• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    I just can't wait to see alola arcanines typing be honest I'd like every Pokemon that's foreign to alola have alola forms , it can help with that Darwinism theme it's going for

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    COUGH.

Alola Forms

COUGH.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    I noticed that earlier too. However, the white hair could also be due to the effect of they're going for with the 'lighting'. However, it seems too big of a difference to be the lighting.
    You can actually see shadowing on its mane. It's a very specific area, too - parts of the kit used for riding seem to be the same colour Tauros' mane should be. You'd think they, along with other aspects of the image, would be lighter too. Finally, the horns and mane are pretty much the exact same colour, even though they are completely different on normal Tauros. If it was just the lighting, you'd see a notable difference.

But the obvious answer is yes, that is way too extreme to be the lighting.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    only one I really like is vulpix/ninetales. I'm really surprised they didn't go ice/psychic or ice/ghost. I hope there's more to be seen!

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I can understand Sandshrew becoming an Ice-type due to the climate it's adapting to but how is it suddenly able to produce metal plates onto its body using the same DNA as Sandshrew?

https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-sandshrew said:
    The Alolan Sandshrew has a shell of ice covering its skin, which is like hard steel.
    This leads me to believe there is no literal metal in Alolan Sandshrew, or "Snowshrew" as I've taken to calling it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    I've been hoping for a while now that hail gets a buff (frosslass being one of my favourite pokemon). Now I'm actually expecting it. We got new ice type forms which both have snow cloak for some reason. I feel like they're giving more options for hail teams. Maybe they'll introduce a defense buff or attack buff for ice types in hail and even make a swift swim/sand rush/chlorophyll equivalent for hail.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I wonder what caused Vulpix and Sandshew to become ice types in this region.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Didn't they already show Tauros in-game from July's Japanese trailer, and it just happen to be a regular Tauros?
    Yes.

And I seriously doubt they would make a new form for it that looks so similar. It's not as if it's the only pokemon that's washed out.

I wonder what caused Vulpix and Sandshew to become ice types in this region.
    Read their entries on the official website.

Reactions: EC
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I don't know.. maybe they wanted to bring some old pokemon sun in with new forms to become new powerhouse pokemon. You never know when pokemon go will bring in later gens.. with location exclusive forms of pokemon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I wonder how they will deal with evolution. Vulpix needs a fire stone to evolve, I wonder if it will still need a fire stone or if something else will take effect. Having an Alolan Vulpix needing a Fire Stone would kinda break the reasoning for it being Ice. So I wonder what they plan to do.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    I wonder how they will deal with evolution. Vulpix needs a fire stone to evolve, I wonder if it will still need a fire stone or if something else will take effect. Having an Alolan Vulpix needing a Fire Stone would kinda break the reasoning for it being Ice. So I wonder what they plan to do.

I'm guessing we get ninetails the same way as glaceon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I'm thinking Vulpix found naturally in the wild might be Ice type? Though another caveat with that is what if players actually want the Fire type Vuplix. Hm.

I am thinking they would use logic in a situation like this and have both forms. Only being different depending on the area in which it is found. I love the idea of the new forms, but like others, I am still hoping we can get both.

Bay

Years
    I'm guessing we get ninetails the same way as glaceon

Was thinking same thing. I can see that happening.

Back on topic, the designs for these forms I think are need. Like everyone else, Vulpix/Ninetales are very pretty and Sandshrew very cute. Been seeing many folks amused at Exeggutor's form including myself haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I am thinking they would use logic in a situation like this and have both forms. Only being different depending on the area in which it is found. I love the idea of the new forms, but like others, I am still hoping we can get both.
    Has it been confirmed that we need to transfer over the originals from Gen VI or the R(G)BY to get them? I think I read it somewhere.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Has it been confirmed that we need to transfer over the originals from Gen VI or the R(G)BY to get them? I think I read it somewhere.

Not that I know of, unless I missed it. It says pokemon that have come over from other regions though, but I thought that just meant coming over in general. Having an instant change like that is not something I want to see. I would love to use both forms.

Also I would like to point out that we have a normal Arcanine in the Games, yet it was supposed to be getting an Alolan Form according to a leak.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    For the whole Vulpix evolution thing, why can't we just raise it in the northern Alola climate and make it a Ninetales? ( We could do the ice rock thing like with Glaceon or use the never melt ice) Better yet, why not just make an ice stone for it to evolve with? I know some people might disagree, but remember while it's still part of the Vulpix family, it's Alolan. If it doesn't have the same type as a regular Vulpix it makes no sense to me to have it evolve the normal way. Why not just give it a dawn stone or something? Wouldn't a fire stone kind of kill it ;-;?

Back