• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angela's Evolution of Popcorn Tour....

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • Been a while since I posted.. Don't know why this time should matter now.. I mean the gallery is doing so much better on other forums.. Pretty much dead on here...

And it's not like I'm gonna be winning a emblem...

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Thank you.. :D

I like the second one better as well.. The reason for it's size is because it's a header for a forum.. Aka PokemoMysidia... :)

Bay

Years
  • I have to say, you're really improving. :) You're starting to get better at the effects and making the renders more stand out. I love the latest one you did. :3

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Newest banner.... :D

Comments are not needed.. But go ahead if you want to... :D

Years
  • Here's a fact: GIMP = PS
    I like how you blamed your improvement on Photoshop.
    Photoshop has hardly any extra features than GIMP that are going to help you make tags better, it's pure logic.
    Don't bother arguing, I have used both programs and I prefer GIMP, all the tags in my latest showcase were made on GIMP. Hope I don't sound harsh on this but it really does annoy me when people do that, GIMP is one of the best freeware you an download on the internet.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Here's a fact: GIMP = PS
    I like how you blamed your improvement on Photoshop.
    Photoshop has hardly any extra features than GIMP that are going to help you make tags better, it's pure logic.
    Don't bother arguing, I have used both programs and I prefer GIMP, all the tags in my latest showcase were made on GIMP. Hope I don't sound harsh on this but it really does annoy me when people do that, GIMP is one of the best freeware you an download on the internet.

Even though I agree with you, responses like this belong in VM/PMs. Please refrain from posting in Angela's gallery unless directly addressing her graphics.

Here is a comment you might not take as good critisizim at first, but hopefully will make you improve later. Your tags are big. So big in fact you have ALLLLLLL the room you wan't to cram in whatever neato effects you want and still see the focal, and have "flow" (wtf why does everyone obsess over flow in this forum).

I think by forcing yourself to make a tag with much smaller proportions, you'll be teaching yourself how to make a aesthetically pleasing tag without cramming a load of neato cazito wowie kazamo effects into it. You'll quickly find that the way you've been making tags is a way that you haven't had to worry about effect placement. This is because you have all the room you need in something like a 500x240 banner.

So yea here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

Un-needed or misplaced effects on either side of the tag. The biggest example is the clipping mask on the splatter on the right hand side of the tag. I hope you notice that it is out of place. Kinda just floating around out there, hanging out. But the point is I'm sure you made the clipping mask because as a effect by itself you think it's pretty cool, but you have to remember to look at it in conjunction with the whole tag. You'll quickly find that it is out of place, or not needed at all!

So thats it.
    1. Think about effect placement
    2. Try making a tag with smaller boundries
    3. Have fun

P.S. Why do you like making clipping masks of the focal then dragging it to the far off boundaries of the image?

I'm sure most people will agree with me when I say that effect looks weird just fyi.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Here is a comment you might not take as good critisizim at first, but hopefully will make you improve later. Your tags are big. So big in fact you have ALLLLLLL the room you wan't to cram in whatever neato effects you want and still see the focal, and have "flow" (wtf why does everyone obsess over flow in this forum).

I think by forcing yourself to make a tag with much smaller proportions, you'll be teaching yourself how to make a aesthetically pleasing tag without cramming a load of neato cazito wowie kazamo effects into it. You'll quickly find that the way you've been making tags is a way that you haven't had to worry about effect placement. This is because you have all the room you need in something like a 500x240 banner.

So yea here are a few examples of what I'm talking about:

Un-needed or misplaced effects on either side of the tag. The biggest example is the clipping mask on the splatter on the right hand side of the tag. I hope you notice that it is out of place. Kinda just floating around out there, hanging out. But the point is I'm sure you made the clipping mask because as a effect by itself you think it's pretty cool, but you have to remember to look at it in conjunction with the whole tag. You'll quickly find that it is out of place, or not needed at all!

So thats it.
    1. Think about effect placement
    2. Try making a tag with smaller boundries
    3. Have fun

P.S. Why do you like making clipping masks of the focal then dragging it to the far off boundaries of the image?

I'm sure most people will agree with me when I say that effect looks weird just fyi.

Thank you for the CC... :D

Also to answer your question.. I was following a tut and it was done like that in the tut... :)

But the banner showed in the tut was much smaller and better .looking then that one... :)

Anyway here are 3 new banners.. :)

Bay

Years
  • The first banner I like it because it's so colorful. :3 However, it's just me, but I don't like the placement of that lightning. Second banner one thing I didn't like is the left side is too dark. Perhaps make it lighter? Third banner I like the effects and what you did with the font. :)

The first banner I love the quality of the render. The backgrounds you did the effects well, but it looks very blurred. The second one though I think you could have done better with the render, mostly make it look less stretchy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    You should quit the borders and text for now.
    For lighting effects don't use lens flares, but soft brushing or lighting effects>omni.

Back