• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Any pokemon you just can't get rid of on your team?

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    I made it a habit in Diamond of always having a male blue Gastrodon and a pink female with Stockpile, Swallow and Spit Up, as well as my trusty ol' Drifblim. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    On my team for Ruby I always Have A trapinch and that Moon looking one whos name i forgot ._.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    No matter what Pokemon Game I play I normally end up catching pikachu. Dunno why I guess i just have a weak spot for that little guy.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2022
    hmm ruby/sapphire/emerald must always have starter pokemon

LG- i always have to have my HM slave blastoise otherwise im stuck

Xashlei

Contest Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2009
    For RSE, I always need a Flygon or Altaria. Then on FRLG, I can't go on without a Butterfree. Usually I don't ditch my starter either, unless s/he was at a type disadvantage in the gym challenged.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I just started a new platinum game some weeks back and I am getting the feeling that Staraptor, Luxray and Garchomp are three pokemon which I really can't get rid off from my team! Every time I restart D/P/Pt I always end up keeping those pokemon in my team!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    I always have my starter, and on fr/lg I must have a meowth or Persian. Once I get Eevee it tends to stay for ages as well.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    Apparently I filled up quite a few boxes on Emerald, so I can't really tell. However, I always wanted a Flygon on R/S/E. He was just awesome in my eyes, and still is. Needless to say, he was in my party upon checking just now, at a solid level 73. The rest of my Pokemon were level 30.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    In Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, I always end up with something that consists of Swampert, Gardevoir, Aggron, Flygon, Salamence, Metagross. Ever since I started playing R/S/E, I found that Swampert was the best choice, because it can learn Water, Ground and Ice-type moves. And it's awesome. Gardevoir and Aggron are o-brainers for me because a Ralts and an Aron are both obtainable so early in the game. Flygon is Ground and Dragon, a great combination, and it has Levitate. Salamence and Metagross are just amazing, since they're both pseudo-legendaries.

I don't really have a set Pokémon that I can't get rid of in Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, although I do try to stick with my starter.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Usually I don't ditch my starter either, unless s/he was at a type disadvantage in the gym challenged.

I always ditch my starter at the first chance I can get a decent Pokémon to replace it. :x

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Well I just cant get rid of 4 pokemon

Sceptile Regirock Kyogre Swellow

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    I could never resist hanging around Viridian Forest and trying to catch a Pikachu... Just couldn't resist... the urge...

Bahaaa! Me too, me too!
    One time it took so long until I found one..
    I literally kept walking around Viridian Forest for around 40 minutes.
    No life alert?

But my team always has Rapidash, Venusaur, and Pidgeotto on FireRed.
    Lately, I've been trying out monotype training, due to the monotype challenges on these forums.
    And I have to say, it's really fun.. As well as challenging. Obviously.

Back