• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Another new Sun and Moon Trailer [Alolan Professor Oak revealed]

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
  • Hey guys. I am not sure if it has been said here, but I was wondering why they were zooming into text like they were in this trailer, it turns, I think they were hidden reveals. I didn't think this 100% until I saw a video about it.

First off, there is a new possible duck pokemon in the water when you are talking to your rival.
    Another new Sun and Moon Trailer [Alolan Professor Oak revealed]

Next, on one part of the text, there is another pokemon with ears similar color to snubull, however, it makes a hopping like movement and has longer ears and not 4 like snubull. It is possible that it is still snubull. We have never seen one move in the overworld before. And I guess it is possible for an Alolan Snubull, but I'd think it be a different color. This one is a little bit easier to see in the video if you are watching closely.
    Another new Sun and Moon Trailer [Alolan Professor Oak revealed]

We need to look closer at this trailer. It moved so fast, that there is probably small hints all in it.

Not sure about the possible duck Pokémon, but the last one looks like Bunnelby's ears to me o.0

I do agree the new the Japanese trailer might have some clues and new stuff in it! The sceneries moved really fast, so there might be hidden stuff in the trailer!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I hope we get a new duck Pokemon. It's a shame that Ducklett was mostly ignored, though.

AHHH YES PLEASE !! + Having a water/flying typing is kinda annoying from being 4x weak to electric types

But for having an "Alolan Oak", really not that big of a fan. At first, I'd chuckled seeing a tan Oak, but seriously? It's kinda of a shame because Alola Oak takes away the light from the newest Professor + most likely will get more focus due to how much love Kanto is getting.. Plus on the professor thing, Samson Oak's design isn't that creative he just got a mullet with a dark tan. What does Samson Oak even study? Most likely not Z-moves from Kukui studying Pokémon moves already.. I wonder how they're going to juggle these two professors together, especially with all of the new characters and their roles in the game.

But hey!

It just might hint there's more to the post game or just content in SM in general! We'll have to just wait and see!

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    But then in comparison, Pokémon following you is way easier to implement and I've never heard anyone claim "fans don't want it" so yeah. Also I'm sure everyone wants a to-scale model of Alolan Exeggutor following the player around on the overworld so there's that too.

It isn't done at the moment more than likely because the games are in full 3D, and Sun and Moon have upped the visuals a bit on top of that as it is. It's likely too demanding on the 3DS, at least the original models for sure. If they were to ever bring back the idea, it would probably not be until the next system.

Also, having the Pokemon following you be to-scale would be absurd in many cases as they would be blocking off your view of the environment, and unsightly clipping issues would be common in many areas depending on the Pokemon being used.

It was much easier to handle when everything was compact and sprite/tile-based.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    But for having an "Alolan Oak", really not that big of a fan. At first, I'd chuckled seeing a tan Oak, but seriously? It's kinda of a shame because Alola Oak takes away the light from the newest Professor + most likely will get more focus due to how much love Kanto is getting..
    This does remind me a bit of gen 2, where Prof. Elm didn't even get to welcome the player into the world of Pokémon because Oak did that a second time instead. I do hope Kukui gets to welcome the player this time, and Alola-Oak is a professor we meet later (similar to Juniper being the main professor of Unova and her father being... another professor in the region).

It isn't done at the moment more than likely because the games are in full 3D, and Sun and Moon have upped the visuals a bit on top of that as it is. It's likely too demanding on the 3DS, at least the original models for sure. If they were to ever bring back the idea, it would probably not be until the next system.

Also, having the Pokemon following you be to-scale would be absurd in many cases as they would be blocking off your view of the environment, and unsightly clipping issues would be common in many areas depending on the Pokemon being used.

It was much easier to handle when everything was compact and sprite/tile-based.
    For framerate issues I could understand not working in the feature, but I think people wouldn't mind a little bit of clipping here and there if it meant Alolan Exeggutor could comically follow you around (the customization feature in XY caused some clipping within the character model and I never noticed anyone complain).

And by the time the feature gets reintroduced I'd hope they allow it to be optional so you can recall the Pokémon if you don't like the feature or if it causes issues viewing the environment. Or if future systems allow it, a player-controlled camera would be great just in general, and may help alleviate some of these issues.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Not sure about the possible duck Pokémon, but the last one looks like Bunnelby's ears to me o.0

I do agree the new the Japanese trailer might have some clues and new stuff in it! The sceneries moved really fast, so there might be hidden stuff in the trailer!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I see why some would think of the duck as not being a pokemon. It is hard to tell, but possible. It is hard to tell with how much gold color is on the bridge and what not.

The ears are definitely pink and white. I went back to check the shiny forms of the rabbits we know, and although 1 is pink, the color, nor shape really matche to me. It is very very very hard to see in the video, but it is there, as I checked the official trailer myself to make sure it wasn't fake.

Back