• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen am I the only one that finds it unfair we can't delete phone numbers?

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
  • I made it pretty far in the game being careful not to exchange phone numbers, but I must not have been paying attention cause I have an entry for Jose the bird keeper. I hate those annoying phone calls and unfortunately phone numbers can't be deleted. Does anyone else to find this unfair?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I find it extremely irritating, my sister added bunch of phone numbers after randomly battling trainers and I nearly threw my DS at her! I didn't want to have people ringing me ever two seconds like they do now! -.-

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
  • I find it irritating, especially since I went and added EVERY possible phone number thinking they were all going to rematch or give items. Wrong, now I have Irwin always stalking me and Huey raving about his Poliwrath every 5 minutes.

When I do my second playthrough, I will definitely make a note of which trainers to add, if any.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't mind the fact that I can't delete my phone numbers. Free rematches and items are always welcome, even though some of the calls are a bit annoying.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • TBH I don't really find it annoying - only if say there's been a particular run of calls from the same person but that doesn't happen often for me. (The only exception is calls from the in-game Mum because fsfngfngnsjfkjdsn I do not want your berries I can't even send over to 5th gen seriously what). But even Joey doesn't really annoy me - he doesn't call me that often about his top percentage rattata and I find it more amusing than annoying.

I do agree that the ability to delete numbers would have been nice all the same...oh well? You can always ignore the call I guess.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I do kind of find it quite annoying too, but I never pick them up anyway.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I hate adding them. My first playthrough I added all of them, but in my second, third, fourth, and later playthroughs I made sure not to add anyone, and when I did if they call I just wouldnt touch the PokeGear.

Years
  • I agree that we should be able to delete numbers. Having someone call every two seconds to talk about something pointless is annoying. I'd keep the gym leader #'s, Elm's and Mothers numbers only if I could xD

Years
  • I think they just don't want us deleting key numbers... Like Oak's. OAK DOESN'T DO ANYTHING WHEN YOU CALL HIM, REALLY. YOU CAN ALWAYS CHECK HOW MANY POKEMON ARE IN YOUR DEX IF YOU JUST WASTE YOUR TIME OPENING IT INSTEAD OF WASTING YOUR TIME CALLING THE GUY WHO TELLS YOU WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW.

But they could always block deleting certain numbers... Put a block on Mom's Elm's, Oak's, and some others, let you add and delete the others as you wish.

Nintendo has no creativity XD

Lifes-A-Beach

Skilled Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Some of them do let you rematch... I added all numbers possible in the game. I don't find it that annoying because I never pick up the phone anyway :P

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • I HATE it!!!!!!!
    In my old HG game that I pre ordered a year ago (it got stolen) I gave everyone my nhumber anjd hated how much they called me :(

Even my "mother" calls me a lot buying me stupid berries that I hardly ever use.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Uck, I just hate the random people all "HAY U, I FINDE GEODUUUUUUUDDESSSSS" and others. I think you also can't delete because of importent NPCs like your mom, Professer Elm, ect.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I don't mind. My family runs a successful business so we get tons of calls each day.
    Therefore, in game calls don't bother me at all.

I find people who think that in game calls are annoying immature.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • It is annoying, those stupid trainers that keep calling me. I just walk in a building and walk back out to avoid that annoying beep. But I got used to it eventually.

Back