• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    - The bread scene from the first episode

lol.

As for me, there really aren't any series I dislike in particular, but what I can't stand is people negatively criticizing series they've never seen (entirely) with their own eyes. (i.e. second hand opinions, "i hate it because everyone else hates it", etc.) Which is kinda what about 50% of this thread is all about.
    ):

pink-tiger

Love in the Air
    Years
    Umm its not tat I cant stand it but I dont like Bleach. In my opinion I think its a copy of one or two other animes together. But I respect others opinions that oppose what I am saying.

*thinks* I also dont like anything yaoi, it freeks me out. And I dont like one piece, the animation is to wierd and their voices frustrate me.
    I am the type that judges a manga/anime by the anime characters, if their pretty characters or good animation. Thats how I mostly get the anime/manga I have. ^_^

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    Definitely has to be Naruto.

Agreed.

It's so boring, so much filler, all the battles seen the same and it's terribly mainstream and over-rated. I dropped it after 2 episodes even after hearing about all this "awesome" stuff about it and being shown "great" YouTube videos on battles.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
    Agreed.

It's so boring, so much filler, all the battles seen the same and it's terribly mainstream and over-rated. I dropped it after 2 episodes even after hearing about all this "awesome" stuff about it and being shown "great" YouTube videos on battles.

Agreed.

It's the plot and the characters I can't stand.

Kirbychuu

Chuuu!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    I hate Naruto more than most things in this world.
    I enjoyed it when it first started out as an anime series, but now.. it's getting ridiculous.
    I also hate Bleach because it's insanely overrated. :3

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    lol.

As for me, there really aren't any series I dislike in particular, but what I can't stand is people negatively criticizing series they've never seen (entirely) with their own eyes. (i.e. second hand opinions, "i hate it because everyone else hates it", etc.) Which is kinda what about 50% of this thread is all about.
    ):
    The bread scene is serious business.

Some reasons I read on why people hate Lucky Star happens to be "because they spend the whole episode talking about which side to eat chocolate-filled cornet from." It's ridiculous.

I mean, I'll understand it if the reasons are like:
    "The stupid cash-cows changed Konata's seiyuu to F-ing Hirano. Hirohashi was so much better."
    "LS sucks because they made my wife, Miyuki, into nothing more than a background character. And to think it'll get better with the anime."
    "I saw the anime and bought manga. I want my money back."
    Stupid chara-moe animu with minimal plot. This is why most anime made in the past 3 years suck. Because as long as you have interesting characters, plot doesn't freaking matter and you still make tasty money.

But "because they bread" is not good enough.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    The bread scene is serious business.

Some reasons I read on why people hate Lucky Star happens to be "because they spend the whole episode talking about which side to eat chocolate-filled cornet from." It's ridiculous.

I mean, I'll understand it if the reasons are like:

But "because they bread" is not good enough.

Well, if that's how they start the anime, with ridicously pointless and boring scenes of eating something, then why watch the rest? It's all you're going to expect.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, if that's how they start the anime, with ridicously pointless and boring scenes of eating something, then why watch the rest? It's all you're going to expect.
    The first episode of Haruhi is completely different from the rest of the series but that's an acclaimed anime. :( It's always good to give something at least two or three episodes before declaring it's horrible and giving up on it.

eeeee palindrome post

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    The first episode of Haruhi is completely different from the rest of the series but that's an acclaimed anime. :( It's always good to give something at least two or three episodes before declaring it's horrible and giving up on it.

eeeee palindrome post

How exactly is it different?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Actually I'm not saying Lucky Star is any different (what you see in the first episode is basically what it is all the way through) but in general, it's really hard to judge anything based on only 20 minutes. :(

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    There's not too much anime on round here, but I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh, I hate Dinosaur King and there's a new thing on called Huntik that is... odd... bad odd.

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
    I admit, I used to really like it but now to me it seems like it's just turned into a slab of fan service.
    That's the only one I can think of for now.

Oddly though, I actually really liked Lucky Star and I usually hate animes with cutesy characters.
    The only thing I didn't like was the constant advertisement of Haruhi in it. :/ No thanks.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    You're gonna kill me for this, but..
    Pokemon (recycled plots, anyone?)
    Sonic X (4kids ruined it by bringing this series' crappy VA's into the games, giving the GOOD voice actors the boot. BIG F*CKIN' MISTAKE, AL KHAN!)
    Naruto (never got the whole point of it)
    Bakugan (Why is it so popular?)
    Yu-Gi-Oh! (It brutally killed off Digimon when it became popular. Need I say more?)
    One Piece ( Demented pirates... Seriously?)
    Death Note (Sure it's unique, but it's too creepy and emo for me.)

Years
    Naruto, and pretty much every Shounen action series out there. I'll confess that I was a former fan, but it just got outta hand with the immaturity for me.

T.T at all the people who listed KyoAni animes.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Sonic X (4kids ruined it by bringing this series' crappy VA's into the games, giving the GOOD voice actors the boot. BIG F*CKIN' MISTAKE, AL KHAN!)

Do you mean the voices? If you mean the acting the blame the Director for telling the voice actors how to portray the characters.

Yu-Gi-Oh! (It brutally killed off Digimon when it became popular. Need I say more?)

That's a pretty poor reason actually. You hate it because it became more popular than Digimon?

Back