• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • My initial reaction to this: "WTF?!" It was very different, and extremely unexpected. But, after I had some time to think and speculate, and interpret Kyurem's new forms, I thought "Wait, an actual sequel? This sounds awesome!" Maybe with a few screenshots, we'll be able to get more speculation going. This game really needs to tie up a few loose ends that were left at the end of B/W, and making a direct sequel could help that. So many things, what happened to N and Ghetsis, who is the Shadow Triad, why did Ghetsis want you to have the Creation Trio's orbs, what could they do with Challenger's Cave?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Well it's not conformed that it's sequels and I won't really mind if it's not, I think we'll see in the next Corocoro 11 - 15 days left for it.

Edit: lol I checked Serebii and indeed it's sequels, I thought it's not conformed yet lol, well it's great to see GF have new awesome ideas.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Well it's not conformed that it's sequels and I won't really mind if it's not, I think we'll see in the next Corocoro 11 - 15 days left for it.

It's possible we'll receive more info next Saturday on the next Pokemon Smash. Serebii's already anticipating it anyways.
    I'm very excited nonetheless, I can't wait to see what improvements they've made to this game on all fronts.

Screenshots can't come soon enough! >:O

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013

It's possible we'll receive more info next Saturday on the next Pokemon Smash. Serebii's already anticipating it anyways.
    I'm very excited nonetheless, I can't wait to see what improvements they've made to this game on all fronts.

Screenshots can't come soon enough! >:O
    Me too, can't wait to see how it would be developed from BW, we will get an idea on how will R/S remakes would look in some new things, maybe we'll get trailer also.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Indeed. I want these to be sequels or something of that nature. So many things about Team Plasma were left completely up in the air, so many characters who were never given any explanation. Though I no longer have my White version, I may be inclined to pick this up (depending on certain factors) because the plot of Team Plasma was one thing I did like, and as long as the sequels address some of the annoying quirks of B/W (I'm looking at you, menu design) it might be worth another play through.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • :cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie::cer_boogie:

I'm so excited this is actually happening‼
    Like I said on IRC, "feels like a holiday."

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    SO. FREAKING. HAPPY. :D

I love that Gamefreak haven't been predictable. They haven't churned out another safe-bet copy/paste third version, they've been daring and creative. I'm so happy that we're going to see a sequel. One of the reasons I loved G/S/C so much was because it continued the story on from RBY. I loved B/W and I am so looking forward to the story being continued and the characters developed more.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I'm so happy that we're going to see a sequel. One of the reasons I loved G/S/C so much was because it continued the story on from RBY.

We seem to share views. :)
    See, this is what I think that Game Freak should've done all along. Like, what if RSE were a continuation of GSC? DPPt a continuation of RSE? That would be ideal, would it not? They're finally going back to the way things were. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Since it's sequels, Hilbert/ Hilda can't be the main characters anymore.
    But the new main characters wouldn't be Nuvema Town as the starting Town, I think Annville Town, It's highly possible that we can fight Hilbert/Hilda like Red, but now I can't think the names of them, I hope we can fight N in these games.

Last edited:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • I bet CoroCoro will leak in about a week. Usually does for these games

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2020
    Sigh, I really wish they would let the pokemon franchise die out.
    It was great in the beginning when it first came out, towards when diamond and pearl got released I got tired of it and the games. I mean how long are they going to milk this series? They are ruining it in my opinion with all these crazy weird pokemon. What ever happened to having 151 pokemon? Now there is like close to 1000+... crazy much. Again I liked the series and give it props to the loyal fan base who can tolerate all of the new games, I guess I just like the classics. Whatever they come out with next I hope you guys enjoy. Im hoping for a Remake of R/S/E soon... I could care less about the gen games after hoenn. Enjoy your new game.
    I will remember ash in kanto, johto and hoenn.

2?!? Are they off their rocker? They just have changed the Pokemon world upside down by releasing a sequel. Who does this...? They should have kept the same pattern. Hopefully they will see by there sellings that no one cares about the unova region, give us a emerald remake.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    It was great in the beginning when it first came out, towards when diamond and pearl got released I got tired of it and the games. I mean how long are they going to milk this series? They are ruining it in my opinion with all these crazy weird pokemon. What ever happened to having 151 pokemon? Now there is like close to 1000+... crazy much. Again I liked the series and give it props to the loyal fan base who can tolerate all of the new games, I guess I just like the classics. Whatever they come out with next I hope you guys enjoy. Im hoping for a Remake of R/S/E soon... I could care less about the gen games after hoenn. Enjoy your new game.

2?!? Are they off their rocker? They just have changed the Pokemon world upside down by releasing a sequel. Who does this...? They should have kept the same pattern. Hopefully they will see by there sellings that no one cares about the unova region, give us a emerald remake.

1) So because you're bored they should stop the series thats selling millions every year? Not only through games, but toys, tv series and more?
    2) There is under 650, hardly "nearly 1000"
    3) As one generation leaves the franchise another joins.
    4) If you don't want to follow the series after Hoenn that is your choice.

Seriously, they are constantly getting new fans, and sure, old fans get tired and leave the series. It's common.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • >I really wish they would let the pokemon franchise die out
    >What ever happened to having 151 pokemon?
    >Im hoping for a Remake of R/S/E soon
    >They should have kept the same pattern
    >give us a emerald remake
    Something tells me you're just a bit upset it didn't turn out being a remake.
    You're contradicting yourself in a couple ways there.

>no one cares about the unova region
    I can tell you now, heaps of people care about the Unova region. Heaps.
    Want proof? Look around the forum. It's fine you're not interested in the game, but it doesn't give you the right to say things like "The Pokemon series should die out".
    Especially since this is... you know? A Pokemon forum.
    Just putting that out there.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020

I have to disagree with you on this one. I have been playing the franchise since I received blue version for my gameboy pocket on christmas morning when I was like 8. The thing about pokemon is they keep finding ways to change things around, while still keeping the essential things in the games that make it great. Now don't get me wrong I love the originals and gold/silver/crystal those are the best, however I would not say that any of the gens after have gone done in quality either.

As far as Black and White 2 are concerned, I love the idea. The idea of having a direct sequel to a pokemon game is something I have wanted in a long time, and technically gold/silver could be considered sequels to blue/red/yellow. Also judging by the sales of black and white, I don't believe for a second that these versions will flop in sales. Smart move in my opinion.

I to am also waiting for the ruby/sapphire/emerald remakes though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2020
    I told you guys to enjoy the new game, I just do no like the newer games they have been making. The "pokemon" feel I remember from my child hood with red/blue/yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, are not going to be ruined from all this "fusion" crap they are doing to the legendarys. I bet you the new gen game will have fusion in it. Great...

Anyways yea that was just my opinion on the matter and yes I would love them to remake emerald and yes I am kinda bummed they didnt and made a sequel..?

What are they going to be selling next Grey 1 and 2? LOL...

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I told you guys to enjoy the new game, I just do no like the newer games they have been making. The "pokemon" feel I remember from my child hood with red/blue/yellow, G/S/C, R/S/E, are not going to be ruined from all this "fusion" crap they are doing to the legendarys. I bet you the new gen game will have fusion in it. Great...

Anyways yea that was just my opinion on the matter and yes I would love them to remake emerald and yes I am kinda bummed they didnt and made a sequel..?

There are fusion Pokemon in gen 1 and gen 3. Dugtrio, magneton, metang, metagross, slowbro, slowking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2020
    There are fusion Pokemon in gen 1 and gen 3. Dugtrio, magneton, metang, metagross, slowbro, slowking.

You know what I mean... taking 2 parts of a pokemon and mixing them.. the 2 new legendarys. Those are different.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    You know what I mean... taking 2 parts of a pokemon and mixing them.. the 2 new legendarys. Those are different.

They make TWO fusion pokemon, which if you have read Kyurem's Pokedex entry you should have expected, and suddenly they are milking the franchise? Really? They have to do a little more to make me feel like they are milking it.

Back