• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any friends at school who are interested in Pokemon?

Have any friends at school who like Pokemon ?

• Yes

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • No </3

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • I Do - but they don't like to talk about it at school

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    Back when I was at school, I had a couple of friends who would play with me. But in secret, because apparently Pokémon is "gay". So many things wrong with that statement, but that was the general consensus.
    My ex and I used to play Diamond together a lot, and he currently still has my Sapphire. I think he's probably one of the few people who still go to that school who likes Pokémon. :(

houston

Just a Shadow
    Years
    Yeah, i still have a couple of friends who like it...and i don't really care if people start creating rumours or saying stupid stuff about me because of that, i don't give a s*** about reputation. I play it sometimes with 2 or 3 classmates at school, in the "dead hours"..and i'm not ashamed about it.
    I do it because I like it and it's nobody else's business.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I don't know where you guys come from, but, in AP classes, pkmn is cool. There's this group of guys in my English class, for example, who tap their feet and sing the original pkmn song...it's awfully annoying. Oh, people place ads for the next Team Magma meeting on the whiteboards--room numbers and all. I could actively engage in all of this, but I, unlike them, have some standards to live up to and cannot let the inner Agent Zero get unleashed on them...

...I also gotta mention that whenever my team goes to a competition, we always introduce ourselves with our names along with our favourite pkmn. I did not start this, but I obviously didn't protest it xD...

Years
    Well, in my school there are many people who play the game, but don't want the Anime. The game is pretty popular. Although I do know the "You play POKEMON?! *laughs* Dude, Pokemon's for kids, grow up," kids.

maplelame

Chemistry final until 24th
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    its actually amazing to see how many college kids still play pokemon. we end up playing it in the college library or in lecture halls,

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    No.

All the kids in my school are under the impression that they have to grow up and lose all their brain cells (to the point of claiming they're dating and doing drugs) at eleven years old to feel special.

I'm the sane lunatic, you could say. xD

Zero: Even thouhg you're really, really annoying, you're lucky. > .>

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Zero: Even thouhg you're really, really annoying, you're lucky. > .>
    My overblown friend campaign is nothing compared to what some people here do to annoy me...

I had another one (so it's good that ^that prompted me to post): I overheard these two nerds blabbing about pkmn three days ago...and I felt really badly for them. They didn't care if anyone was lsitening or if they sounded like total fools. So, basically, Ponyta has an alt. evo called [namesinceforgotten] that is a pegasus. She then went on with reasoning that if it turns into a unicorn, it must also turn into a pegasus. And these two talked about it for almost an entirety of a class hour...
    ...I also recall their discussion about OHKO moves, but I won't get into that...

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
    Unfortunately no. I am under the impression that nobody and i mean absolutely nobody in my school likes pokemon.

I hate that most people nowadays think that pokemon is only for people under the age of 10. Well i can tell them this, Pokemon may be aimed at the younger side of the viewing audience but pokemon is not only for kids.

I don't really care if anyone finds out that i like pokemon as i am used to being pushed around sad though it is i think i could handle one more thing to the list of things that people like to push me around for :\(I choose not to fight back:)).

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    People think that Pokemon is for 10 and under, etc. but they don't know about strategies and ev's, Iv's etc.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
    Years
    Well that is true as most people under 10 could not understand IVs EVs etc... very possibly no one under 10 could be expected to understand what can even be complicated for pokemon veterans who have played since pokemon was first released.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Yep.

If only those guys who thought Pokemon was only liked by children under ten could read a halfway-decent work of fanfiction, or wrap their heads around EVs and IVs, or even just look at the age for some random member of PokeCom. Or, generally just understand the full impact of what they're dissing. The majority of the Pokemon fandom may be little kids who describe it as "so u get a monstar and it kills the other monstarz" (true story, I heard a boy describing it to his father in a store one day) but we do have brains, kthx.

Pretty sad, really.

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    I think people associate the games with the show itself, which is wrong - the game is a lot better and more interesting than the show. Pokemon is one of the best games ever made, people have played it in the past and all enjoyed it. It's been credited as one of the best ideas in the history of gaming.

Obviously as time goes on games get less interesting to a lot of people and sadly Diamond did this with me, however, it's still a very good game. A lot of thought goes into it and there's a lot you can do.

The show peaked 10 years ago really, when it first came out, the game peaked at Gold/Silver/Crystal and that was, what, 7 years ago? People now always associate it with their childhood and it's become somewhat accepted that it is a childs game. It's a shame because while some parts of it are clearly appealing to children, you have to be older to understand a lot too.

Back