• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All about sexuality

Sirfetch’d

What is your sexuality? Are you certain of it or do you still question yourself? If you are certain about it, at what point in time did you discover your sexuality? Does your family know?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hmmm, I generally go with panromantic asexual? But my sexuality is fluid enough to the point where I could sometimes right out say pansexual, though that's a far reach and I'm more likely to fall into demisexual/grey-asexual.
    I think since I was about ten I'd always been hearing my peers talk about how sexy people were and then later on about sex itself, and I just never had the interest, never felt sexual attraction. Aesthetic attraction, sure, and all kind of appreciation for the way people look and move, but sexual interest? Nah. That doesn't stop me from using more sexualized terminology though; saying crap like "orlando bloom can totally ♥♥♥♥ me" is a more evocative and easier to relate to sentiment than "man orlando bloom is absolutely stunning and i would absolutely like to give him all the love i have and have that love be returned".
    (disclaimer: im using orlando bloom as an example because i watched fellowship of the ring this morning not because im actually that invested in him)
    My mom essentially knows this. She understands it mostly on an intellectual level but doesn't quiiite get it I don't think; she's often of the mindset that "you'll get there when you're older" (uh hi mom i'm gonna be 21 in two weeks). And most of my friends know I think? I don't really talk about it unless prompted and I just assume everyone knows lol. Also when thinking about other people my mind tends to default to "this person is asexual until proven otherwise" just because like. I don't care about other people's sexualities? idk. And I forget that other people don't see it like that, and it kind of weirds me out to remember that a lot of people see me as heterosexual, not because of anything particularly but because that's still default.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm openly pansexual, and hold no discertainty in that. Up until about age 15 I had no thought that I was anything but straight, and then I had thoughts of liking both genders sexually. At around my sixteenth birthday I asked myself, "If I'm bisexual, what would stop me from caring at all about gender?", and without a justification for that I decided I was pansexual.

Looking back I remember displaying behaviors as a child that would further justify my sexuality, though at the time I didn't think anything of it. In grade school there was always one other boy I'd pick to hang out with to be a best friend of sorts, and I'd often like to smell his hair and play with his limbs, and I'd always be interested in the things he'd be doing and developed routines of interaction with him, such as drawing together and sharing snacks in recess detention, things like that. Obviously with girls at that age things were much more different and less serious than that, but I digress.

As of yet I haven't found romantic interest in men, and am a lot more comfortable with women in relationships. Sexually anyone is good. :P

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm asexual and bi-curious. I consider myself to be straight, but I do have a couple female crushes like Rikku Al Bhed or whatever. I just consider myself bi-curious because I'm more curious about the same sex than I am attracted to them. I'm asexual because I've never really liked the idea of having sex. If I do, I want to wait until I'm married or ready for it, and right now I'm nowhere near being as ready as I should be.

I have actually thought of dating a girl, just to see what it's like. I've always had that fantasy yet never had the guys to give it a try. Mainly, because I don't like any of my female friends that way. It'd be so weird for me, even though I've always wanted to try it and such. I'd much rather stay with the person I have now because he's amazing and treats me the way I want to be treated, so for now I'm just bi-curious.

Years
  • I'm gonna be that boring guy.

100% straight. I've been aware of my sexuality since I was like nine or ten I guess. Basically as soon as I started getting attracted to people it was pretty clear I was only attracted to girls.

Unless my family have some very unfounded misconceptions about me, they know.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I'm just straight. The brief moments I've ever questioned myself and wondered if I might like girls too, I always quickly come to the conclusion of "nah, I'm not turned on by girls".

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • What is your sexuality? Are you certain of it or do you still question yourself? If you are certain about it, at what point in time did you discover your sexuality? Does your family know?

I am a lesbian.

Yes I'm certain.

Hmm, well I bounce back and forth for a while, just trying to understand and come to terms with who I was, and not who I wanted to be or who other people wanted me to be. I knew I was gay, I just didn't know for sure how gay. I'd say about two years ago.

Yep. My parents even went to Pride with me this year.

Last edited:

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • Well, I'm heteroromantic asexual (apparently that's the term for it). I never really lost the mentality everyone shared when I was a bit younger (as in people talked about sex, but no one was interested in it), I don't find sex appealing. I just...don't. As for romantic interests, I built up this wall, as I don't really find relationships logical and they seem too stressful for someone with my personality, but I do know I am not attracted to people of my gender. I do occasionally look at a girl and think she's really pretty or something, so I guess that makes me heteroromantic, if anything.
    I'm a piece of work I guess :P

I'm not really sure when I truly became aware of the fact that I was asexual, as I always felt the same way about sex, and I don't know if I'm heteroromantic or just aromantic (that's a thing, right?), so that's still out there.

My family is aware, yes. My dad handled it in a strange way. Every now and then he'd ask me which tv character I thought was prettier or something of the sort, and I'd just give him a "I couldn't care less" look. He also keeps telling me I'll change as I get older. My moms pretty normal about it.

Last edited:

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • Asexual in that I don't find sex appealing, straight in that if I were to be in a relationship, it would be with a girl. Am I using the wrong words here? Sorry, haha, I'm fairly ignorant on this topic.

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
  • Asexual in that I don't find sex appealing, straight in that if I were to be in a relationship, it would be with a girl. Am I using the wrong words here? Sorry, haha, I'm fairly ignorant on this topic.

That would be classified as heteroromantic asexuality.

On another note...

I identify as demisexual. However, I usually refer to myself as the term queer because not many people around here knows what demisexuality is and I really don't feel like explaining it to some hicks that may make fun of me for my sexuality.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I identify as demisexual. However, I usually refer to myself as the term queer because not many people around here knows what demisexuality is and I really don't feel like explaining it to some hicks that may make fun of me for my sexuality.

Demisexuality, the need for a strong emotional connection before they can experience sexual interest. Correct?

I did a LOT of research in my day. I seriously for a time thought myself demisexual, but it was a stepping stone for me to just, well, understanding.

Yukari

Disclaimer: If you want to interject anything about my age, then please; keep it to yourself.

Though it could be said that I'm interested in the opposite gender, that's pretty much all. And I'm really turned off by women with... Exaggerated features... Or whatever label you want to apply to it. And I HATE romance. I would literally rather have white-hot rods of metal driven into my eyes then be in a relationship. My family knows, but they're rather unreceptive of it all...

Aaaaaaaand... That's all I've got...

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
  • Demisexuality, the need for a strong emotional connection before they can experience sexual interest. Correct?

I did a LOT of research in my day. I seriously for a time thought myself demisexual, but it was a stepping stone for me to just, well, understanding.

Correct. Though another thing about it is that the demisexual individual only has sexual interest in the person whom they have a strong emotional connection with.

Years
  • Asexual. I'm not interested in having sex... right now, anyway. I don't look at people and go "man I want to have sex with 'em". I might change my mind if I ever bother dating. But until then, I'm cool with being abstinent. Easiest just to call myself asexual, though 'disinterested' might fit better. *shrugs*

And to be honest, I don't know if I'm into guys, girls, both, or anyone. I'd be open to dating anyone to start. Sometimes I fear I'm just straight and desperate for a connection, so I don't like going around being like 'oh I'm totally bi-curious' only to take it back later. .__.;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Ultramarine said:
    Well, I'm asexual and straight.

The way you said it the first time was fine, don't worry about everyone else lol

As much as I love Tumblr (the fun side anyway), it's created this culture of self-importance and over-introspection where people feel the need to have a precise answer to this question that can go upwards of ten syllables to make them feel like a special snowflake when really it probably isn't all that complicated. That's my take on it anyway.

I'm gay, by the way

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • The way you said it the first time was fine, don't worry about everyone else lol

As much as I love Tumblr (the fun side anyway), it's created this culture of self-importance and over-introspection where people feel the need to have a precise answer to this question that can go upwards of ten syllables to make them feel like a special snowflake when really it probably isn't all that complicated. That's my take on it anyway.

I'm gay, by the way

Real talk.

But yeah, gay, yes I'm sure, family is cool with it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Biromantic. I'm new to most of these terms, unfortunately :x
    I'm not turned on by the same sex, but I'd be happy to enter romantic relationships with them. I only found this out last year...? Not too sure, but fairly recently. No, my parents don't know.

Years
  • I'm heterosexual. Even though I don't think too much about women in general, I still feel that I'd fall in love with a woman more than a man.

Back