• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Announcement] AdvanceMap 1.9, Translators wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I can translate it to spanish!

Really!

PM me if you're interested!

I'm ready to help from now!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
do u have to change the pallets in the tiles or will the new one do that for u when u insert a new tileset because im sick of changing the pallets its too hard and takes too long

Sorry i do not unterstand what you mean with this exactly

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Sorry i do not unterstand what you mean with this exactly

i mean that when u go into the block editor and put new tilesets and blocks in it changes the pallet automaticly and u dont have to do it manully because that sucks. Do u understand now if u dont here is a better understanding if ive got fire red and want to change the tiles to shiny gold then i would need to change the pallets as well but does this new a-map do that for u it would be better

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I understand want he wants, he wants Auto-Pallet editing whenever someone edits the Tileset

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I think that's not a big deal to do, and it would be nice, but it's not needed.
I think what's most needed is a way to make something one tile.
Example, the tree.
Instead of constantly clicking each piece, why not have a thing where you can highlight it and make it one tile, it would make mapping much faster.

That's what i would like, please don't think its stupid!

Reaper 6

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Example, the tree.
Instead of constantly clicking each piece, why not have a thing where you can highlight it and make it one tile, it would make mapping much faster.

i think it is a big thing because alot of people like me cannot pallet and ive tried i just cannot pallet tiles so this would be easyer

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Another thing that would be good is an way to just import a tile set into block editor, instead of recoloring it in paint. This way, there can be more than 1 pallete.

Reaper 6

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Another thing that would be good is an way to just import a tile set into block editor, instead of recoloring it in paint. This way, there can be more than 1 pallete.

wait so if ive got the shiny gold tiles and the fire red tiles i just recour the fire red tile to the coulor of the shiny gold tiles in paint then reinsert the fire red tiles is that right

Tutti

Developer of Pkmn Dawn MMORPG
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
i mean that when u go into the block editor and put new tilesets and blocks in it changes the pallet automaticly and u dont have to do it manully because that sucks. Do u understand now if u dont here is a better understanding if ive got fire red and want to change the tiles to shiny gold then i would need to change the pallets as well but does this new a-map do that for u it would be better
That's not possible. It's easier to edit the palletes directly with a Hex-Editor than to write such a function into AdvanceMap.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years

You cant do that, it's inbuilt into the rom, meaning the palettes have their own offsets. Inserting a tileset with new palettes will just stuff it up.
If you don't want to palette edit, dont. Just insert tiles with the same palette.

Other hackers take time doing their tiles and palettes, you should too, if you want it to look good..

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Example, the tree.

Ctrl+middleclick on mouse, hold and highlight the desired tiles and then, just pull your fingers off those buttons - there will be a little window displaying what you have selected. When you click on the area of map, it pastes the selection of tiles.

I've found this function randomly. Now it helps alot :) It's somehow size limited, but you can copy one small town or half of a city this way :)

The Slovak translation progress: Main menus, and started some more things ;)

Cheers!

Czech translation: Will start right after finishing Slovak.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ctrl+middleclick on mouse, hold and highlight the desired tiles and then, just pull your fingers off those buttons - there will be a little window displaying what you have selected. When you click on the area of map, it pastes the selection of tiles.

Hah, it's amazing how many people don't know how to do this although I guess it's not really in any tutorials.

@LU-HO: I can do the English translation if it's in German.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Sweet. I am excited as ever.
I am supporting this all the way.

I can translate it from English to our language, maybe, but I guess we can understand English and ther are only less hackers from my country...

Let me know if ya wanna include our language to translating it. :)

Wishing ya the best of luck~

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
LU - HO I have sent you a PM please answer me... ^^

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
I have some simple suggestions:
When you open a file (CreateFile()) use FILE_SHARE_READ on the sharing argument. This will allow other programs to simultaneously decompile scripts from it.

When another file is opened, can you close the existing file handle please?

Thanks.

PS. Can't wait - this is the only other ROM-oriented tool I have used (apart from VBA) to help me making pksv.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I must only fixe some smalle bugs.
but the most time i must wait, is for the translations.

if i have all translations, i will releas it.$
greetz LU-HO

If that's the way you wanna go you should break the translators into teams. German or English is supposed to be the official languages I guess, so have groups of about 5 or 6 translate from those [starting languages] into the new languages.
ie.
English > Spanish
English > Chinese
or it can continue from the translated language into a new language
Spanish > Chinese

I'm not sure if it makes complete sense, but it's a general outline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back