• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Annoying part of Platinum

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I didn't think that was annoying at all. In fact, I thought of it more as a challenge. We see harder gyms, we train harder so we can make out Pokemon better overall. Not everything that's harder is necessarily annoying, they're just more of a challenge.

I agree that it's more challenging, and thus more fun and better. But it's just plain annoying that I have to train more than normal.

....No wait, I never really trained that much, this is the first Pokemon game I actually have to train hard!

thorn96

Fool! I am the weasel!
    Years
  • ............................ okay, new thing. Has anyone noticed that Giratina is IMPOSSIBLE TO CATCH?! I've failed about 7 times! ARRRGGGHHH!!!!! How do you do that without a masterball?!

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Yeah I know... I already talked about my troubles with giratina somewhere in this thread so I don't think I should post it again.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It was the Distortion World for me, it was confusion even with the guide book. It was also random that my Shuppet's egg hatched in their as well and I named it Distortion

:t354:TG

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
  • The most annoying part in platinum was that the new pokedex you have to get 210 pokemon (or seen)
    I found it pretty hard in pearl to get 150 to get to the survival zone.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I prefer havin' her as #3. That's it. The only bad part is that her Pokémon actually got weaker than in the previous games, and she deserves more Pokémon... It's good that Game Freak took some courage and actually changed Gym leader order for once. (If you don't count the Kantoh leaders in GSC)

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
  • Annoying part in Platinum...

Nothing, really. There was some light challenge with the game to be had compared to DP, but I did all good in the end. About the gym leader switcheroo, I could see how that would piss people off, but I knew beforehand, so I was cherry.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I recently defeated the third gym with ease. Nothing annoying really...

ClassicPokemon

Veteran
    Years
  • More challenge is what the Pokeon games always needed, although they still should be harder IMO. If you guys want to charge through the game with your only training being defeating other players (no wild pokemon) then just choose one of the 3 starter pokemon, use only that pokemon for the entire game up until the elite 4. At this point catch all the legendaries possible, buy some full restores and some revives and it's done. Your all struggling because you try to make a 6 man equal team.

I'll still use a 6 man team, because it's more fun, requires more strategy and is more of a challenge. Whats the fun in everything being easy?

Years
  • That wasn't annoying. It was actually less annoying. I got to battle Fantina sooner. It was better.

If you ask me, I think some of music in DP and Platinum was bleh. No offense to anyone who likes that rustic music. (I didn't like Eterna, Celestic, or Solaceon's music. :cer_no:)

Back