• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Annoying part of Platinum

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
Years
  • Hey guys, back from the dead!

So what do you think about having the 5th gym leader first? I found that very annoying, spent a couple of hours trying to get to route 209, but then figured out that Fantina was third. How. Annoying. :(

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well I read one of those walkthroughs and checked the difference section between Platinum and Diamond/Pearl so I knew where to go for the third gym leader however I was stuck for ages on Diamond trying to figure out how to get Fantina to go back to her gym until my friend told me she's the 5th gym leader

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • Don't get me wrong, it's a lot easier. It's just annoying for people like me who have beaten Diamond and Pearl and know the order of the gyms inside out. It also means you learn Fly later, which annoys me. But over all, it is pretty good I guess...

Years
  • There is nothing like running around for hours on end with no bike >.>

But as always, they wanted to change the order around and cause a bit of disruption. If they kept it the same, then it would feel like the same game.
    Personally, although it looks the same in a lot of parts, I liked it and believed it to be its own game. Not a knock off.

Vie

Years
  • There weren't any problems for...I didn't even notice a difference...wait, maybe I did and I forgot. xD But I can remember that I did the badges in the right order without struggling.

Ayselipera

I liked it better because it gave the game structure.
    Before you could of just gone to Pastoria and Veilstone
    and defeating the leaders there and rushed back to
    defeat Fantina. The new way gave you a path to
    follow in so you weren't done with the game as quickly.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    The title is too opinionated; I thought the most annoying part of Pt was fighting Volkner and Flint to get into the BF. Whatever...

Gues what? There's no set Gym order. Thinking otherwise is something the games have improperly drilled into your head. We know for a fact that Sinnoh has >8 Gyms and that you need not go Roark-->Gardenia-->Maylene-->...and so forth. The fact that Pt switched it up increased the difficulty since you couldn't rely on a Flyer for two Gyms in a row or so. I suspect they had to change it since her old Gym was way too simple for the vast majority of players. And who's to complain about Gym redesigns? They only made the remake better-quality...

Years
  • I can understand where you're coming from. I looked at Serebii before playing, so that's how I knew that Fantina was the third gym leader. However, I can understand that happening to someone who played Diamond/Pearl and didn't know about that change in Platinum. I was actually glad I was able to battle Fantina in Platinum earlier. I never read the book that comes in the package with the game. I just play the game once I get it because I'm that excited. That would be like playing FireRed and Leafgreen and finding out that you could have battled Blaine earlier (4th gym instead of seventh) by taking a boat in Vermilion.

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    i foudn it a pain in the butt fightn fantina 3rd during my first go on platinum cuz i used chimchar but on my 2nd go i beat her wit my quilava wit 1hp left lol (yes i used action replay to get cyndaquil at lake valor,and yes im proud of that,and yes cyndaquil is the best beginner/pokemon ever XD lol)

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
    Years
  • Ive noticed an annoyence in poke radaring in the Trophy Garden, i just find it rlly annoying lol, it could just be me

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
  • I didn't find Fantina as the 3rd gym leader hard at all. I just knew when it happened, maybe because i just ventured in, thinking she was going to send me away, but i ended up fighting her XD

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • ...great... now you get stuck at the 3rd leader instead of the 5th... i preferred to get stuck at the 5th.
    I completely hate her Mismagius, she OHKO's my Rotom with a Shadow Ball, Staravia with Psybeam and then the rest with either more Shadow Balls or Magical Leaf.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I always read the walkthrough or gather information about the game BEFORE I play the game so I never end up in a situation. But I think I would really be annoyed if I would have been in a situation like thatX_X.

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • ...great... now you get stuck at the 3rd leader instead of the 5th... i preferred to get stuck at the 5th.
    I completely hate her Mismagius, she OHKO's my Rotom with a Shadow Ball, Staravia with Psybeam and then the rest with either more Shadow Balls or Magical Leaf.

Yay! Someone shares my opinion! Her retard of a Mismagius OHKO'd my level 29 Grotle which was on full health!! Then I wiped her out with my ultra awesome Flareon. :laugh:

DuelTypeFlareon

Delicious Crab Meat…
    Years
  • It took me forever to figure out that the 5th was now the 3rd.
    My Luxray cleaned her up good though, it leveled up while I was flailing around, trying to get to the next town. :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2009
    It wasn't too bad for me. I had to keep reminding myself along the way that that particular part was different so I didn't waste a whole bunch of time and get frustrated.

Back