• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    i sure cant wait for the "they look like digimon" crowd to get in on this

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Not so sure about this, pal. Main series Pokémon games takes years to be made.

Nah, not really. You're looking at it as if this is a new Generation. This is in fact Black and White, but a sequel, and considering Gamefreak is split between two divisions it wouldn't take them long to pump out a game based around pokemon that are already designed/a story that's well under way.

And honestly, they're more than likely going to reuse a lot of their sprites/graphics.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I just noticed something..

Well, we all know about the red and blue on the logos, but...

Go to the official website and look at the number '2' on each of them. The blue '2' and the red '2'. They both have lines in them and the red one looks like it has the Groudon pattern in it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

BREAKING NEWS

Guys remember that certain things need to be discussed in the following threads:

Want to talk about the Release Date? - GO HERE.
    The platform? HERE.
    Discuss the name & mascots? GO HERE.
    [
    storyline thread coming soon - will you get the games thread coming soon ]

Please use this thread for discussing the announcement and your reaction.

THANK YOU.

3Du

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I'm pretty sure about this, as the official, english pokemon site says "New Mysteries Await!" and one of the japanese posters say "A Whole New Adventure Awaits" or something like that. That's not really the definition of a remastered edition, is it? also, I think game freak have the business acumen to realise that releasing a remake of a game on the same platform in such a small space of time with little difference wouldn't make that much money at all.

Viral Marketing:

"The latest adventure in the Gold and Silver series" (revealing Crystal)

"New episodes in the Hoenn region" (Emerald)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I'll be bluntly honest and say that I wouldn't be too surprised if this turned out to be a Version 2 of B/W as opposed to, say, 'Season 2', in a manner of speaking. Like, B/W with a new legendary, tweaks here and there, twists in the story in some places... dunno, the sort of stuff that wouldn't be enough for a remake, but then again not a fully new game.

Or maybe I'm just being negative. I read somewhere that it's the absolute first time that a direct sequel was made for the main series. So GSC don't count as sequels to RBY?

good lord that show is so random... never laughed so much

Regardless, GSC were sequels(even if not direct), so this concept still isn't really new(from what we see so far). Unless there is a different region, a different team other than Plasma, etc... you shouldn't really call it 'new'.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Regardless, GSC were sequels(even if not direct), so this concept still isn't really new(from what we see so far). Unless there is a different region, a different team other than Plasma, etc... you shouldn't really call it 'new'.

Precisely, which is what's bothering me about the whole announcement. I think it's best to ask what Game Freak defines as 'new'.

Years
  • I saw the thread title while scrolling down the home page and assumed it was just some n00b trying to troll the forums but then I read Livewire's blog and I was like "are you serious lol?" This is like a konami moment for gamefreak I think.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Viral Marketing:

"The latest adventure in the Gold and Silver series" (revealing Crystal)

"New episodes in the Hoenn region" (Emerald)

You don't see a 2 at the end of any of those names though, so....? :o
    They wouldn't call it Black 2 and White 2 if it was just the same game with new features.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It'll also rather have a sequel than just a rehash of the other two like with Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum (though I did enjoy those three), plus it'll kind of make me feel like I'm not buying the same thing for a third time (got Black and White already).

Zephyn

Rainmaker
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they just combined Gray and the RS Remakes into this. From the logo, it certainly seems like Hoenn has something to do with it. I'm not entirely against the idea, I just think it was a strange way to go.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if they just combined Gray and the RS Remakes into this. From the logo, it certainly seems like Hoenn has something to do with it. I'm not entirely against the idea, I just think it was a strange way to go.

See, that's what I feel like they're doing. They mentioned Hoenn so much throughout B/W it's not even funny.

I kind of hope not, though. I'd much rather play as Ruby in a full on R/S/E remake.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • See, that's what I feel like they're doing. They mentioned Hoenn so much throughout B/W it's not even funny.

I kind of hope not, though. I'd much rather play as Ruby in a full on R/S/E remake.
    Oddly enough they seemed to have mentioned Sinnoh even more...
    I rather play Brandon too...
    The red and blue though refers to the color of the legends glowingness in Bw (Zekrom with Blue lightning and Reshiram with Red flames).
    I can't help but think Kanto will show up...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Announcement Reaction Thread
    The pattern in the number '2' here looks very similar to the pattern Groudon has on its body IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Hoenn was in this game. I do think Hoenn deserves its own remake though, but Im not going to complain or anything since we don't even know how this is going to play out.

Masuda just revealed the names of the two formes:
    Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem?" This really isn't getting any better...

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
    Years
  • The fusions look silly in my opinion. There have been fusions in offical Pokemon releases before (The trio bird)

I hope that this game isn't just a new story in the same area. I would love to see some areas open up, maybe some expansion to the area.

I'll have to wait for things to come out before saying anything. I'll think about it more once more is released.

Back