• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: And Ceiling Cat Said: "Let there be Starter Cat!" [DP]

Years
  • Since this hasn't gotten submitted to the toolbox for some reason the other two times I've had people post it, or posted it on friends' accounts... Here we go.

And Ceiling Cat Said: "Let there be Starter Cat!" [DP]

We're still not quite sure how to change the sprites in the briefcase when you first select your starter. It's also impossible to program it so you can choose the rival and assistant's starter Pokémon, because more than just the starter in your opponent's team is dependent on your starter Pokémon. It's just a lot more streamlined for you to edit the opponent/assistant's Pokémon with a separate program.

Enjoy, and if you could report any bugs, I'd be really grateful.

By the way, this is made by PokeSpam Industries (in other words, I programmed most of it, using Darcy's engine and Gabe's research) so if the link on this topic dies, there's a mirror there. I made this alternate starter editor for the people out there who prefer aesthetically pleasing and convenient software as opposed to minimalistic hackers.

Due to it's coding, Starter Cat requires Windows XP Service Pack 2 or it's equivalent.

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • umm

what game is this for FR/LG, R/S or by the sounds of it D/P

(woo! first post)

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Now its a D/P starter editor, and by the looks of it, it's programmed using C#.

Nice one, it's always good to see new programmers on the scene!

Years
  • Calling Visual Basic BASIC and C# C is like comparing D/P's 3D engine to Crysis's

Not really. Visual C# and Visual Basic are both organized the same way by Microsoft, and BASIC and C aren't all that different... I mean, they're written differently, but they're high level programming languages; fundamentally, every programming language has the same capability, since you can default to binary... :P Didn't we do this in GU like, two days ago?

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying. Visual C# and Visual Basic's differences stem from their core difference; one's based on BASIC, the other C. I didn't call them that, I simply said that I like the way you script in BASIC as opposed to C... Silly Gabe. *throws a Mudkip at you*

On a tangent, fun fact, Gabe: Visual Basic can call Visual C# functions by importing Microsoft and then typing Microsoft.VisualCSharp or something like that... Noticed that earlier when I was working on my super secret project.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Say what? I never said you didn't. It's release by PokeSpam, remember? We're a team :).

Fatty, I'd really love to talk to you, but you're never on. We have a lot of things to discuss.

By the way, the beta of my new program might be out later today, if I get as much work in as I thought I would.

Years
  • Say what? I never said you didn't. It's release by PokeSpam, remember? We're a team :).

Fatty, I'd really love to talk to you, but you're never on. We have a lot of things to discuss.

By the way, the beta of my new program might be out later today, if I get as much work in as I thought I would.

And it'll be super special awesome if I'm not mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Gabe, stop being rude. You don't need to act like a jerk, do you? JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A GOOD HACKER, YOU DON'T NEED TO CONSIDER OTHERS BEING SOMETHING LESS THAN YOU.

*snap* Calm down.

Okay, the tool you have here is nice and simple. When people roll on hacking of DP in a more serious way, your tool will be a big help ;)

Cheers!

Back