• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that should be represented as pokemon

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
Years
  • Stantler is quite obviously a reindeer.

As for Shaymin, I agree that is a hedgehog and I temporarily forgot about it there but I also disagree and say it's a shrub of some sorts and it has no spike related attacks AND it's sky form looks nothing like a hedgehog. Hedgehogs that I've seen don't suddenly sprout wings. Though hedgehogs I've seen don't actually do much due the handicap of being run over.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Some other ideaas:
    a gargoyle rock/ground
    a griffin flying/normal
    cerberus dark/fire (maybe houndoom evo) tri attack could be his main attack
    a gorilla fighting (primeape evo)
    An angel light-->new type

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Ohh, I really like Zurich's idea for a Cerberus-ish Houndoom evolution, with three heads and everything |D; That would be so amazingly awesome I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Other then that.. I can't think of much, sadly. Like others have mentioned, a hummingbird-ish Pokemon would be alright, if it was designed right. And maybe have an evolution for it? Like, with the first stage as just flying, and the second could have grass added in. That'd be pretty sweet :>

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
  • Ohh, I really like Zurich's idea for a Cerberus-ish Houndoom evolution, with three heads and everything |D; That would be so amazingly awesome I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Other then that.. I can't think of much, sadly. Like others have mentioned, a hummingbird-ish Pokemon would be alright, if it was designed right. And maybe have an evolution for it? Like, with the first stage as just flying, and the second could have grass added in. That'd be pretty sweet :>

Yes! a cerberus would be awesome! And the grass-hummingbird would be great, I've made my design for it actually, it evolves twice. (I gave the hummingbird pine-tree wings!)

ThunderThylacine

Finally! All 493 Pokemon!
    Years
  • I definately agree that there should be a dolphin Pokemon, and more extinct animals! Dinosaurs are great, but how about a sabre-toothed cat?
    I'd love to see some big cat Pokemon, like lions, jaguars and tigers. Imagine a gorgeous little tiger cub Pokemon (normal type) that could evolve into either an orange tiger (fire type) or a white tiger (ice type). Sounds pretty cool to me.
    And apart from Kangaskhan, I can't think of any other marsupial Pokemon. A thylacine would be just awesome, or a big red kangaroo that would definately be fighting type!

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
  • Isn't Gorebyss a dolphin? And Entei, Growlithe, Raikou, and Arcanine may be the lions/tigers/jaguars/sabertooth cats of the Pokemon world. Also, Kangaskhan needs a pre-evolution, or a conspiracy will endure through generations: Kangaskhan's baby who was born at the exact same time as it is still an itsy bitsy baby who can't even take care of itself, while its offspring is a parent since birth! Also, the pre-evolution would have to be multi-gendered and have a male evolution (jackalope, perhaps?)

Last edited:

No78

Part Time Trainer
    Years
  • I always wondered what Gorebyss was based on, I guess it could be one of those pink dolphins, forgot what they're called...

Also Lanturn is quite dolphin-y.

Anyway yeah I dunno if it's been said before 'cause there's like 5 pages and I haven't read them but I think a toucan would make a good Pokemon, perhaps a Chatot evolution.

I would also love a Pokemon based on the 'Bird of Paradise' flower, I have already created a Pokemon like it myself :P

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Neither Lanturn nor Gorebyss are dolphins.

Gorebyss is a deepsea pokemon, dolphins can't live in deep sea because they're mammals and therefore breathe air. Lanturn is the same, more or less, and you can also tell by the tails. Dolphins/Porpoises' tails swim up and down rather than left and right.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I want Pokemon to be based on these:
    Unicorn (not a ledgendary Pokemon)
    Ferret
    Jackal
    Hedgehog
    Rabbit (forget Buneary)
    Mole
    Eagle
    Kangaroo
    Racoon
    Axolotl
    Kiwi Bird
    That Set thingie from Ancient Egypt
    Otter
    Dolphin
    Tiger
    Meerkat
    Armadillo
    Weasel

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, since I stumbled upon this thread thanks to a certain sweetie's help. XD I might aswell give out my fanmade Pokémon ideas ideas. XD

I would like to see the following:

Dolphin
    Hamster
    Goat
    Cheetah
    Panda
    Koala
    Leopard

We need moar of:

Duck (season)
    Rabbit (season) </unintentional Loony Toon's reference>
    Moose