• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Watchers Club

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

So, what is everyone else watching?
    FMA Brotherhood, Naruto, Bleach, Trigun, D.Gray-Man, Trinity Blood, Kirarin Revolution, Metal Fight Beyblade and To-Love RU OVA.
    It's kinda long list I know :D

I just watched the first 12 episodes of Death Note and man was I surprised. It is definitely not just some overrated anime due to the fans making a big hype about it. It truly is full of suspense that I sometimes feel like I'm in Light's shoes and I hope that L doesn't find any evidence to know that I'm Kira. Haha.
    You got that right =) DN is awesome =)
    But I gotta say that the first part of it is much better.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    D.GRAY-MAN! <333

My most favorite anime ever. It's been my number one ever since I first watched it. ^^ Where are you at, Ash493?

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    Wow. If you like D-Gray Man enough to say it's your most favorite anime, then I really should check it out sometime soon. Can you explain why you like it so much though?

I'm also watching xxxHolic, but it seems kind of slow. I'm really only watching it so I can understand Tsubasa Chronicle. If anyone has seen it, does it get any better in the later episodes? I'm on episode 4 right now.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    The idea is cool, it has the action I like, and it has plenty of comedy. The soundtrack and openings are pure awesome-ness. Its pace isn't too slow or too rushed. (Well, except for the fillers. Screw them. >_>) The voice actors are good too. It can be dark and funny at the same time. Oh, and I absolutely LOVE the characters. <333 Lavi~ It's funny enough to make you laugh, but dark enough that there aren't any annoying cliche fanservice girls going "Kyaaaaa!".

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Not sure. I've only seen a couple of episodes. But Soul Eater's atmostphere is very different from D.Gray-Man's, I find. DGM's darker, and Soul Eater's more comedy. Both are good though.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
    WHY HAVE I NOT JOINED THIS YET?!
    I would like to pleaseeeeee!!!!! And since I'm bored I'll answer all the questions. I should be doing coursework but whatever.

Fave anime & fave character:
    Anime: Bleach
    Character: Kisuke Urahara!

Fave genre of anime:
    Erm I have no idea probably supernatural

What anime do you recommend the most to others?
    Pandora heart and Kuroshitsuji!

Do you like shorter animes or long ones and why?
    Unless I start watching it from the beginning like I did with Bleach, then I nromally prefer shorter ones. I don't mind things like D.Gray-man though that stops before it hits the 200 mark.

Name some animes you think not many have heard of that you have seen:
    KUROSHITSUJI! PANDORA HEARTS! AKIKAN! AZUMANGA DAIOH!

Do you think any anime characters are sexy/hot/cute?
    If so, who is your #1?

Sir Aaron Kisuke Urahara!

How much anime stuff do you own?
    FREAKING HELL! I have 3 figures of L. 2 figures of Light. One of Ryuk. An Urahara Figure, Byakuya, Orihime, Toshiro, Renji figures. A death note wall scroll and mug. And Ichigo, Kon, Byakuya and Urahara plush dolls. A Bleach college bag. An L and Urahara Key chain. and L badge. Many pokemon and bleach posters. A death note calendar. Many DVDS and lots more but I'm getting tired XD

Name an anime you dropped and tell why you did not like it:
    Claymore. I dropped it because theres better anime to watch out there.

Do you have a fave anime pairing?
    Erm I think so but I can't remember who.

If you bought a gift for your fave character, what would you get them & why?
    A new outfit, because Urahara is living in the past man! :P

What is your fave animal from an anime?
    Does Blaire count from Soul Eater since she's a cat?

Do you tend to like good guys or bad guys?
    Good

Do you refer to japanese animation as "anime"?
    Yes.

Do you get upset when people call japanese animation 'cartoons'?
    No but I correct them

Do you commonly use words like 'nani' and 'baka' even though you can't speak Japanese?
    Yes :P

Have you learned all the Japanese you know from watching anime?
    Yes.

Do you prefer subs, dubs or both?
    I don't care. Whatever I first start watching them in is what I follow. Example- Bleach subbed. Death note, dubbed.

Do you have a subscription to an anime magazine or do you buy issues of one?
    Sometimes I buy a magazine but not often

Have you ever answered a question with "hai"?
    Yup

Did you name a pet after an anime character?
    Almost named my cat Meowth xD

Is there anything that you wished existed for anime merchandise but you cannot find it anywhere?
    Yes Plenty!

If you were in Japan, would you go to the studio of your favorite anime? And while you there, what would you do?
    Yes I would! And I would probably end up in a lot of trouble running around everywhere being a total fangirl xD

If you could make an anime what might it be about?
    I'd probably base it on one of my original stories, but I'm not going to share my idea online sorry!

Have you been to an anime convention?
    Just one.

Recommend an anime:
    Kuroshitsuji.

When you watch anime do you watch the Openings and Endings of the anime? Or you skip to the show?
    I watch them unless i'm familiar with them

What are your fave opening and ending songs?
    The D.Gray-Man opening, Kuroshitsuji opening and the Bleach second opening.

How do you watch anime?
    I either buy it on DVD (Such as D.Gray-Man and Death Note which I watch in English) Or go to Animeseason.com! A streaming site for fansubs!

Is there a genre of anime you refuse to watch?
    I just don't watch Random things where I have no idea whats going on.

How did you start watching anime?
    Well I always watched Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh and beyblade! But then my friend Jack told me to watch Azumanga daioh! So I did! And then from then on started watching anime.

Will you still watch anime when you are old?
    YEA!

Fave voice actors/actresses:
    Well my mum likes the guy who voices Aizen... XD As for me The guy who voices Sebastian!

Have you ever had an anime-related dream?
    Plenty.

Do you like any characters that have had very little screen-time, like just an episode or three?
    YES. Most of my faves are barely on the screen!

Can you immediately identify any seiyuu(voice actor/actress) by the sound of their voice?
    Most of the time, but only if they've been a main character in other things I've watched.

What are your top ten animes?
    1. Bleach
    2. Death Note
    3. Pandora hearts
    4. Kuroshitsuji
    5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    6. D.Gray-Man
    7. Soul Eater
    8. Ouran High School Host Club (Although that's my fave manga)
    9. When the Higurashi cry
    10. Yu-Gi-oh

Would you cosplay one or more of your favorite anime characters?
    HELL YES!

What anime character if any would you want to make out with?
    Mmmm Alot, but probably Gilbert Nightray (Pandora Hearts)

Fave characters:
    Kisuke Urahara, Sir Aaron, Sebastain Michails, Grell, Nekozawa, Takashi Morinozuka, Tamaki Suoh, Keichii, Rika, Yoruichi, Ryou Bakura, Duke Devlin, Nova, Gary Oak, Ash Ketchum, L Lawliet, Matt/Mail Jeevas, Matsuda, Byakuya, Ichimaru Gin, GILBERT NIGHTRAY, Xerxes Break, Finian, Alice, Justin Law, Death the Kid, Chrona, LAVI!!!!!!!!!! and Komui!

Do you like to pair up charactes? If so what are some of your faves?
    Sometimes. Like Ash and Misty.

What characters from different animes do you think might be good together?
    I think it would be hilarious if Yuu Kanda (D.Gray-Man) Met Alto(Macross Frontier) Since they look similar, but act quite differently.

What is your favourite episode?
    Nya... Probably D.Gray-Man's episode 18- Lenalee's love as Komui is freaking awesome.

Favorite Villain?
    Ulquiorra... or however you spell it from Bleach!

What is the best of the new animes you have seen lately?
    Ehhhh D.Gray-Man is something i started watching recently but as for new... I think the newest one I saw was Pandora hearts so I'll say that one.

If you could make yourself as an anime character, would you wield any weapons? If so, what would be your weapon of choice?
    A long sword or a whip!

Do you guys like anime or manga better?
    I like both. Besides Bleach is my fave anime but Ouran High School Host Club is my fave manga.

Is there a manga that you want to be made into an anime?
    I wish Kuroshitsuji and Pandora hearts followed the manga more....

Anyone own some anime t-shirts?
    Nearly did but I waited too long.

What was your first manga that you ever got?
    The Mystical Detective Loki.

What anime characters do you dislike & why?
    naruto! Because I dislike the anime all together XD

What is the most recent anime you watched?
    D.Gray-Man... or was it the new episode of Bleach?

Your opinion of fanservice in Anime?
    GREAT! as long as it's fanservice from a character I like hehe.

What anime character do you think would be best to go on a vacation with you, and where?
    I can imagine myself on vacation with either Kisuke Urahara or Xerxes Break. Either way it'd have to be somewhere with lots of sunshine and cake! I wouldn't mind going to the beach with Yoruichi though just to spend some girlie time. (Not that I'm a lesbian but It's fun to hang out with female characters as well)

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    LOL yeah episode 18 of D.Gray-Man was great! One of the few fillers I didn't mind. Oh, and the story gets better and better, so make sure you keep watching, 'kay? XDDD

Hantsuki

Years
    Neiko Star: Ah, I thought Soul Eater was one of those dark-themed anime, but that might be because of some of the fan pictures I've seen. Thanks for answering so many of my questions!

UraharaSteph: Welcome to the club! And a nice set of answers you have there. I noticed Higurashi being in your top ten favorites. Have you seen the second season? Or the other anime made by the same creator? (Umineko no Naku Koro ni or Ookami Kakushi)?

UraharaSteph

Years
    @Hantsuki: I have seen the second season! And I've seen the OVA. I love all of them. The plot, and the insanity is fantastic. I love intense and insane things. I guess I'm just weird like that.

I've considered watching both Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Ookami Kakushi! I don't know which one to watch, but I was planning to start one either after I watched D.Gray-Man or in between it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I watched most of D.Gray-Man on Megavideo. Or you could just write "watch D.Gray-Man online" on Google and check what comes out. :)

Hantsuki

Years
    UraharaSteph: I watched Umineko while it was airing, same with Ookami. A word of advice when you start on them, don't try to compare either of them to Higurashi or it will be very hard to enjoy them. I think it would have been best if one was to watch either one of them before Higurashi because I think Higurashi was just the best out of all of them.

But it could have been hard for me to enjoy because both series were full of puzzles like Higurashi and it was hard to understand since it took a while to see each episode. When I was watching Higurashi, both seasons were already out, so I finished both in about four days.

UraharaSteph

Years
    Ah I see! I try not to compare animes to each other anyway. That why I never research into the animators and all that. However, I normally spot the similarities in plot, characters or how they're drawn, but I still not try to make connections.

It's been a while since I've watched Higurashi now anyway.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Ah, Higurashi is on my to-watch list too. Though I'm somewhat hesitant because of all the bloody killing, my friend's been nagging me to watch it, so...

Hantsuki

Years
    Ah, Higurashi is on my to-watch list too. Though I'm somewhat hesitant because of all the bloody killing, my friend's been nagging me to watch it, so...
    Yeah. The series makes you want to cringe sometimes and it kind of makes you paranoid for a while. But the great thing about this series is that it has practically everything in one. When the characters aren't crazy little girls scaring the crap out of Keiichi, they are all playing around in club games and having fun and providing some pretty good comedy. The series keeps you wondering to the very end.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Ah, okay. ^^ By the way, does anybody have any good action, supernatural/magic/fantasy shounen to recommend me?

Hantsuki

Years
    Fate/Stay Night fits the Action, Supernatural, Fantasy, and Shounen categories. Beautiful animation, great assortment of characters and an interesting plot.

Kuroshitsuji which has Action, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, and Supernatural. It seems kind of slow at first, but it develops into an intriguing anime.

If you enjoy F/SN, then you'll probably like Shakugan no Shana. They both pretty much share similar things like the fact that are many unique characters and they both have male main characters who work with a female character who does all the fighting. They both contain mythological connections, but F/SN has more of them.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Ah, okay. ^^ By the way, does anybody have any good action, supernatural/magic/fantasy shounen to recommend me?
    Have you tried Beet The Vandel Buster? It has action, supernatural(some what), and magic. Yu Yu Hakusho definitely has a lot of action and the supernatural goes along with it so if you haven't seen this I would highly recommend it I used to watch it when it was on Toonami. If you do watch it the ending is seems rushed.

Back