• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think the only anime I really don't like is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but even then, if my friends want to sit me down and watch an episode of it, I'm not going to go off and kill someone.
    It's just not really the type of series I'd watch on my own. I have to be socially forced to watch it. Just didn't manage to catch my attention after the seven, gruelingly long and suffering episodes I actually did watch.

I'm not too fond of the Dragon Ball series anymore either, but that, along with Fruits Basket, are both ones that I can sit through without feeling like I'm wasting my time.

Ones that I don't mind, but just can't bring myself to watch?: Inuyasha, Neo Genesis Evangelion, Bobobobo whatever and a few others.

Pretty sure K-ON is getting higher up on my list of "STFU" anime's, along with Haruhi and Lagann. (Basically animes that people just need to stop talking about altogether, because it's so annoying that I can't even force myself to watch them anymore. It's like, take a hint. I'm not interested. xD)

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
    Tee-hee. Ranting time~
    There are many more, but these are the big ones.

Naruto - Boring. Overrated. Annoying fanbase. -harsh-
    Lucky Star - Pretty much for the same reason as Naruto.
    Vampire Night - Okay. I've never actually seen this, but the whole mood of the manga/anime really turns me off.
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - "Decent anime worshipped by too many people as some kind of work of god. Dislike Haruhi? omg ur just jelous" - Makku summed it up nicely.
    Inuyasha - I'm not going to explain why.
    Tsuabsa Chronicles - But of course. I'm a rabid Tsubasa Reservoir Chonicle manga fan. But the anime = ew.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Edit:
    Dragonball Z

Lol, whats wrong with you? I happen to like Dragonball Z and its been called an awesome anime of the action genre.

I personally can't stand Fruits Basket...my friends made me watch the first episode for like 10 times but i just dont like it, I mean why in the world is a girl living with chinese zodiacs who don't like to get hugged by girls and why is an orange cat so cute.

Now the anime Nuku Nuku Dash, that's good stuff right there =D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Naruto (Anime only though)
    Dragonaut
    Lucky Star
    Death Note
    Excel Saga

I'm forgetting a lot, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment. You can also add just about every Harem anime to that list as well.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Naruto (Anime sucked but manga good)
    Gundam (All except for original)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji's such a gay emo)
    Pokemon (500+ episodes of filler, love the manga)
    Code Geass (I don't see the big deal about it)
    Tytania (Same as Code Geass)
    School Days (First episode was good but the guy just got too creepy in every other episode)
    Avatar (Why do people class this as an anime)
    Love Hina (I just don't like it)
    70% of Mecha Animes

Finnel

Years
    lol Makku, the way you talk makes it seems like you hate the fandom only, not the anime themselves.
    Fanbases ruin everything. =(

Also I forgot one:
    Tales of the Abyss - To be fair, it is a pretty true adaption of the original game. Too bad the original game had two of the worst main characters in history and the story was just a huge mess with backtracking and sidetracking EVERYWHERE. Art's pretty ugly as well.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Truth be told, most anime I can't stand are more of I can't stand the fanbase, since the anime usually aren't half bad, it's more the fans overhyping it and kinda making me hear about how so and so anime is the best anime ever and that stuff. I will, however, put something i actually can't stand because of both getting tired of it and the fanbase of it.

Full Metal Alchemist DVD 01 - No, seriously, stop showing this over and over to me ><

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Oh yeah, adding one more:

Soul Link: I managed to watch about three episodes of this but what the hell. It was bad directed, the seiyuus felt unmotivated and the animation is probably one of the worst I've ever seen.

Fanbases ruin everything. =(

Sad but true.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Pokemon.
    One Piece and Naruto are probably the bane of my existence. I watched a bit of Bleach but it just wasn't for me, and Pokemon was just AWESOME up until after the Johto league. Seriously, I feel like they're maiming my childhood these days. ._.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I don't watch a lot of anime, but I cannot stand:
    Pokémon. With characters this flat, would you even want to stick with the series? Total unoriginality.
    Matantei Loki: Ragnarok. Truth be told, I didn't 100% hate it, it just had no general storyline, which annoyed the crap out of me. It was more like a collection of events. Episode 10 and Yamino are some of my favourite anime scene/characters though...
    Naruto. No. Just. No.

gavojo

A Green Whiscash
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    I dont like:
    -Furi Kuri ... NO... I hate it....
    -Ghost In The Shell...Also hated... I do not understand it
    -Dragonball Z...Not sure why I don't like it ^_^
    -Bobobo Bobo Bobo Bo...RETARDED...Especially name...

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Haruhi is so god damn annoying!! T_T
    Naruto - I just don't get it.
    Avatar - I wouldn't even count as a anime.

That's all I can think of that I cannot stand to watch.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    One Piece
    Dragonball-Z
    Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBO (aka NONONONO)
    Bleach

The creators of all of the aforementioned deserve to swallow a plastic bag.

I don't really watch much else. I'm not big on anime.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Pokémon, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, (insert anime here where female characters are pure eye candy)......

Andcetera

Jigglypuff~<333
    Years
    I cant stand Naruto.
    The plot isnt at all very good, the characters are hella annoying,and most of all the fanbase is HUGE and full of horrible lil weaboos.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Lucky Star - Little girls who are supposedly 18 walking around making cuh-raaazy japanese culture references and attempting to do humor without a plot, for 24 episodes. What do you mean it's not a show for pedophiles and retards?
    The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Decent anime worshipped by too many people as some kind of work of god. Dislike Haruhi? omg ur just jelous.
    Code Geass - Terrible plot, terrible characters, terrible character and mecha designs, all around pretty damn terrible anime. Oh, everyone loves it. Ok.
    Gundam 00 - Extremely feminine guys to the point where I thought all of them were lesbians, flying around in their pink mechas trying to be good guys when it turns out they're terrorists in the end. This is a great idea.
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Kind of okay crap GAINAX pooped out because they needed more money. OMG BELIEVE IN ME WHO BELIEVES IN YOU XDDD GIGAAA DRIIIILLL BREAKAAAAAAAAAAAR >=D
    I hate fans.
    Fate/Stay Night - Half-decent plot. Terrible, TERRIBLE characters. Apparently it's the best thing Nasu has ever written.
    Vampire Knight - Twilight: The Movie: The Animation.
    Air Gear - Hmm, this thing has a pretty neat concept, I wonder what i- Oh, pantyshots and poopie jokes everywhere. Great.
    Kanon - I don't mind CLANNAD and Air, but this one is just... Bad. Half-recycled plot for all five girls, terrible art, (the original) and one of the worst lead heroines ever. Am I cute uguu? XD

Probably more, can't think of them right now.

My new favorite ranter is right here.

I disagree with The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya though "ur just jealous". I thought it was a funny series, a little more than decent in my eyes.

Oh yeah, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I can't stay awake for 10 minutes of this show let alone an entire episode.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    Naruto - Every reason that's already been mentioned. =/
    Bleach - I watched a couple of episodes but just couldn't really get into it, not particularly bad, just not my kind of anime.
    One Piece - I really don't have a reason for not liking this, it's just that simple, I don't like it.
    Gundam/Any mecha anime - I've never really had an interest in giant robots beating each other up, or shooting each other or whatever.
    Yu-Gi-Oh! GX/5D's - I didn't really mind the original series, but when the original characters were gone, so was my interest in the series.

That's all I can really think of at the moment, I might edit in a couple more if I remember any.

Back