• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] ANOTHER art gallery

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
something i drew for my boyfriend
Spoiler:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Some say simplicity is key, and these work really nicely! Especially your latest piece, it half reminds me of something from Disney. I would recommend looking into more detailed drawings, making them more life-like and so on, because these could look amazing. It would also prevent your work from becoming stale, as I see quite a lot of similar styles on deviantART, so pushing your work to new levels would keep it fresh and exciting! Needless to say, you're doing a great job so far, your sketches are simply stunning, and your digital drawings are smooth and nice to look at too. You know where you're at, and how you like to draw, which is great.

an illegible mess.

Years
!!! thank you so much. for years i've been trying to develop my own style and i think it's getting there... but i agree, a lot of work needs to be done if it doesn't want to turn out to be a carbon copy of the usual toony/disney style you see all of the time.

personal art

Spoiler:

an illegible mess.

Years
more personal art

[content-warn=violence/gore]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

Last edited:
Years
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but some of your art is... Troubling? I could see it being used in those movie scenes where a teacher sees a student drawing only to find they're a a bit... It's just weird to me. I don't understand it.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but some of your art is... Troubling? I could see it being used in those movie scenes where a teacher sees a student drawing only to find they're a a bit... It's just weird to me. I don't understand it.

The thing is, while I can definitely see where you're coming from, and understand your worry completely, it's not often that art like this will represent the inner workings of someone in the way that films seem to say it does. They are full of angst, so it's not difficult to begin to see some of the pieces shown as troubling and upsetting. But you have to also look at someone's behaviour, and I know that's very hard on the internet. But he doesn't seem, to me, to be in any spot where the art displays the mind of the artist on any deep and mental level. And besides, even if these were, calling them out to be troubling isn't going to change anything or improve a situation. In this case, and many similar, a positive word goes a lot further to helping than pointing out a problem, should there be a big one. While you're not wrong to think and say that, and are perfectly entitled to, I believe it is better to support someone through positivity, and not always through addressing a problem directly, not that I feel there is one in this case.

an illegible mess.

Years

i guess you're trying to say that my art suggests there's something wrong with my mentality? i'm not offended because you're not technically wrong. i have a lot of mental disorders and personal issues in my life. i use art as a way to escape it and convey my inner feelings that are sometimes difficult to explain. from a neurotypical perspective, yes the art can seem troubling and weird (not saying that all neurotypical views reflect this opinion; it's just something i've observed a lot when people comment on the troubling aspect of my art, whether it be writing or drawing). however, it is best to consider a person's situation and what they are going through. i think it's better for me to be showing violence and the grotesque in my art rather than in the real world, yes? to me, there is no harm being done. think of it this way; before i used art to convey emotion, i used to self-harm. drawing helped me cease my urges and i eventually got help and now my addiction will (hopefully) never come into my life again. with that being said, please do not worry. i have no desire to go out and kill/mutilate someone. i do suffer from several mental disorders, but i'm on medication and i have a psychologist i visit every week.

no art for now -- just wanted to clear this up.

Years
It must have been late when I posted that as I normally wouldn't make such a comment. But thanks for enlightening me, I suppose that the epicentre of Art is to express yourself and deal with things, so in that case this is actually a good example of art. If you're after honest criticism then, constructively, I'm not a big fan of the solid colours that keep appearing, I think a bit less saturation and more experiment with lighting might come useful. Again, I just want to say I'm sorry for the other comment, It was completely out of character so I'm not sure where it came from.

an illegible mess.

Years
i wasn't offended, don't fret. as for your critique, yes i agree my flat color style hasn't been working out for me for a while. i'm still trying to learn more about shading and getting it down.

even more personal art

[content-warn=implications of self-harm, familial issues, and transphobia]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

Last edited:
Years
I'm sorry to see that, judging from your drawings, you seem to be going through quite a rough time. I really hope things will work out for you at some point!

Regarding your art, it's really good! You seem to have worked out a style that works quite well for you :> One thing I'd recommend would maybe be to bring in some diversity? I mean, obviously you should draw what you enjoy! And I know that I myself had a few years where I drew basically nothing but a few selected animals haha but when I started to practise drawing other motives, I found it really rewarding in the end (though admittedly a bit frustrating sometimes ;P )

an illegible mess.

Years
yeah, i know i have repetitions in my art lol. a lot of my good stuff is similar but my doodles generally vary, i'm just not too proud of them (i actually doodle humans A LOT i'm just too embarrassed to show them online).

art for my boyfriend because he's been feeling down.

Spoiler:

an illegible mess.

Years
not vent art, just experimentation really. i was listening to tame impala and i got inspired to draw something trippy.

Spoiler:

an illegible mess.

Years
my three year anniversary with my boyfriend was yesterday!! we both collaborated on this art; i did lineart, he did coloring and shading.

Spoiler:

an illegible mess.

Years
vent.

[content-warn=implications of alcoholism]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

Last edited:
Years
Congrats on your anniversary! ;> I really like the pieces you did for (and with) your boyfriend, it's easy to see the work and care you put into them!

I'd be really interested in seeing more of your doodles :D but I understand if you'd rather not post them because you don't feel confident enough

an illegible mess.

Years
i may post some if i get the confidence to. for now they remain hidden lol.

another vent.

[content-warn=implications of suicide]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

Years
hi i've been wanting to die for the past couple days

but here's some art.

[content-warn=implications of self-harm]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

[content-warn=implications of depression]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

and then i did an updated reference sheet for my fursona

Spoiler:

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

Years
back from the dead.

[content-warn=implications of depression]
Spoiler:
[/content-warn]

sorry for my inactivity over the past couple weeks or so, i've been going through some personal stuff and couldn't find the motivation to draw anything. but i guess i'm back for the most part now.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

Years
new art they're all furries im

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back