• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Android!

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    I own two android devices:
    Sony Xperia S - My first smartphone, I got it in 2012 and I still really like it. The device is rooted and I tried several custom ROMs. At the moment I use an enhanced stock rom which has a few tweaks the normal one does not have and also has none of these rubbish apps which are not deletable.

BigBen Gametab One - A 7" tablet with a detachable controller which makes it a handheld. Like many budget tablets, Android sticks... the Gametab One has a RK3188 (Quad Core) chip. The screen only is TFT and has a resolution of 1024*600 which makes is not that good for long time reading. I mainly use it as a gaming machine. It emulates everything usual up to the Dreamcast. I really like it for playing Pokémon hacks and I hope that the RPG Maker based Pokémon games will be playable on Android in the future. The device is also rooted so that I can use some apps which demand a root rights.

I really like Android. My girlfriend has a Macbook und an Iphone and I can see the nice advantages these devices have in terms of syncing etc. There is really much comfort which you cannot achieve with the Combo Win 7 + Android. But Android on the other hand is much more open and that's what I like.

One of my favorite apps has to be BeyondPod. BeyondPod is a Podcast managing app. Before I had a smartphone I managed my podcasts in Itunes and therefore I had to put them manually on my mp3 player. Now with BeyondPod all the managing can be done with the app. The App has many Podcast highlighted from which you can choose on. You can search for podcasts and until now every Podcast I searched was found no matter how unknown the podcast was. If a Podcast should not be detected you can simply type the .xml url yourself. Additionaly you can add sound und videofiles yourself.
    You can play the podcasts in different speeds, sync automatically, run the podcasts in different speeds and play videos in audio mode so that you can run it in the background while doing other things with your/phone tablet. Every function I wish for in such an app is there und they god a forum where you can suggest net features for their updates of the app. A demo version is free, the full version costs 3€, but it is definitely worth it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Well 5.0/L/Lollipop is rolling out more and more. Anyone have it yet?

I have it on my Nexus 10 but I haven't downloaded and installed it yet, I just put them on 4.4.4 (Laziness really). and 5.0 is a big change. I might do it once it reaches my Nexus 7, or keep those of 4.4.4 for a while and do Lollipop on my Moto X. Weirdo..

Years
  • I still need to flash the final 5.0 ROM onto my Nexus 7. I have the beta ROM from Google on it, which was from about two months ago.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I currently have both iPhone and Android, but even though former's older (some of its hardware don't function any longer, such as microphone, which makes it hard for others to listen what I'm trying to say during calls; it's sort of annoying), I'm a lot more fond and used to latter. Currently, I have Droid Razr, which I've bought almost three years ago back in 2011, and it still works like new, thankfully.

Planning to buy a new phone for myself at some point in future (and will be giving either of my current ones out to my sister; preferably latter, as it functions better), but am jumping back and forth between choices of Windows and Android. Although former would give me some form of a more refreshing experience and whatnot, I'm not precisely sure if I'll actually be enjoying it, and that's why, I'm currently leaning more towards latter. I've tried a Windows phone before, and although it seemed to have been pretty great, especially interface-wise, I'm not too confident on if it's something I'd like to use in long-run.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I love Android 5.0 on my Nexus 5. It's a massive improvement. I do miss lockscreen widgets, however.
    Woot for the built-in flashlight!

Battery life is improved, but not by much.
    Everything is pretty smooth and stable. I noticed the flashlight / camera bug, which is a problem. I have an unknown sender SMS bug, but it doesn't effect anything except for displaying a false positive.

I was considering the OnePlusOne CM phone.
    I wish CM would release a stable version more quickly ;-;
    Android 5.0 is gonna get there in like a year
    I guess supporting that many devices is that tedious

Years
  • I miss locks screen widgets myself; I had a weather widget on my lock screen when I was still on KitKat.

Overall, I do like Android 5.0 myself, although I do have a bucket list of features that I wish did return :P

By the way, has anyone else discovered the easter egg in Lollipop yet when you go to the "About" section under settings and click on the Android version? I thought it was pretty genius of Google haha

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I dislike Android as an OS. Apps being based on Java was a horrible decision on Google's part. The Play Store is terrible - the search barely works, ironic for Google. It's also at least as "locked-down" as iOS, people's usual complaint about iOS. That said, I'm no iOS fangirl. I'd like to try Jolla some time.

Each to their own.

Back