• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Years
  • Poor Dewgong. I absolutely love their typing combination but their stats are appalling and they don't have much to show. I can only hope an Alola form would be able to fix their faults.

I actually feel bad for Dewgong, because like you said they suffer from terrible stats. While I feel they're likely not getting an Alolan Form, I feel it could be a good way to give it attention again. Alolan Forms did at least give Raichu spotlight again, so why not give it to another underappreciated Pokemon?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I know a lot of these have been seen in a trailer, but we don't know where the pokemon are from. They could be from other Regions and therefore they haven't adapted. We know both forms can be in the game form Pokemon Bank confirming that and having a Meowth with your mother who is from Kanto. Thing we have seen could be from Kanto as well. It is also possible for some not to be out until after the main storyline ends and perhaps a new island opens up.

Are you saying you doubt the riddle leaker? So far, all of his leaks have been correct.

So I just don't think we can mark those out 100% not yet. And I am not going to count them out just yet either. Although, I am not sure what you mean by In-Game Merchandise. It could still be a Kanto Festival or something where they have normal forms of pokemon there.

By in-game merchandise, I meant Pokémon appearing as statues, T-shirts, vehicles, and accessories.

Seel and Dewgong were another pokemon I would love to see get an Alolan, but I am not sure what they could do with it. And i don't see Vileplume. Hitmonlee, or Hitmonchan getting an Alolan unless they also give Bellessome and Hitmontop one.

I could see the Seel line's Alola forms retaining their Water typing but would have to gain a new secondary typing. Is your reason because you don't want one split evolution being left out?

I doubt Lickytung is going to get one, because then Lickilicky would need one to make any sense. I also don't think Clefable will get one because it just recently got a type change to Fairy.

Shoot, I forgot about Lickilicky. I should remove it from the list.

Years

• According to this new video by TheOneIntegral, he's put these factors into what decides an Alola Form or not:

• Generation 1 only (or has been heavily implied to be)
    • Evolution lines with an evolution from a later generation (or have a split line with a later gen evolution)
    • Evolution lines with a Mega Evolution
    He has automatically ruled out starters and legendaries by default (since he claims an Alola Form for them will mess with their tradition) as well as Pokemon seen in their normal forms in a trailer or other promotional material. He has also not ruled out any lines that have a non-1st Gen pre-evo since they could likely just pull a similar case to Exeggutor and Marowak (e.g Smoochum evolving into Alolan Jynx).

On top of this, he also ranks the remaining eligible lines from least likely to most likely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

• Poor JWittz hasn't heard about the Riddle Leaks and how one of those leaks crossed out Kanto Pokémon that aren't getting an Alolan forms, which are unfortunately on his list (Lapras, Dragonite, Wigglytuff, and Machamp).

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I'm not following leaks or rumors or anything and this is no speculation of any sort, but I would love to see Farfetch'd get an alolan form or evolution. Poor little fella needs some attention.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years

• Poor JWittz hasn't heard about the Riddle Leaks and how one of those leaks crossed out Kanto Pokémon that aren't getting an Alolan forms, which are unfortunately on his list (Lapras, Dragonite, Wigglytuff, and Machamp).

But regardless, that Alolan Lapras art is super cool haha.

I can see Victreebel getting an Alolan form (maybe to be bigger and more imposing? Alola seems like it would be a great environment for it to flourish) and the Koffing line (ash-related?).

Years
  • since pikachu and raichu have an alolan form i really hope Pichu gets one as well because it's my favorite baby pokemon :c

Correction - Pikachu doesn't have an Alola Form. Only Raichu does. On top of that. Pichu has been shown in its regular form during E3 footage so it's been ruled out.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • We can cross out the Parasect line, the Dugtrio line, the Kingler line, and the Electrode line since they were shown in their regular forms (both in battle and in-game merchandise) in the newest trailer.

Pichu has been shown in its regular form during E3 footage so [Alolan Pichu] been ruled out.

Technically, any given Pokemon could be in the game in both forms. It's still a possibility. For example, it may be possible to have both a Meowth and an Alolan Meowth in this game. Maybe.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years

Such a shame really. I really liked his ideas for Lapras and Dragonite. The rest I didn't really like (though I give him kudos for making Golem be more unique than the original designs who just want lava flowing through the cracks). His original fire-Jynx design was also really cool, and much more original that his mermaid-Jynx, would have loved to see some proper art from that design, and it kind of makes me want to see Jynx get an Alola form like that, however unlikely it may be. Rapidash was also really cool so I wouldn't mind seeing something like that if it gets one.

That aside, out of the Pokemon still in the running for Alola forms, there aren't really that many I want (apart from the afore mentioned Jynx and Rapidash). The Ekans/Oddish line are really the only ones I want now. But in saying that, I don't really have all that of a creative stride to me, and I just can't see any of them getting different forms and changing types, so if I were to see some more Pokemon get Alola forms, I would probably like them seeing their designs. I just wish the list wasn't so condensed, some of the crossed out Pokemon I think could have really cool designs - such as Omanyte, Kabuto, Lapras, Dragonite, Drowzee, and Tauros.

Years
  • Technically, any given Pokemon could be in the game in both forms. It's still a possibility. For example, it may be possible to have both a Meowth and an Alolan Meowth in this game. Maybe.

Well, it has been confirmed that a non-Alolan Form can be transferred to Sun & Moon and stay as it is. But the thing to know is, if a Pokemon has appeared in Sun & Moon trailers, promotional material and footage in the normal form it's safe to assume that Pokemon won't get an Alolan Form.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well, we did have the overworld model for normal Meowth in one of the very first trailers which was a few weeks prior to the Alola form announcement. I suppose it's just as easy to obtain the normal form of the Pokemon as it is the alolan, that would explain why the protag's mother owns a normal Meowth.

Years
  • Well, we did have the overworld model for normal Meowth in one of the very first trailers which was a few weeks prior to the Alola form announcement. I suppose it's just as easy to obtain the normal form of the Pokemon as it is the alolan, that would explain why the protag's mother owns a normal Meowth.

The protagonist and his/her mother moved to Alola from Kanto, which is likely why the mother has a non-Alolan Meowth.

Years

What the leaks have crossed out shouldn't have any bearing on that video as it is just titled "10 wanted Alola forms"
    Nothing in the title has anything to suggest they would be likely or are still possibilities.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Well, it has been confirmed that a non-Alolan Form can be transferred to Sun & Moon and stay as it is. But the thing to know is, if a Pokemon has appeared in Sun & Moon trailers, promotional material and footage in the normal form it's safe to assume that Pokemon won't get an Alolan Form.

Well, we did have the overworld model for normal Meowth in one of the very first trailers which was a few weeks prior to the Alola form announcement. I suppose it's just as easy to obtain the normal form of the Pokemon as it is the alolan, that would explain why the protag's mother owns a normal Meowth.

The protagonist and his/her mother moved to Alola from Kanto, which is likely why the mother has a non-Alolan Meowth.

Yeah, exactly. So exceptions like that do exist. The same sort of situation could be in place for say, that Pichu, or any given gen-1 Pokemon in Sun/Moon revealed material.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I really, really, really, REALLY love Alola!Vulpix! I want one of my own. Hopefully it's not a Sun Exclusive because I'm getting Moon. I like Alola!Meowth, too. The only one that I don't like is Alola!Raichu. I guess I just don't think Raichu needed an Alola form. I mean, mice don't really have a lot of variety in terms of region. Foxes and cats do, so it makes sense for them to have a regional form. I don't know. Alola!Raichu just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Years
  • I really, really, really, REALLY love Alola!Vulpix! I want one of my own. Hopefully it's not a Sun Exclusive because I'm getting Moon. I like Alola!Meowth, too. The only one that I don't like is Alola!Raichu. I guess I just don't think Raichu needed an Alola form. I mean, mice don't really have a lot of variety in terms of region. Foxes and cats do, so it makes sense for them to have a regional form. I don't know. Alola!Raichu just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Well, trading and the GTS is a thing. Besides, they weren't even mentioned as version exclusives in their reveal trailer.

idk, I don't think Vulpix would be Sun exclusive, or else it would've been mentioned as such in the previous Version Exclusive trailer, wouldn't it?

That being said though, it is worth wondering whether or not there are going to be version-exclusive Alola forms.

That is making me interested as well, if some Alola Forms will be version-exclusive. Ninetales and Sandslash could be potential counterparts, but they weren't revealed as version-exclusive so I might end up ruling that out.

Years
  • I personally think Version-exclusive Alola forms would probably be likely, depending on how many Game Freak decides to introduce into the games. If we have a sizeable amount, then it wouldn't be too far out of left field to make some Sun-exclusive and others as Moon-exclusive.

That makes me think, is there any Alola Forms you want to see revealed in next Tuesday's trailer?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think Alolan Vulpix/Ninetails will be version exclusive, although it is possible. As I believe it was a version exclusive with Arcanine. Pretty early on, it is fairly easy to get fair trades on the GTS. I know with XY, I did a lot of trading for version exclusives. And if you use this site, you can definitely get the trades you need.

I still say we will have at least 10 more. Having 20 on the 20th Ann Game, I think is a nice little thing to do. I still really don't want to count any out, but if we were to get 10 more, I think these would be good. (Note this is taking into account most of everything we have seen with normal forms in case they are confirmed not to have one)

I am also going to go up to 15 more, as I can't choose and some lines may not be completely included similar to Marowak and Execcutor.

Spoiler:

I would love for Manky and Primeape to get some love. They are a line that I think is sometimes forgotten and the only reason I usually remember it is because Ash had a Primeape. And even then, I forget he caught one sometimes. So I would really really love to see them get a Alolan.

Last edited:
    Back