• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Alpha] (MEH) Map Editor of Happiness

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
  • Not sure if this was answered, but how would one change the ini to properly support more Pokémon than just the initial 440 slots? I've tried making it contain 489 Pokémon to support my upcoming Fire Red hack, but the names past BAD EGG have spaces in between Unown letters. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Not sure if this was answered, but how would one change the ini to properly support more Pokémon than just the initial 440 slots? I've tried making it contain 489 Pokémon to support my upcoming Fire Red hack, but the names past BAD EGG have spaces in between Unown letters. Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you.

Well if you have extended through g3hs, table offsets are in your rom id's section Of the ini (rom id is found in 0xFFFFFE)
    Copy offsets accrodingly to your MEH Ini.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • so.. I try opening ANY rom, but the software acts as if nothing happened!
    WAT.

I'm using win 8.1

EDIT: sorry I fixed it myself. I was using the Mr.DS's hacked one, I just opened the .ini and searched for BPRE and replaced that with MrDS.. works now! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Shiny Quagsire, I was wondering if you were still alive? this was the best tool that I've seen in development, yet we haven't heard from you in months...

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • Shiny Quagsire, I was wondering if you were still alive? this was the best tool that I've seen in development, yet we haven't heard from you in months...

I'm certainly alive, just busy is all. I did manage to get a decent amount of work done on Wizard's configuration editor, the only downside is that apparently something broke it since the patcher is producing ROMs which like to crash for reasons beyond me...

Basically the state of MEH is kinda in limbo. School keeps me busy for the most part and it's difficult for me to get 'in the zone' with MEH's code (or get the motivation in the first place). When you're limited on time and have done a ton of boring busywork the last 5 hours, the last thing you want to do is fix bugs which could take hours on end to do.

And to make matters worse, ninjhax came out and I got enveloped into working on 3DS homebrew, specifically porting gpsp to 3DS in my CitrAGB project. Although it's brought me back to working on ASM for Fire Red again so that's nice.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I'm certainly alive, just busy is all. I did manage to get a decent amount of work done on Wizard's configuration editor, the only downside is that apparently something broke it since the patcher is producing ROMs which like to crash for reasons beyond me...

Basically the state of MEH is kinda in limbo. School keeps me busy for the most part and it's difficult for me to get 'in the zone' with MEH's code (or get the motivation in the first place). When you're limited on time and have done a ton of boring busywork the last 5 hours, the last thing you want to do is fix bugs which could take hours on end to do.

And to make matters worse, ninjhax came out and I got enveloped into working on 3DS homebrew, specifically porting gpsp to 3DS in my CitrAGB project. Although it's brought me back to working on ASM for Fire Red again so that's nice.
    Love to see your posts, even when you have so little progress to report.

I'm glad that you got a little work done, but I hope that school is going well for you. I'd hate to think that some hobby like ROM Hacking caused your grades to drop.

Keep up the awesomeness! Here's to hoping you catch a break soon!

Years
  • Good work on the map editor, it's coming along very well. However, there seems to be a bug in the way the app reads the name table of Emerald-based ROMs (I'm not sure about other games) which can be seen in this pic:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, the MEH interpretation of the names is a few numbers off compared to the A-Map's interpretation (which is the right one). This happens whether I repoint the name table or not, even in vanilla Emerald. However, it worked before in an older version (I can't remember exactly when, roughly around the June release). Can you get this fixed?

Years
  • By the way, there is another bug whereby when MEH is used to edit a map, it tends to mess up the map's second tileset, thus corrupting the map. This might be why the ROMs you made crash.

AceRoku

Dev of Pokemon Flare
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2015
    Looks like I would be deleting A-Map once the stable version of this tool will come out.

I really love the map connections,it just have been made easier.

Godspeed!

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Looks like I would be deleting A-Map once the stable version of this tool will come out.

I really love the map connections,it just have been made easier.

Godspeed!

It works perfectly! I don't see whats wrong with it!

Did he make any other tools for mac, and is he making any for mac? And if so what is it, or what is it going to be?

Years
  • Looking good! I read the warnings and stuff, but I can't seem to get the download link to work. Can someone create a mirror or something?

Back