• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Another new Sun and Moon Trailer [Alolan Professor Oak revealed]

Years
  • Hooray for the character customization variety! Back in XY I usually play as female because the hairstyle for male is just ughhh... But this! I originally plan to play as female again but I might have to change my mind because some hairstyle showcase is really nice ^^

I remember how much male players complained about customization in X/Y heavily favoring female players in terms of outfit and hair options, but looking back at it I feel X/Y was a testing ground for a lot of things, so with S/M it appears the males are finally catching up to the females in terms of options and I like that because it now puts both gendered protagonists equal.

Even looking at the hair and clothing options shown in the new trailer, I still feel females will get the edge options-wise but at least the gap is closing.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • What? He is Professor Oak's cousin? Okay xD I guess he will be the one who studies these new Alola Forms! I was so surprised when I saw the trailer >< So we have another Gen 1 reference... How many there will be? xD

And about the cities and certain locations,..... They all look AMAZING. I love the effort they are putting to make all these cities as detailed and beautiful as possible. Alola seems like a pretty rich region in terms of biodiversity, different "style" of cities and it just look so COLORFUL. I can't wait to play the games =D

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This was totally out of nowhere! Even though nothing really new was shown, it was great to see Alola from all those different angles at the changing times of day. I totally thought Oak had travelled over to Alola and got a really good tan at first lmao. Nice connection to Kanto though!

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • I remember how much male players complained about customization in X/Y heavily favoring female players in terms of outfit and hair options, but looking back at it I feel X/Y was a testing ground for a lot of things, so with S/M it appears the males are finally catching up to the females in terms of options and I like that because it now puts both gendered protagonists equal.

Even looking at the hair and clothing options shown in the new trailer, I still feel females will get the edge options-wise but at least the gap is closing.

In my personal humble opinion, most female protagonists over shines the male protagonists in Pokemon games (design-wised, and it could also be anime influence) except FR/LG (Who son't like Red anyway?) and HG/SS (Ethan is preferable compared to Lyra by a lot). But this time around, in Sun/Moon I feel that the male protagonist wins this time (based on their original outfit, in before the boutique and hair salon kicks in), so it's good I guess.

Beck!

Loser
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    That trailer is ridiculously awesome.

The region overview is gorgeous and the sneak peek at Oak's cousin is such a tease -- but a great throwback.

Years
  • When people were talking about alolan forms being gen 1 only, I didn't think they meant professor oak too!

Aside from that, this trailer has me pumped. It looks so gorgeous!

Years
  • In my personal humble opinion, most female protagonists over shines the male protagonists in Pokemon games (design-wised, and it could also be anime influence) except FR/LG (Who son't like Red anyway?) and HG/SS (Ethan is preferable compared to Lyra by a lot). But this time around, in Sun/Moon I feel that the male protagonist wins this time (based on their original outfit, in before the boutique and hair salon kicks in), so it's good I guess.

I feel this is one of the few games where I like both gendered protagonists, because the male designs were usually bland to me. I'm female anyways so it's natural I end up liking the female protagonists better anyway, and the S/M female protagonist is extremely cute and more well-dressed for a region like Alola. Let's pray to hope the customization won't be too expensive this time around.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Oak's cousin will definitely be the reason for Ash traveling to Alola in the anime. And it looks like Wishiwashi is going to be a totem Pokémon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Spoiler:

This place was spotted in the trailer and it looks like the peak of that icy mountain on the third island. Perhaps its the path leading to a Totem Pokemon?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Professor Oak must be ashamed of his cousin, since it took us 20 years to hear about him.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Call it, when Samson Oak sees the protagonist the first time, his first question is: "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Back