• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    It's on my to-watch list. =P So is Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, though I'm waiting for more episodes of that one to come out.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Kimi ni Todoke is on my Plan to Watch list as well as Kaichou wa Maid-sama! but I haven't started on either of them. I heard Kimi ni Todoke was particularly great, but I'm not sure if I want to start on it yet.

I'm currently watching Spice and Wolf and it's pretty interesting so far. I would like to start on another series though (so I have something to watch in college on my other laptop), but I'm not sure which anime I should check out even though I have over 200 titles I can choose from and over 50 different series sitting in my flash drive. Is there any particular series you think is so great that I should watch it right away?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    D.Gray-Man, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Shounen Onmyouji, Law of Ueki...if you like shounen/action/adventure. If not, have you seen Ouran High School Host Club or Skip Beat! ?

Hantsuki

Years
    I like watching both shounen and shoujo, but sometimes, I just need to be in the right mood to watch shoujo. I don't really want to start on FMA Brotherhood until it's finished airing, but I haven't seen the first version either. Do you recommend watching the other one? I know that Brotherhood is supposed to follow the manga this time around, but I hear that the other FMA had darker themes and then I hear Brotherhood had more darker themes than the first one, so I'm confused.

I have the other ones mentioned on my Plan to Watch list, but I don't want to watch series with lots of episodes until I'm on break because if I get too attached, I'll want to keep watching them instead of focusing on college work. : P

I've seen Ouran Host Club already and it was surprisingly good. You're the second person to recommend me to Skip Beat?! so I'll probably try that one next. It sounds short and sweet. Thanks.

Has anyone watched Death Note, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Code Geass, Soul Eater or Toradora? I was thinking on watching some of the popular anime soon since I've been ignoring them for the underappreciated anime. Anyone have any idea which one I should start with?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I've seen Code Geass and read the manga of Soul Eater, which is really good. Manga is better than anime though. Good popular anime...well, Fullmetal Alchemist fits that category pretty well. Brotherhood is certainly much better than the original series, so normally I would recommend you it, but the thing is, for the first ten episodes or so, the plot is basically the same, with just minor changes, so everything happens really fast. It shouldn't be too much of a problem if you haven't seen the first series though. =P Which was pretty much the opposite: slow. But yeah, FMA is just plain awesome. I highly recommend you to watch it.

Hantsuki

Years
    Yeah, I kind of figured manga would usually be better than most of the anime adaptations, but I'd rather watch an anime, especially if it has awesome battle scenes. I want to see that stuff animated. I usually read manga for the shoujo genres that don't have anime adaptations yet, but occasionally, if I like the anime a lot and I'm not satisfied with the ending, I check out the manga because I want more.

Is Code Geass supposed to be like Gundam or something? I haven't seen Gundam, but I looked it up and it doesn't sound like something that would really appeal to me. I heard the second half of Soul Eater was disappointing. Did you still enjoy it?

Hmm. I actually think I want to check out FMA before I go ahead and watch Brotherhood. It does look very interesting and if I get into Brotherhood and feel like I want more FMA and start watching the first series, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Has anyone watched Death Note, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass, Soul Eater?
    I watched these 4 animes and all of them rule big time!
    Also Code Geass and Death Note are in my top 10. =)
    I strongly recommend you to watch all of them ;)
    And FMA Brotherhood is awesome as well it's much better then the first season. =)

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    The animation in Brotherhood is awesome, so don't you worry about the fight scenes. So you're going to watch the first series first? Just one thing: the art styles for the two series are a bit different, so Brotherhood's graphics will probably take a little while to get used to.

Death Note and Code Geass are pretty similar.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yeah, I kind of figured manga would usually be better than most of the anime adaptations, but I'd rather watch an anime, especially if it has awesome battle scenes. I want to see that stuff animated. I usually read manga for the shoujo genres that don't have anime adaptations yet, but occasionally, if I like the anime a lot and I'm not satisfied with the ending, I check out the manga because I want more.

Is Code Geass supposed to be like Gundam or something? I haven't seen Gundam, but I looked it up and it doesn't sound like something that would really appeal to me. I heard the second half of Soul Eater was disappointing. Did you still enjoy it?

Hmm. I actually think I want to check out FMA before I go ahead and watch Brotherhood. It does look very interesting and if I get into Brotherhood and feel like I want more FMA and start watching the first series, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.
    Code Geass is not really like Gundam. It has the mecha aspect to it but that is about it. FMA was pretty good in my opinion I don't they finished the series when I used to watch it on Adult Swim I haven't got around to watching it since then. I recommend you watch a few episodes of Geass and see if you like it.

Hantsuki

Years
    Thanks for all your help guys. I just marathoned all 25 episodes of Skip Beat! today and I found it quite enjoyable, but I was disappointed that it ended so soon. I'm probably going to start with Death Note next (since I always hear how Code Geass is a mix of Gundam and Death Note), so if I enjoy DN, I'll pick up Code Geass, and then I'll go from there.

So, what is everyone else watching?

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I would like to join please. x3

Fave anime & fave character:
    Anime: Bleach
    Character: Uryu Ishida

Fave genre of anime:
    Anything fantasy-ish is what I like. xP

What anime do you recommend the most to others?
    Bleach!

Do you like shorter animes or long ones and why?
    Long ones. They usually dont get boring as fast, and the longer they are, the more addicting they are. xD

Name some animes you think not many have heard of that you have seen:
    I like popular anime, so I'm pretty sure all the ones I've seen have been heard of by many.

Do you think any anime characters are sexy/hot/cute?
    If so, who is your #1?

Yes. Uryu Ishida.

How much anime stuff do you own?
    A few Bleach DS games, but that's about it. xD

Name an anime you dropped and tell why you did not like it:
    I've never started an anime and not finished it.

Do you have a fave anime pairing?
    Nope.

If you bought a gift for your fave character, what would you get them & why?
    Not sure...

What is your fave animal from an anime?
    Hehehe. Toboe from Wolf's Rain.

Do you tend to like good guys or bad guys?
    Depends, usually.

Do you refer to japanese animation as "anime"?
    Yes.
    Do you get upset when people call japanese animation 'cartoons'?
    Yes.
    Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't speak Japanese?
    No.
    Have you learned all the Japanese you know from watching anime?
    No.

Do you prefer subs, dubs or both?
    Subs, though some of the dubs are pretty decent.

Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one?
    No.
    Have you ever answered a question with "hai"?
    No.
    Did you name a pet after an anime character?
    No.

Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere?
    Yes. xD

If you were in Japan, would you go to the studio of your favorite anime? And while you there, what would you do?
    Hrm... tough question. xD

If you could make an anime what might it be about?
    Wolves, cats, and DRAGONZ! xP

Have you been to an anime convention?
    Nope.

Recommend an anime:
    Bleach.

When you watch anime do you watch the Openings and Endings of the anime? Or you skip to the show?
    I watch them. xD

What are your fave opening and ending songs?
    "~*Asterisk*" from Bleach, and I forgot the name of the ending song I like...

How do you watch anime?
    YouTube, Adult Swim on Saturdays... thats about it.

Is there a genre of anime you refuse to watch?
    Not really. However, I tend to stick with Fantasy.

How did you start watching anime?
    I don't remember...

Will you still watch anime when you are old?
    Probably. xD

Fave voice actors/actresses:
    -thinkthinkthink- Bah... Whats his name... Dx

Have you ever had an anime-related dream?
    Yes.

Do you like any characters that have had very little screen-time, like just an episode or three?
    YES. Almost all of my favorites are like that.

Can you immediately identify any seiyuu(voice actor/actress) by the sound of their voice?
    Probably if I could remember their names. xD

What are your top ten animes?
    1. Bleach
    2. Wolf's Rain
    3. Ginga Densetsu Weed
    4. Dragon Drive
    5. Death Note
    6. Tokyo Mew Mew
    7. Code Geass
    8. Spice And Wolf
    9. FMA
    10. Arashi no Yoru ni (If you count a movie as Anime, xD)

Would you cosplay one or more of your favorite anime characters?
    Probably not.

What anime character if any would you want to make out with?
    Uryu~

Fave characters:
    Guys-
    1. Uryu Ishida
    2. Nnoitra (last name forgotten)
    3. Toshiro Hitsugaya

Girls-
    1. Senna
    2. Isane Kotetsu
    3. Ririn
    (Yes, all of these are from Bleach)

Do you like to pair up charactes? If so what are some of your faves?
    Nope.

What characters from different animes do you think might be good together?
    Hrm... Horo from Spice And Wolf and Tsume from Wolf's Rain. XD

What is your favourite episode?
    Episode 16 and 17 from Bleach.

Favorite Villain?
    Nnoitra from Bleach.

What is the best of the new animes you have seen lately?
    Bleach is still alive, but not new... hrm... ...I dont think i've seen any new ones.

If you could make yourself as an anime character, would you wield any weapons? If so, what would be your weapon of choice? YES. My weapon of choice, a SWORD. >D

Do you guys like anime or manga better?
    Anime.

Is there a manga that you want to be made into an anime?
    Never really read any Manga...

Anyone own some anime t-shirts?
    Nope.

What was your first manga that you ever got?
    None.

What anime characters do you dislike & why?
    Orihime Inoue from Bleach. She whines too much. xD

What is the most recent anime you watched?
    Bleach.

Your opinion of fanservice in Anime?
    Meh. Depends.

What anime character do you think would be best to go on a vacation with you, and where?
    Hrm... Uryu Ishida. Not sure where to go, though... xD

Hantsuki

Years
    Welcome to the club, Pidgey! And to comment on some of your answers . . .

What is your fave animal from an anime?
    Hehehe. Toboe from Wolf's Rain.
    I love Toboe too. I was so sad after watching the episode where he died. D:

What are your top ten animes?
    1. Bleach
    2. Wolf's Rain
    3. Ginga Densetsu Weed
    4. Dragon Drive
    5. Death Note
    6. Tokyo Mew Mew
    7. Code Geass
    8. Spice And Wolf
    9. FMA
    10. Arashi no Yoru ni (If you count a movie as Anime, xD)
    You have like four anime that have wolves as characters. So I'm assuming you love wolves? : o Spice and Wolf is one of my top ten favorites too. It's a shame that so many people drop it because they feel like it's boring in the first few episodes. I want to watch Arashi no Yoru ni, but I have no idea where to download it.

What characters from different animes do you think might be good together?
    Hrm... Horo from Spice And Wolf and Tsume from Wolf's Rain. XD
    Haha. I would never thought of that couple. Now that you mention it, that sounds like a possible cross pairing!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I just watched the first episodes of Durarara!, Mushishi, and One Piece. Dennou Coil seems interesting. It's creative, to say the least.

Oh, and I watched the first episode of Wolf's Rain. I love wolves too~ <3 Though I prefer them in real life than in anime. XD

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Welcome to the club, Pidgey! And to comment on some of your answers . . .

I love Toboe too. I was so sad after watching the episode where he died. D:

You have like four anime that have wolves as characters. So I'm assuming you love wolves? : o Spice and Wolf is one of my top ten favorites too. It's a shame that so many people drop it because they feel like it's boring in the first few episodes. I want to watch Arashi no Yoru ni, but I have no idea where to download it.

Haha. I would never thought of that couple. Now that you mention it, that sounds like a possible cross pairing!

Haha. Thanks ^-^

Toboe was epic. I actually cried after watching that episode. x.x;

Arashi no Yoru ni can be watched on Youtube, if you dont mind watching it in parts.

Wolves are epic, yes. I do love them. xD

Hehe, Tsume and Horo would make a cool pair. I just randomly thought of it one day and I was like "...omg. ITS POSSIBLE." xP

Hantsuki

Years
    Gah. I want to start on Durarara!! but then I want to wait for it to finish airing. : x I want to see Mushishi too, but all I've found were dubbed episodes. All of this talk of wolves made me search for some anime with wolves in them. : P

I just watched the first 12 episodes of Death Note and man was I surprised. It is definitely not just some overrated anime due to the fans making a big hype about it. It truly is full of suspense that I sometimes feel like I'm in Light's shoes and I hope that L doesn't find any evidence to know that I'm Kira. Haha.

Back