• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anbody know of good acne treatment products???

enyce

banned
Years
  • Yeah I have been going overboard on sugar products latley. Im starting to breakout like crazy. I currently use clearisil. It works if you tone down your sugar intake.

But I was wondering if you knew of any...Becuase Clearisil is kind of slow.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Why would it need to be locked?

Lol, Proactiv ftw, it's what the famous people are using :P

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Seriously, why would this have any reason to be locked?

I use Clearsil foaming cleanser with a little touch of the spot-on treatment by the same company. It's easier than using Proactive, which is what my brother used for years, and it didn't work.

But yes, make sure that the sugar intake is lessened, and don't touch your face with dirty sweaty hands. That also helps...

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • You could start by lowering the sugar intake, and trying sunflower seeds, they're addictive. XD

I use Clearisil, although slow, works pretty good.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • I take pills, given to me by the Doctor. I also use Oxy pads. My spots are going. People that have seen a picture of me, I may looks spotty, nothing to what I used to. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I'm just like you.

I had to get ProActive, and it works great.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Any time I break out, I whip out the Oxy pads. It's like the uber-acne-meds for break-outs that aren't in need of medical attention, (ie, your sweets break-out)

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    sdp said:
    There should be a rule about mini-modding...

I thought there already was.

I use a bunch of different acne treatment things, and wash my face with a different one at different times in the day. I used to do it once a day, but recently started three times a day. It's been getting better, but hasn't disappeared yet.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • quit it you guys, hes asking a question, and hes perfectly fine with asking it...This dosnt need to be closed

yep, stop eating sugary stuff, then start washing your face more, and then you should be fine! I use Neutrgena stuff, so you should try that out

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer twice a day, and I wash my face when I shower. That seems to help. I also put on oil-free foundation to help hide my acne, but I'm not sure if guys wear foundation or not (do they?), so...

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Does sugaery sweet tasting food really promote acne? If it does, then Naminé should avoid it like plague and keep her complexion to the few rare dots on her face... She has never read anything about sugar being a stimulant for acne. Is that really true?

Somehow, the fear that a massive acne breakout in the close future always strikes fear to Naminé's trembling heart...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Sugar adds to the problem, but it's not the biggest cause of it. Often it's just people not washing their face right and by the time they want to fix it, they need acne treatments. You do need to watch what you eat though, a little bit of sugary food won't hurt, but if it's added with oily foods, foods with dead fats and other things, it all adds up to the problem. Myself, I never used any special soaps or treatments since I'm allergic to the key ingredient in 99% of what's out there. All I could do was steam the pours open and just wash well every day, which seemed to work well enough for me.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I'm not sure if this works.. but I heard that putting toothpaste on certain pimples would help.. XD

But really if Clearisil isn't working as well, the only thing that would effective help, is to just wash your face more often if it's getting too oily and to use a really clean towel to dry your face.

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Kyosuke said:
    I'm not sure if this works.. but I heard that putting toothpaste on certain pimples would help.. XD

But really if Clearisil isn't working as well, the only thing that would effective help, is to just wash your face more often and use clean towels to dry.

Lol. Toothpaste on pimples? Does that really work? I never heard of that method.

Back