• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I too old for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Everyone has pretty much said what I've wanted to say in regards to age having no bearing to enjoyment, so I'll take this in a bit of a different direction.

The Pokemon Company ITSELF is starting to acknowledge us older fans. What with extensive references to Gen I in X/Y, focusing more on game balance for competitive players, creating Pokken Tournament and Super Bowl commercials... marketing has changed significantly from when it was first released in the 90's, which is what most people are stuck on if they even have this belief. Clearly, the game makers don't think we're too old for the series. Especially in the case of those commercials, since adults of all kinds watch the Super Bowl. We're a large enough demographic to be catered to. Nowadays, Pokemon's demographic isn't just about the kids. I think it's just starting to be considered an all ages type game anyway. This forum alone is grounds for that as well, as it is mostly an older crowd of teenagers and young adults who like to have these sorts of discussions in the first place.

Years
  • Arylett has said some wise words here, Pokemon's demographic seems to be not just kids these days, but more like any age. Even our forum community is mainly teens and adults, so you can see that not everyone can grow out of Pokemon and still remain a dedicated fan for a long time.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
  • Hey you are never too old for Pokemon. I am turning on June 1 and I love Pokemon. My friend Matthew told me a huge part of the Pokemon fandom are adults.
    One does not simply get too old for Pokemon

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I never got into the cards but I was probably viewed as 'Too old' when R/B/Y were out and I played the hell out of those. Me and another guy at work got the mickey seriously taken out of us but meh who cares, we even went to see the first pokemon movie in the cinema surrounded by kids!

Now 34 Married with a Kid and still playing and loving Pokemon, Yellow VC replay and OR.

Years
  • Thanks guys. It hasn't stopped me from playing Pokemon!

I've been collecting a lot of cards and just recently, well last week, I pulled a M-Charizard EX from Generations Booster Pack!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back