• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An attemt at a tileset

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well my friend showed me how to do this then i tried making my own and well rate it please

An attemt at a tileset

if you want it you have to gave something in return

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Its not bad I like it actually. Its a Fr/LG style house tileset with various roof colors not to shabby. and the house colors look good too. I may be mistaken on what gen style the house is but it resembles FR/LG style IMO. Shading is fairly nice too. Im eager to see some more.

I give it an 8/10

8 because its good but not a 10 because I think you could improve slightly. Maybe edit the color shading slightly and make the door on the house smaller.

=]

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    hey i know a guy who could teach you but its his style and i dont think he will the first one was his style he tought and the second is my own custom style though he has a new style now so i dont think he will teach me that but i know alot now and have my own style at this anyways updates coming very soon and some public tiles too

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    well i had another go and well this is it

An attemt at a tileset

I'm fairly new at this to but... I think you should shade down a little farther under the hang out window. I'd say make the shadow about 1/3 the height of the roof on the hang out window. Just what I think though...like i said im new at this too.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    thanks lord of the reck that is nice advice
    and this is something i made a long time ago when i really stunk at this and used to copy kyledove's work

An attemt at a tileset

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    i like them alot but i never figured out how to edit tilesets, the pallete screws up the colors and i get confused

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well its very simple actually most people see shades i see many color rectangles anyway i just wanted to say that after my game is complete these tiles will become public

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I don't know, these tiles look quite fuzzy when you look at it. The colours seems to be too bright, for example the brown house. The body of the house looks too bright.

Hmm, to take a closer look, did you save in jpg? Some parts are distorted...

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    ok i saw these in an episode of pokemon crnicles so i drew them out

An attemt at a tileset

and well no i saved in PNG and which brown house are you talking about the parts usually get desorted when resize them since i make them very small then resize

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well my first pokeball image

An attemt at a tileset

and a version of both the houses combined

An attemt at a tileset

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • You shouldn't have resized them then! The pictures look very fuzzy/blurry.

An attemt at a tileset

The door is incomplete.
    The outlines of the window at the toppest part of the house - strange. I suggest not using yellow?
    I tried taking away the yellow pixels. It's better with a darker outline.

You're quite good at tiles! I myself can't do something like that. Keep up the work~!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    They have good form, but the colors are, in my opinion, hideous. They are too bright and too paint original. They all look like basic paint colors :/

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    and i make them blurry so there would be no theft i have the original UN blurry ones too

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    A better way to prevent theft would be to watermark them, thus the quality doesn't deteriorate and they can rate them easier.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    A better way to prevent theft would be to watermark them, thus the quality doesn't deteriorate and they can rate them easier.
    nice advice i will use it and for the link you gave me i need those colours but how do i copy them

Back