• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Another Game? Good Idea, or horrible downfall?

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
    Hmmmmmm..........

Ya, i get wat ur trying to say...
    But, any new game story, be it coordinator or whatnot, has to live up to the amazingly high standard Pokemon has. It would have to be as good as or better than the traditional rpgs.
    I get your point, but it would be really hard...

BTW...
    wanna try to make our game so, at the begining, you could choose to be a trainer, coordinator, n watever???
    Tat would be hard, but if we could pull it off...tat would be amazing!!!

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
    POKEMON would sell a lot if there were real life things to do as well as pokemon. Lets say you go into Jubilief City and apply for a job. And you have to go to the job everyday. Like in a pokemart or something. Where you have to there by a certain time (like a mission) Stay there for certain time. You know stuff like that. If you beat the Champion...you become champion and you can step down if you want. You challange different people.

:16:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    My god, there are so many horrible, horrible ideas in this thread, and so many hopeful, yet completely impossible ideas. Come on.

The core Pokemon games will never be on a home console. That would be completely against what Pokemon is- it's about taking it with you, and trading and battling friends by the lunch table. Obviously, you can't do that on the Wii. Second, the core games will never change. They might possibly put a larger focus on contests in the future, but as a whole, it's going to stay the same. Pokemon is cyclical in nature- the children that grow up playing one game grow out of it, while a new generation of children who have never heard of Pikachu pick up the new edition for the first time. In that sense, they don't have to change it, as someone will always find it fresh and new. They're really not thinking about the 20 year old manchildren who still play. :|

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    My god, there are so many horrible, horrible ideas in this thread, and so many hopeful, yet completely impossible ideas. Come on.

The core Pokemon games will never be on a home console. That would be completely against what Pokemon is- it's about taking it with you, and trading and battling friends by the lunch table. Obviously, you can't do that on the Wii. Second, the core games will never change. They might possibly put a larger focus on contests in the future, but as a whole, it's going to stay the same. Pokemon is cyclical in nature- the children that grow up playing one game grow out of it, while a new generation of children who have never heard of Pikachu pick up the new edition for the first time. In that sense, they don't have to change it, as someone will always find it fresh and new. They're really not thinking about the 20 year old manchildren who still play. :|

Yeah, seeing the pattern that they're making the Pokemon games in, they probably wont stop making the usual Trainer games. I mean, the only people who really care about these things, are the peopl who should have grown out of Pokemon quite a while ago. I started playing Pokemon about a year ago, and honestly, I think of Pokemon just as a game, not as a religion. : \
    I just think that it would be a fun change if the show was like the anime more, where you could be a Pokemon coordinator/breeder/etc. then again, I really dislike the anime... When you really think about it, these ideas wouldn't work as well as the other spin offs. I mean, being a Pokemon coordinator wouldn't be as eventful as a trainer. it would just be more fun if there some events to go with the contests, too. Pokemon on a wii would only work if iit was an action game, like Mystery Dungeon, without taking turns. i mean Pokemon IS short for Pocket Monsters, and the last time I checked, a wii and TV do NOT fit in the common persons pocket.^_^

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    The plot of the games may be still running alot of money for Nintendo, but the plot get's boring after a few games.

The plots idea is only to tag the player to catch and train Pokemon to "be the best", and it never changes.

Seeing new twists to the game will get more buyers in. Battling and catching Pokemon get's quite boring after a few games, and seriously, the remakes NEED to stop. I'm not SAYING that Platnium is going to be a BAD game, I'm just saying that Nintendo is releasing so many of these games and little do people know that they're all the same.

They should just release one type of each game with EVERYTHING.

Not, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Diamond, and Platnium and have people going crazily bored catching pokemon.

Too me it get's quite boring. But it's all for the money. Unfortunately.

Darklugia

Resident poor person
    Years
    I think customisable characters/paths would be great. Like what happens later in the game is determined on what you did to begin with in the earlier part of the game. And make the pokemon league more like the league in the series, where you have three pokemon and fight constant trainers, tournament style. Then you could challenge the elite four.

I think on the next game after platinum, they should take there time on it. I feel parts of D/P are rushed....and stop making totally ugly pokemon.

But why make a game thats completely different than what got peoples interest in the first place.

edallnite

true pokemon beast.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    trainer based is pretty good already i mean just adding the wifi battles got me to buy this game. they could make better pokemon though (we dont need pidgey remakes every game.) maybe add in a co-op wifi thing and wifi multibattle. like of course the storyline ends but the multiplayer makes it last alot longer.

richdevildog559

My XBL GTag: X Factr559
    Years
    Platinum is going to have a lot on its hands....hopefully it will be as successful as Emerald was for Ruby and Sapphire. just new features would be nice for Platinum.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Yeah, but in the MMO you wouldn't catch Legendaries, just battle them but they'd be insanely hard, winning would give you the pokedex data so you can still fill the dex but then the legendary might respawn and hour or so later so others can take them on.

Think of it as a boss battle, without capturing them.
    and you wouldn't be able to run away lol
    I remember i was fooling around when battling Palkia SRing and once i just ran away and the same tex comes up as if you defeated or captured it lol

Back