• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Announcement Reaction Thread

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Ugh... another week of torture. The only details I plan on knowing going into these games is whatever it is that's shown first gameplay-wise. I barely knew anything when I got White and it made the experience so much better.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    We'll have to wait for sometime between the 9th and 14th then.. I expect Coro Coro to leak early around the 9th as it usually does when there is big game news.

I just thought they would have followed up with something small about the game at least.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    I am very confused now. I feel as if the world has ended. It just seems too soon to release another one, and even weirder to release two. I think that releasing it for the ds was a good idea, because if they released it for the 3ds, then gen 5 would be too short, and b2/w2 would be pretty much Gen 6, because of being on a new system. I am happy about them releasing two, but confused at the same time. I think that they just want to make more money because some people will buy both. I hope that they have big enough differences to justify buying both.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
    ???

What the... Why are they making 2 games after the original!? Usually they would pull the trigger and make a game that is superior to the others but instead they leave it with a flipping duo ending?! I'd rather have gray with some freaky looking Kyurem instead of a fusion. I only support fusions when it's like a leader of something like a purple leader of minun and plusle or lati@s but instead it's a constant battle so does this mean that they are still going to make gray or not? Also, when they found a new forme slot on Kyurem what the. is that all about if they're going to make 2 new version fusions. Desperate for money much Nintendo? Sure, sometimes your constant routine: Battle an evil force, beat the Pokemon League, and capture the version mascot can get boring but try to keep it somewhat the same. Well, still looking forward for the game just not as much as before. Oh well :P.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    What the... Why are they making 2 games after the original!? Usually they would pull the trigger and make a game that is superior to the others but instead they leave it with a flipping duo ending?! I'd rather have gray with some freaky looking Kyurem instead of a fusion. I only support fusions when it's like a leader of something like a purple leader of minun and plusle or lati@s but instead it's a constant battle so does this mean that they are still going to make gray or not? Also, when they found a new forme slot on Kyurem what the. is that all about if they're going to make 2 new version fusions. Desperate for money much Nintendo? Sure, sometimes your constant routine: Battle an evil force, beat the Pokemon League, and capture the version mascot can get boring but try to keep it somewhat the same. Well, still looking forward for the game just not as much as before. Oh well :P.
    Most people actually support the fact that Game Freak is making a duo of sequels instead of one "improved" version. They're not "duo endings," they're sequels.

Also, there was never any confirmation that Generation V would get a "Gray" version, so it probably won't happen.. The developer of your favourite game definitely "isn't desperate for money," nor are they just making the games the exact same with different token Pokémon on them. They probably will have just as much difference as B and W had.. if not, more.

How is GF not keeping it "somewhat the same"? The games will still focus on the whole classic Pokémon format. Never have the main Pokémon series strayed from that. You're saying that the games should always and forever follow the same pattern as it always has? This, logically, inspires me to play the sequels more. I'm considering buying these games on their release date; whereas, in past third version releases, I usually waited several months after their release dates to purchase them. For Crystal, Emerald and Platinum: "I'd already played through the storylines, I can wait."

And you seriously can't say that, just because GF is going with two unique sequels instead of one closely related enhanced version, you're less wanting to buy one of the two games? I mean of course, this is a business tactic, but a better business tactic usually means a better game.

Not trying to flame you or anything, just wanted to clear things up with you a bit. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]I was kinda positively shocked...but I hope it won't be a fail..[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    My interest and excitement for the games has already dwindled, but I know my interest will come right back once we start getting pictures and information on the game. I'm hoping Coro leaks on the 9th or 10th like it usually does when new games are announced, so we don't have to wait until the 13th or 14th for it to leak. Just hoping to have news on the games soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Band W 2 , two special version? They are really getting ridiculous now- Why don't they just run an update on the games xD. Seriously the most unimaginative name possible and two version of that. They have to come up with something realllllly good to justify them. (not that I have bought 3rd versions since gen 3)

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
    Band W 2 , two special version? They are really getting ridiculous now- Why don't they just run an update on the games xD. Seriously the most unimaginative name possible and two version of that. They have to come up with something realllllly good to justify them. (not that I have bought 3rd versions since gen 3)

It's not ridiculous. They're sequels.
    Why do so many people have a hard time grasping that? :-(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^ They could've made more creative sequel names though...Gold and Silver (and Crystal) can be considered as Sequels to RGBY but they weren't called R2G2/R2B2...so it's not a good excuse...they could also have given it a sub title like Black and White : Return to Unova or something more creative...
    Anyways I'm looking forward to see if there's any news this week...

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    If they called it new names it would be like new generation games, so B2W2 is more logical.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If they called it new names it would be like new generation games, so B2W2 is more logical.

Not really. ;x You could've easily called them Crimson and Grey and they'd have applied to both Volcarona/Landorus and Kyurem as the two "alternate" ends, but less like sequels. Other names definitely wouldn't necessarily imply a new generation though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    I think the names of the games isn't something worth getting worked up about...

On the other hand, I'm quite excited for them considering they are the first direct sequels so I'm hoping for some interesting new features and areas to explore! *crosses fingers yet prepares for disappointment*

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The first scan of Coro Coro has just leaked although its just the cover and states that Kyurem's formes will be showcased as well as Black 2 and White 2!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Kinda exciting, I have a feeling we'll get screenshots of "changed" areas! Just remember if there's any screenshots or "new information" to make a new thread on that, since this thread kinda can't cater for everything (we might just make a generic thread for reactions and maybe a leaked CoroCoro images thread, possibly. For now I guess it's okay to discuss the excitement of possibly upcoming new screenshots/when we'll get new information here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Maybe an 'Official News Discussion' thread? Where we can discuss all the official news like Coro Coro, official website updates on the game, news on the game from Pokemon Smash etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Finally The first images of CoroCoro have started to come!!!, I'll keep checking Serebii.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Kinda exciting, I have a feeling we'll get screenshots of "changed" areas! Just remember if there's any screenshots or "new information" to make a new thread on that, since this thread kinda can't cater for everything (we might just make a generic thread for reactions and maybe a leaked CoroCoro images thread, possibly. For now I guess it's okay to discuss the excitement of possibly upcoming new screenshots/when we'll get new information here.

I think we'll get the cover art, a few screenshots either showing the changes from B/W or the differences between B2/W2 (or both.)

We also might get an map if there are any significant changes.

That's about it, though. It's possible they will restate what we already know.

Back