• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

among ALL the games. your favorite rival?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I would probably pick Silver as my favourite...he seemed the most like a rival and not just "oh hai buddy lez battle! :D"

I'd rank them:

1. Silver
    2. Wally
    3. Gary
    4. Cheren
    5. Bianca
    6. Barry (I think...I named him something different)
    7. Brendan/May (Probably the most laid back and pointless "rival" ever.....Wally is definitely the better rival)

Years
  • Silver for sure. I was amazed at the fact that he breaks into the lab. I also love the way he changes over the course of the game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I'd go with Silver, then Green (or whatever you called him). the others don't really count as rivals for me as silver and green were the only one's with much story.

Years
  • Barry - his ambition and emotion to battle Lucas or Dawn was kinda hilarious, especially when he would bump into you with a large "THUD!"

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    N, Silver, GreenBlueGary, Wally, and Barry, in that order. N as a character is my favorite, but Silver was more of a rival. If Silver's chaotic evil, Gary's annoying neutral, and I mean that in the best way possible. Wally's likable in a "look how strong you let me be!" way, and Barry's hyperactive and competitive.

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Gary and Silver, since they're actual rivals and not your friends. I suppose N falls into that category as well, but I was too annoyed by his hypocrisy to care ("Pokemon should be treated as equals, but I'm going to use Pokemon as battling tools to battle you and I'll always have a different team because I liberated the team before instead of caring for them as friends like I could be doing!").

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Gary, Silver, and Cheren. Since they are actual rivals throughout the game. Gary and Silver weren't pushovers or a competitive friend. Cheren went on and on about being the strongest trainer, which was a bit too much for my liking.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    It's close between Gary and Silver, mostly because Gary is Gary, but I'll go for Silver. Apart from the obvious things like he's an actual challenge to fight, and he's an actual rival, I like him because he actually progressed as a character, and changed, noticeably, through the course of the game, eventually coming to like his Pokémon, and not just see them as "tools".

Kubone

~ ku ku ku boneeee *
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Gary! From PKMN yellow, he was badass.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Wally....just so you know, he's your true rival in R/S/E not Brendan/May :3
    Yeah, but I consider Brendan/May a rival too.
    That's why I answer Brendan. :3
    Lol, I'm stuck with the third generation. I liked (and still like) everything about it. °_°

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Blue, because he's really the only rival that's always a step ahead of me in terms of level. He's also the only one to become champion to this point in the series and of course he has the most epic encounter and battle theme.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • Blue is just an overall classic. Although Cheren (if you can call him that) has really grown on me, Blue is one of the rivals I actually feel a bit bitter towards. Silver was another case, and his character development was fun to watch, but he was never as rude as Blue was, and took the time to change his attitude like most of the other rivals.

Back