• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Anybodys Gold/Silver/Crystal still working?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    My Silver doesn't work anymore. :< I have a working Gold and Crystal, but that silver was my absolute favorite. I got my first-ever level 100 on that cart.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    Found my Gold & Silver about a month ago, Gold worked! So I gave it to my little brother. He's almost at Red XD

Kysen

Tamer
    Years
    I am not sure it belongs to my sister and she never lets me use it (and she never plays it) XD

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Well I have been playing my Gold for over 9 years and It still works fine. I guess I may just be one of the lucky people on this website :).

ChinchillaCheddar

Dreams of electric sheep
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    My Gold and Crystal are still working fine, knock on wood. I play and re-play them both a lot so I don't want them to suddenly konk out on me. Silver's not working right, though. My little sister was trying to play it and she said the game won't save. I think the internal battery died on that one. :(

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My Pokemon Crystal stil works, though I haven't played it in a month. My brother gave his Pokemon Gold away so I'm not sure if that's dead, and I gave my Pokemon SIlver to a friend and then its internal battery died. xD

Years
    I dont know if they still work, but I'm too scared to check my Silver as it was the only game where I had a complete Pokedex (yes all 251!) and I dont wanna see all my work lost...

Years
    I haven't played G/S/C for a few years until recently, unusually enough my cartridges were in good condition, especially my Silver one where it's kept my save file from 5 years ago.

Brendonwii

Gooby pls
    Years
    Both my silver and crystal died.
    my silver died a few years but someone replaced the battery for us but i was annoyed that i had celebi on it.
    But this year our crystal died so i bought a better battery and soldered it on a few months ago.

BoneBlade

Journeyman of Forgotten Lands
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    My Gold died, internal battery went dry about 2 years ago. Since then I did speedruns of the game, to see how far I could get before my batteries died. I got to the last gym once ^_^

Years
    Both my silver and crystal died.
    my silver died a few years but someone replaced the battery for us but i was annoyed that i had celebi on it.
    But this year our crystal died so i bought a better battery and soldered it on a few months ago.
    Nice work dude. Mine died much longer ago... around 2005/6-ish... I sorta forgot about it when RSE came around, not to mention the non-compatibility... lol.
    My Gold died, internal battery went dry about 2 years ago. Since then I did speedruns of the game, to see how far I could get before my batteries died. I got to the last gym once ^_^
    That's just awesome.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    My Gold doesn't work anymore :( But my Crystal is working perfectly fine so that's good :)

shot571

my gold still works. my silver i think has stopped. my yellow i thought was broken but the save file only resetted once and is now fine. for all those people who are worried theres will stop wrkin i have heard if u keep playin the battery doesnt do so wat i do is i leave it on my gbasp for about 16 hours every day

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    My Gold, Silver and Crystal versions still work. I've had them almost since they came out. I know how to change the battery in case they break.

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    Sadly my battery went out about 4 years ago.

I had EVERYTHING on it.

Oh yeah, I had about 500 hours on that thing.

Maybe that's why it died?

=(

Last edited:
    Back