• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Annoyers and Sweepers

Poke-Master

Pokemon Master
Years
  • There are a lot of annoyance and sweeper movesets. But I'll only share my favorites:
    ANNOYANCE
    1. Milotic @Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVS: Max out Defense and Special Defense
    Surf
    Attract
    Toxic
    Rest
    Love-Poison Moveset

2. Crobat @Bright Powder
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVS: Defense and Special Defense max out
    Double team
    Poison Fang
    COnfuse Ray
    Giga Drain
    EVade-poison-confuse moveset

3. Registeel @CHesto Berry
    Ability: Clear Body
    EV's: Max out Defense and Special Defense
    Rest
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Amnesia
    Resting Defense moveset

Will hav sweepers soon, need 2 do something very urgent... bye!

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
  • The evading one is... well... newby. Evading moves are cheap. The Registeel one sucks. Many things can be immune to ground attacks. They go out, you give them a free turn while you switch. Or worse, you don't switch, then they up their stats.

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    One of my favorites

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    MAX EVs Defense and Special Defense
    Nature: Impish
    Moveset:
    - Confuse Ray
    - Double Team
    - Toxic
    - Return/Moonlight

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • yes that is true but did you ever think that it might NEED an attacking move in a pinch! protect isnt a wasted slot either, its all in how you use it

Edit: plus in order to be an annoyer it must have a move with an annoying effect!

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • ... Shows how much you know, huh.

Annoyer isn't really a pokemon role, it's actually called the "Oh look once you beat my team you'll be so angry that you will proceed to smash my GBA and stab my face with a sharp object" role. And if you really need this Psychic in a pinch, you must suck a lot to begin with, because you've got like 9 different options that don't involve Psychic if you were a decent battler.

Protect is debatable, but not if you don't even have wish.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • DUH!

I KNEW THAT

but you are right about the psycic move
    it could be another move, i jus dont beleve it is a wasted slot, psycic has a 30% chance of lowering sp.def.
    60 if you have the ability
    Serene grace...

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • Psychic has a 10% chance of lowering spD
    Umbreon does NOT have serene grace
    Umbreon's special attack is lower than the IQ of some of the members outside this forum, and that is very sad.
    That Umbreon didn't have wish.

The 4 reasons why Tig's Umbreon had a bad moveset. Well, the 4 that relates for Psychic and protect anyways.

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • poketrainer2004 said:
    yes that is true but did you ever think that it might NEED an attacking move in a pinch! protect isnt a wasted slot either, its all in how you use it

Edit: plus in order to be an annoyer it must have a move with an annoying effect!
    I hate it when people like you start arguments that don't concern them. Umbreon's only choice of an attacks are is Bite/Faint Attack/Shadowball and Quick Attack, either than those 4 moves it should be attackless. Protect is only good for Toxic and or Leech Seed users, so please don't tell anyone "its how you use it" because I'm pretty sure you don't play Netbattle, and if you do, you probably have a high lose ratio if anything.

P.S. Mana, I'm saving that last post for future veiwing purposes LOL x 10!

Last edited:

Shuckle

Most Hated Strategist.
    Years
  • Lets just say this thread is sad. ='[

*agrees with everyone except for tig [boy or girl, make up your mind fool] and poketrainertheidiot2004.*

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • poketrainer2004 said:
    but you are right about the psycic move
    it could be another move, i jus dont beleve it is a wasted slot, psycic has a 30% chance of lowering sp.def.
    60 if you have the ability
    Serene grace...

This isn't RBY anymore. In fact, abilities, such as Serence Grace, didn't exist in RBY. You're contradicting yourself twice.

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    wanted to make sure about something I posted about umbreon having return/moonlight, is it ok to have a umbreon with either those two moves?
    well, return is for if it's you last pokemon (although toxic and confuse ray should take care of it)

HoundoomTrainer

Me>You?
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    Kaiorga8929 said:
    wanted to make sure about something I posted about umbreon having return/moonlight, is it ok to have a umbreon with either those two moves?
    well, return is for if it's you last pokemon (although toxic and confuse ray should take care of it)

Kokukirin on NB uses Cursebreon with Taunt, Curse, Shadow Ball and Return (or something like that) and works pretty well. XD

-HT

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Kaiorga8929 said:

Better to go with Wish for passing or Rest to get rid of bad status effects.

HoundoomTrainer

Me>You?
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    Toothache said:
    Umbreon isn't always fast enough to use Taunt - the ever common Skarmory usually packs Toxic and that's faster, for example.

Ok hint:

Only an idiot leaves Umbreon out to Skarm.

-HT

Back