• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    HETALIA - the theme is quite interesting, but i can't stand how people rates it high :| way too overrated Dx

Hetalia has so much potential. There are a lot of countries that have (negative and positive) relationships with each other, and they're not even mentioned? I've watched only a bit of Hetalia, so I'm no judge, but really... it's like its marketed towards yaoi fangirls.

Honestly, it's all so random. The U.S. making friends with... an alien (it represents Area 51, I know)? Still. I'm guessing the original webcomics are much better.

Wikipedia said:
    the webcomic version in particular depicts military and economic incursions using homoerotic innuendo.

I think that's actually pretty awesome. xD

Apparently the character South Korea has been canned thanks to the actual South Korea? How far a country will go...

Bay

Years
    Hetalia has so much potential. There are a lot of countries that have (negative and positive) relationships with each other, and they're not even mentioned? I've watched only a bit of Hetalia, so I'm no judge, but really... it's like its marketed towards yaoi fangirls.

Honestly, it's all so random. The U.S. making friends with... an alien (it represents Area 51, I know)? Still. I'm guessing the original webcomics are much better.
    Agree with you here. Hetalia does have its funny and dramatic parts (gawds, the last part of "America Cleaning the Closet" ... ;_; ), but for the most part there's just too many yaoi moments. The anime could still make the historical events funny and fresh without going too much that route.

Don't bash me, Hetalia fans! D:

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    There really aren't a lot of anime I can't stand, but there are some I'd rather not watch. These are:

Naruto: I love the manga, but the anime just isn't as good and I don't want it to ruin the manga for me.
    Tokyo Mew Mew: The manga sucks, but the anime is way worse. *shivers*
    Dragonball Z, Inuyasha: manga = good. anime? strrrrreeeeeeeeettchheeeeeeddddd......
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Because the manga is way better, I'm keeping my hands off the anime.

I've noticed a lot of people don't like Lucky Star... But the whole point of that series is that it's based on a yonkoma series. It doesn't have a plot, because it's not supposed to. I agree that it doesn't work all too well in a 25-minute-episode form, but that's not even the way it originally aired. So, yeah, understanding Lucky Star requires knowledge of Japanese pop culture and understanding the fact it's not supposed to make any sense. Not the most successful anime adaptation, I reckon.

Also, how come you let the fanbase's opinions affect yours so much? I used to hate Naruto because of its fanbase, but when I actually watched an episode, I liked it. Thus, I never judge a series by its fans anymore ^-^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Alright, wow, Naruto hatahz. Hahah, jk. I can see how anyone who reads the manga would be turned off by the anime (at least you're reading the manga, that's something :P)

But I happen to think shows like Sailor Moon and DBZ had way more odd episodes or fillers than does Shippuden. Plus I'm loving the development that the one-dimensional characters back in regular Naruto are getting now. I almost feel like they're rushing the series though...I don't want it to end! (Any hints from the manga readers, does the Invasion of Pain arc conclude Shippuden?)

Oh and as for the actual topic of this thread, haha, I'm a big Sailor Moon negative. That and Bleach I'm not finding particularly appealing. I've seen a few episodes and I just can't get into it, I'm not sure why.

Years
    I'm rather cynical of people who dismiss certain anime series as the worst thing ever made just because of the fanbase. (Yes, I do remember comments I made a few months ago about the fans of anime like Naruto and One Piece, but I certainly wasn't denouncing them.) If I were to look at fans of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann I would mostly find fourteen year old boys who can't stop staring at Yoko's breasts (ha, I wonder how they coped in the four or so episodes she was gone post-timeskip?), but I watched it anyway and found it to be very enjoyable (if extremely unbelievable, but hey, that's what suspension of disbelief is for, right?). I think you shouldn't knock a series until you've seen a good amount of it - people saying they can't stand Lucky Star because of the first scene (which I loved anyway, as it was rather reminiscent of a couple of English comedies) just strikes me as being rather shallow.

Hetalia is... a rather acquired taste. Very yaoi, as others have said. I still enjoyed it regardless, though it wasn't the best anime I'd ever seen by a long way. Its format was interesting - perhaps more people would have enjoyed Lucky Star in all its 4koma-based humour if it had been presented in a shorter format?

I'd be interested in seeing just how bad some anime mentioned in here - Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo in particular seems to be rather hated, but I hear its humour is very much targeted towards Japanese fans and otaku.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Dragon Ball Z
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
    Naruto
    Did I mention Dragon Ball Z?
    Sailor Moon
    iGPX Grand Prix
    Gundam Wing
    Gundam SEED
    Transformers
    Inu Yasha

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    well pokemon i know that sounds wierd I JUST THINK its a bit um kiddy (was gonna say childish but people will get defensive) kinda grown out of it :/

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    well pokemon i know that sounds wierd I JUST THINK its a bit um kiddy (was gonna say childish but people will get defensive) kinda grown out of it :/

No, you haven't grown out of it, it's just crap now.

Also, Bakugan. Easily, the worst anime of this year and the last year.

PLOT:

It's crap.

One day cards started raining down everywhere and apparently, 12 year-old kids can make a card game that every child in the world plays. Shockingly enough, they're magical because stuff that magically falls down from the sky are definitely normal.

I was writing stuff like that when I was 5.

Battles:

Confusing. Seriously, this is the most complex game ever. Now I get there's not a video game, because the actual battles are such a cluster. At least in YGO you can make some sense of it. But in this it's just deus ex machina after deus ex machina.

Overall:

If B'Daman (decent), Yu-Gi-Oh! (good) and Beyblade (pretty good) could have twins, this would be the evil one!

1/10

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I love pokemon the game but the series SUCKS, i mean team rocket in every damn episode..give me a freaking break geeze.

In overall though i hate cutesy animes or animes that are clones of one guy and seven girls living in one house.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Dragon Ball.
    Yu-Gi-Oh.
    Pokemon. Yes. I said Pokemon. I only watch it because it's Pokemon, not because it's a good show. It's not.

EDIT: And dude! ^ Harem anime/manga is the best. Don't diss it. ^_^

EDIT II: I have another to add to the list. Hametsu no Mars. There's absolutely no sufficient backstory, the animation quality is terrible, and they try to fit a full story (which would otherwise have been good) into a 20-minute OVA.

Last edited:

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    No, you haven't grown out of it, it's just crap now.

i think i know if ive grown out of something ive grown out of everything to do with pokemon except play the games :D

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Bakugan
    They really need to think of a better storyline, and weren't all the "diverse creature anime" slots have been taken already? Oh, and see posts before this post.
    Dragonball Z
    See posts before this post.
    Naruto Filler Episodes
    Pokemon after Kanto
    Death Note after 1st Season
    I believe it was the new theme song that creeped me out and the fact that ever since I stopped watching it, I stopped hearing scary voices in my head... Other than that, see posts before this post.

Sadly, I do like Bobobo... I just can't stop laughing at that guy.

Back