and begins to collapse in on itself.

And to put a spin on the size of the Universe, our Galaxy is inside a Galaxy Cluster, which itself has millions of galaxies inside it. In an approximately 30 x 30 feet room, our galaxy cluster is the size of a small shirt button.

This is what I was told during a science lesson last year as we studied the topic. Now, knowing this, you try and tell me that life cannot exist outside of Earth.

I here that but it still makes no sense. There has to be a space which it has not expanded to yet right. What is that space? And the big bang is just a theory and leaves it open to ask what was there before it happened.

Kirakas.

The Rainbow Ranger.
    Years
  • To answer this, the Universe does not end; it continues to grow after the Big Bang. Until it reaches a point where it stops growing and begins to collapse in on itself.

And to put a spin on the size of the Universe, our Galaxy is inside a Galaxy Cluster, which itself has millions of galaxies inside it. In an approximately 30 x 30 feet room, our galaxy cluster is the size of a small shirt button.

This is what I was told during a science lesson last year as we studied the topic. Now, knowing this, you try and tell me that life cannot exist outside of Earth.

I believe that's called the Big Crunch, right..?
    All in all, Big Bang/Big Crunch is a theory, and not proven to be fact. To other, non-atheist religions, it's completely false. As a Christian, I believe that there was nothing in the universe until God put something there. (Which, I think, implies that the universe is endless, but it does put the whole Big Bang theory to rest.) As far as I know, the Bible doesn't say anything about God creating anything outside of Earth; He finished His creation in seven days. So, I don't believe in aliens.

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Aliens and UFOs have been invented to cover up secret accidents throughout history. They are also used as an explanation for various mysteries that people just can't be bothered solving. Aliens are a conspiracy!

I here that but it still makes no sense. There has to be a space which it has not expanded to yet right. What is that space? And the big bang is just a theory and leaves it open to ask what was there before it happened.
    God was there before the Big Bang. Apparently, he caused it.

Last edited:

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, I believe that aliens do exist, i've watched lots of documentaries and other stuff, i'm actually pretty interested in it. Stone Henge is one thing about it, I also watch paranormal stuff, I can't list all of those now, but it's very convincing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    The vast size of the universe makes it highly likely that there is other life out there. Maybe not in our galaxy but somewhere... We are aliens to them aswell; to say that Earth is the only planet that harbours life is just ignorant.
    Maybe governments have made conspiracies but that dosn't mean alien life dosn't exist.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • The universe is so vast, if we were the only place with life, the idea of life would become pointless. There is acual proof though of life outside are planet. A small, frozen rock chrashed to earth many years ago. When it was found things like bacteria and other microscopic life was found. True, it wasn't the UFO shapeship we were probaly wanting... but it does prove that there IS life. Its not so advanced as we are, but hey, evolution takes a while...

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    well, based of the hugeness of the universe, it could be possible, but based on how long Earth's evolutionary history is and where we are now, chances are that any other life forms out there are at the same level of technology as we are and couldn't possibly be spying on us and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Of course aliens are real! Wasn't Ford Prefect an alien?! *shot*

Also, humans aren't descended from monkeys, we're descended from pathetic aliens who cared more about luxury then surviving and crash landed on earth. *shot again*

annnnyways,

Nah, I don't really believe in them. At least in the context that we see them in movies.

I believe if they are real, they would be very much like humans.

~Mooshykris

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Aliens and UFOs have been invented to cover up secret accidents throughout history. They are also used as an explanation for various mysteries that people just can't be bothered solving. Aliens are a conspiracy!

God was there before the Big Bang. Apparently, he caused it.

And wgere was God exactly since you have all of the answers? There had to be a place where he dwelled.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • I think that aliens are definitely real. The universe, as we know, goes on forever. It isn't really possible that we are the only existing life forms in the whole entire universe. It just doesn't make any sense to me how we could be. But, they are probably too far away from us to be "spying on us" or trying to "take over our world" like they are depicted to have been wanting to do in films and stuff like that.

However, I hope that proof will be found sometime in my lifetime. I think it's interesting, and I wanna live to see the day. :|

Hurricano

A Last Day Of Magic
    Years
  • If I think about the word 'alien', I think about freaky things with 3 eyes or something. Maybe even that does exist, but maybe it doesn't. But if you ask me:"Do you think there is more life in the universe than here on earth" I would definitely say yes. As stated above, I don't believe in things as a takeover or spying aliens, that would be just... I can't describe it, for real.

And yet, as stated above, I hope there will be proof, or else, more clues to more living creatures existing, or more living creatures existed, but that they are extinct.

Deefie

it's hard to hold a candle~!
    Years
  • I'm sure there is something out there, i just don't think it is like an ET(movie) kinda thing
    I think they are more intellegent than we are and i hope that if they come to earth humans and aliens can come along great:)

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • i find it funny how all these scientists say this and that and that theres a slim chance of life on that planet, or they're in an interview, say like, in a documentary about extraterrestrial life or something..and they say that they think theres only a slim chance..but to me that just sounds narrow minded; is'nt there a slim chance of us being the ONLY planet with life on it?

besides, we can hardly talk about aliens coming and destroying our planet when we're so busy destroying it ourselves, eh?

negative rant over ^__^

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Yes, I believe there are time traveling aliens who befriend human women and take them to the far reaches of the universe and have misadventures with them.

Years
  • I believe aliens exist. I mean, we are just one planet, in one galaxy. There are probably many more galaxies and more planets with SOMETHING living on them. :P

They may come and eradicate us humans. It's not impossible. :p

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I believe that's called the Big Crunch, right..?
    All in all, Big Bang/Big Crunch is a theory, and not proven to be fact. To other, non-atheist religions, it's completely false. As a Christian, I believe that there was nothing in the universe until God put something there. (Which, I think, implies that the universe is endless, but it does put the whole Big Bang theory to rest.) As far as I know, the Bible doesn't say anything about God creating anything outside of Earth; He finished His creation in seven days. So, I don't believe in aliens.

The Big Crunch, correct.

And as I said in the God/Jesus thread, I am fully aware that it is not proven, but from what I have read up on and from what I have learned, it has the highest probability of being true.

The Big Bang was the start of everything, the pinprick on the time map, the very beginning of time. So there was nothing before the Big Bang, at all. And there are some scientists who even go so far as to suggest that this is not the first Universe; there have been several Big Bangs and Crunches. But even I find that difficult to believe.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    It'd be pretty silly to say it's impossible, given the size of our universe. I won't deny the possibility.

Back