• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Ash/Dento ship is here..I saw some subtitle moments..

Spoiler:

Ask for Negaishipping, well

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If Ash and Iris's genders were swapped, this would be the creepiest ship I've ever supported >__<'

I know, I thought the "date" thing too XD But you also missed something that was a mixture of Shippy to the max mixed with Creepy to the max.

Spoiler:

It's soo cute... yet so creepy o_0' But it's cute and shippy, until you realize it's been made obvious that Iris is sort of stalking Ash...

But, me being me, who cares. Anything goes in the world of Shipping. Iris just became about 150% cooler and sexier anyways.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    First learn what half the terms mean before criticizing <__<

Anti aliasing? Okay, from what I know it's used to decrease distortion in signals, which is known as aliasing. This is done by removing the components that have a higher frequency. (I won't get into the mathematical aspects of it.)

Can we go back to shipping and not what she said last night?... well, actually, that's sorta related >__>

Fine.
    Spoiler:

Jorah said:
    This is especially patronising as it's coming from someone who only recently learnt the difference between JPEGs and PNGs...and only because I told him *snorts*

No because how JPEGs are favored due their compression rates, unlike PNGs which take loads of memory and takes ages to upload them. Besides, why would I want to zoom in on a picture that I can already see? (SJ logic)

Yes. But I was hoping to use it in the way against you, rather than the random "she"

Well you failed miserably.

Pearlshipper4Life said:
    Ash/Dento ship is here..I saw some subtitle moments..

CALLING IT!! If no N then Dento!

Spoiler:

AdvancedK47 said:
    If Ash and Iris's genders were swapped, this would be the creepiest ship I've ever supported >__<'

Why would you even support that?

But, me being me, who cares. Anything goes in the world of Shipping. Iris just became about 150% cooler and sexier anyways.

To you. She's just another parallel to the series (stalker). Only exception is that she's developed this "thing" way way earlier than Misty at this stage.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    After reading a fanfic about Dento, Poddo and Kon, any scene with the 3 of them in (and Ash, I think) can not not be a shipping hint. I was scared about what was going to happen when the lights went off in the restaurant.

Unfortunately, I was too distracted with the 3 gym leaders in the restaurant to notice that that scene looked like a date with Ash and Iris :( That fanfic has destroyed my view of the three of them...:( I liked Iris's stalker face XD

No because how JPEGs are favored due their compression rates, unlike PNGs which take loads of memory and takes ages to upload them. Besides, why would I want to zoom in on a picture that I can already see? (SJ logic)

What? You don't even have to zoom in to notice the difference. Take a screenshot and save as JPEG, take another and save as PNG. Make sure you look at them at 100%, not zoomed out, and you can plainly see the difference. Actually, it depends on the amount of different colours in the picture as to how big PNGs are (I think that's it in really simple terms,anyway) which is why you'd be an idiot to save a photo in PNG, but not screenshots. But I suppose a screenshot with a desktop of a photo in is why it would be so large.

Why would you even support that?

You'd be surprised at the fandoms behind that sort of thing...I know there's a huge fandom behind the Haruhi series with the characters genders all swapped o_O

To you. She's just another parallel to the series (stalker). Only exception is that she's developed this "thing" way way earlier than Misty at this stage.

This ep made me decide Iris is above and beyond Misty. Misty was a generic tsundere character that you can see everywhere in anime. This stalkerish attitude with Iris is pretty amusing. I think this is...the first ship with Ash I actually like o.o

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Jorah said:
    After reading a fanfic about Dento, Poddo and Kon, any scene with the 3 of them in (and Ash, I think) can not not be a shipping hint. I was scared about what was going to happen when the lights went off in the restaurant.

Unfortunately, I was too distracted with the 3 gym leaders in the restaurant to notice that that scene looked like a date with Ash and Iris :( That fanfic has destroyed my view of the three of them...:( I liked Iris's stalker face XD

You're getting obsessed with this. And stalking, plus giving random flirty looks is not a date.

What? You don't even have to zoom in to notice the difference. Take a screenshot and save as JPEG, take another and save as PNG. Make sure you look at them at 100%, not zoomed out, and you can plainly see the difference. Actually, it depends on the amount of different colours in the picture as to how big PNGs are (I think that's it in really simple terms,anyway) which is why you'd be an idiot to save a photo in PNG, but not screenshots.

And you're an idiot for telling me I should have the "latest and greatest" in picture file types. They're both the same thing, yes JPEGs are pixelated, but it's all in the name of compressing the file size, making it easy to transfer and upload.

You'd be surprised at the fandoms behind that sort of thing...I know there's a huge fandom behind the Haruhi series with the characters genders all swapped o_O

I'm not talking about fandoms, I was asking him.

This ep made me decide Iris is above and beyond Misty. Misty was a generic tsundere character that you can see everywhere in anime. This stalkerish attitude with Iris is pretty amusing. I think this is...the first ship with Ash I actually like o.o

Sorry, what was generic with Misty again?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    o_o What, what? Any scene with them has to be a hint? raep tiemz? *hasn't watched the episode yet*

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • IT DOESN'T HELP WHEN DENTO IS VOICED BY MAMORU MIYANO.
    It really doesn't. ;n;

And by the way Jorah, I'm one of the Haruhi genderbend fandom people ; ) The genderbending is awesome.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Ahh, I know, I love his soft voice ~

Kyonko is very cute :3

You're getting obsessed with this. And stalking, plus giving random flirty looks is not a date.

With what? I didn't know what that fanfic was about until I read halfway through it, so I thought, may as well continue.

I don't know since the gym leaders distracted me >_<

And you're an idiot for telling me I should have the "latest and greatest" in picture file types. They're both the same thing, yes JPEGs are pixelated, but it's all in the name of compressing the file size, making it easy to transfer and upload.

And you're just an idiot. I wasn't saying *you're* an idiot in that other post, yet for no reason you're calling me an idiot now. Unless you're saying you've resaved a photo as PNG before...? LOL. PNG is hardly the latest...unless you're using IE6 or something. It only takes a while longer to send as PNG

Sorry, what was generic with Misty again?

Tsundere https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere TvTropes, prepare to lose about an hour+ of your life. Don't pronounce "dere" as "durr" in your head -_- You'll kill yourself when you get to the "deredere" part, otherwise. Deh-reh deh-reh (that's close enough)

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Ahh, I know, I love his soft voice ~

Tsundere https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere TvTropes, prepare to lose about an hour+ of your life. Don't pronounce "dere" as "durr" in your head -_- You'll kill yourself when you get to the "deredere" part, otherwise. Deh-reh deh-reh (that's close enough)

...and that he voices Light Yagami and Ling Yao.
    You probably know the former more. ;_; I got distracted about it... all the time.

Er, I like Yuuki. C:

TVTropes is pretty addicting (and mindfricking sometimes) - so yeah, proceed with caution. ouo

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Please refer to the first post of the thread >__>

o_o What, what? Any scene with them has to be a hint? raep tiemz? *hasn't watched the episode yet*

Yes

One of my favorite pairings was always Todd Snap and Articuno. Also my second fav is Tracey Sketchit and some long pants.

Umm... Alright ^__^

Ahh, I know, I love his soft voice ~

And you're just an idiot. I wasn't saying *you're* an idiot in that other post, yet for no reason you're calling me an idiot now. Unless you're saying you've resaved a photo as PNG before...? LOL. PNG is hardly the latest...unless you're using IE6 or something. It only takes a while longer to send as PNG

Bad Jorah. First post of thread. Now >__>

Real men already ventured into TV tropes and came out within 24 hours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    Better men resist going there at all.

So who wants to take wagers that older men are going to hit on Iris, or Iris making goo-goo eyes at someone older, as a throw-back to the Orange Islands? And how do you think you would take it?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • And you're just an idiot. I wasn't saying *you're* an idiot in that other post, yet for no reason you're calling me an idiot now. Unless you're saying you've resaved a photo as PNG before...? LOL. PNG is hardly the latest...unless you're using IE6 or something. It only takes a while longer to send as PNG

No, you are an idiot. A while longer =/= 5 minutes. It's longer than that.

I know what TVTropes enough to avoid it. So explain it in a sentence for me.

AdvancedK47 said:
    Please refer to the first post of the thread >__>

Am I actually trolling? Never felt that before…

*looks at Jorah* Yeah, see? That helps my point about not looking at TV tropes.

Frostik said:
    Better men resist going there at all

And another.

So who wants to take wagers that older men are going to hit on Iris, or Iris making goo-goo eyes at someone older, as a throw-back to the Orange Islands? And how do you think you would take it?

I honestly can't see that happening with Iris.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

Definitely no older men will like Iris. That thing happened in that "banned" beach episode to Misty, and the dialogue was edited in the dub anyway. Doubt they'll do that again.

No, you are an idiot. A while longer =/= 5 minutes. It's longer than that.

No, you are, for thinking anyone who disagrees with you is. 5 minutes to send a picture?? Seriously?? It does *not* take that long.

Am I actually trolling? Never felt that before…

He's saying stop calling people idiots randomly. That's trolling.

I know what TVTropes enough to avoid it. So explain it in a sentence for me.

*looks at Jorah* Yeah, see? That helps my point about not looking at TV tropes.

And another.

You have the Google bar there for a reason if you're too lazy to look at the link I provided. It really explains it better than anything else, though. It's too long for me to bother to explain. But anyway. Basically, they show their cold and/or aggressive side mostly, usually mood swingy, but have a warm or "lovey dovey" side. Misty had her agressive mood swings, made fun of Ash, angrily denyed anything whenever anyone asked about her and Ash (hey, there were at least one or two times, I'm sure). Stuff like Misty making up cold excuses for why she hung around with Ash ("to get her bike back"). But she'd get weirdly lovey dovey over water Pokemon (hahaha) or cutesy Pokemon, and of course shows that she actually does care about Ash, no matter how much she mocked him. Stuff like that. Jessie is a more extreme version of tsundere than Misty, and the dub makes her even more tsundere by giving her random insults to say about James and Meowth. Its not just mood swingy, people like Kagami from Lucky Star are tsundere, but I'm not going to bother explaining anything else than this. Tsundere is usually used for female characters. TV Tropes really has the best explaination here, since I hardly covered any of it.

...and that he voices Light Yagami and Ling Yao.
    You probably know the former more. ;_; I got distracted about it... all the time.

Hehe, I knew that. I haven't watched Death Note in ages though, so I wasn't reminded so much....I hope Dento gets a crazy laughing scene as a reference to that DN scene XD

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What's with this Death Note stuff. I've heard of it and know that it's about some random kid killing by swinging a magic pen over a magic drawing pad but what about the voices? >__>

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    i think Dent and his brothers are triplets, and I think this is the order:
    - Dent, he is the older ok?
    - Corn
    - Pod

Because of the puzzle of their gym, the first curtain is red, refering that Pod is the youngest, the middle one is blue and the last is green. Another thing i can see, if that theory is right, is that they have some similarities with Misty's sisters:
    -the boys attract a lot of girls, the same with they;
    - Pod remembers me of Lily, they're the youngest, they have almost the same hair color (pink is light red, seriously), and the most boyish of the trio;
    - Corn remembers Violet, blue hair, the middle brother/sister, they seems to be the most meddlesome of the trio;
    - and finally Dent and Daisy (Double D!), green eyes, the oldest, and the leader of the trio, even though Daisy is absent-minded and Dent smart, they complement each other!
    - they always make a show;
    - the only thing missing is a little brother who is teased by them, but i think they would never do that.

They make a perfect couple ^^ (Pod/Lily, Corn/Violet and Dent/Daisy)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    i think Dent and his brothers are triplets, and I think this is the order:
    - Dent, he is the older ok?
    - Corn
    - Pod

Because of the puzzle of their gym, the first curtain is red, refering that Pod is the youngest, the middle one is blue and the last is green. Another thing i can see, if that theory is right, is that they have some similarities with Misty's sisters:
    -the boys attract a lot of girls, the same with they;
    - Pod remembers me of Lily, they're the youngest, they have almost the same hair color (pink is light red, seriously), and the most boyish of the trio;
    - Corn remembers Violet, blue hair, the middle brother/sister, they seems to be the most meddlesome of the trio;
    - and finally Dent and Daisy (Double D!), green eyes, the oldest, and the leader of the trio, even though Daisy is absent-minded and Dent smart, they complement each other!
    - they always make a show;
    - the only thing missing is a little brother who is teased by them, but i think they would never do that.

They make a perfect couple ^^ (Pod/Lily, Corn/Violet and Dent/Daisy)

That is probably the most original coupling process I've ever seen in the history of Shipping Debates.

Why can't you other people be like that?! ;_;

No really. Besides the fact that BW is like a mirror to the original series, that is an excellent observation. It's observations like these that spout the discussion and fun the shipping fandom needs more of.

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    That is probably the most original coupling process I've ever seen in the history of Shipping Debates.

Why can't you other people be like that?! ;_;

No really. Besides the fact that BW is like a mirror to the original series, that is an excellent observation. It's observations like these that spout the discussion and fun the shipping fandom needs more of.

Thank you very much! And the best thing is, I made it in my birthday ;)
    I learned since I was young that to make a perfect theory is needed a lot of information and observations. I also think that this is the best theory I ever made.

They really make a perfect couple, a bunch of meddlesomes.

the only missing thing is a name for the shippings and I'm not so good on names^^'

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Thank you very much! And the best thing is, I made it in my birthday ;)
    I learned since I was young that to make a perfect theory is needed a lot of information and observations. I also think that this is the best theory I ever made.

They really make a perfect couple, a bunch of meddlesomes.

the only missing thing is a name for the shippings and I'm not so good on names^^'

Oh goodness, happy birthday pal.

As for the name, you might want to check if its not taken yet. Which I don't think it is. If it's not taken you can name it whatever you like in the shipping section of Bulbagarden forums. They take care of all the shipping names.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2012
    As for the name, you might want to check if its not taken yet. Which I don't think it is. If it's not taken you can name it whatever you like in the shipping section of Bulbagarden forums. They take care of all the shipping names.
    They don't necessarily have to. Make a name, float it to wherever's collecting, and boom.

...Though now I'm quietly liking Corn/Lily, o wut? Matching hair coloring, unless relative, kinda turns me off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back