• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Anybodys Gold/Silver/Crystal still working?

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    I have Silver and Crystal, and both work. Crystal does have problems with its clock, with it running only while he game is on, but other than that, it's fine. My Blue and Yellow are also working fine. I've got all of he games on my R4 now, so even if the batteries do die, I'll be set.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • My Gold and Crystal work perfectly fine although my gold has always been stuffed, Nurse Joy would always be like: Your pokemon is God instead of good and the moveset would just be a bunch of random letters

Pink_Marshmello

Super Nerd
    Years
  • My Silver and Crystal are both working fine, thankfully. But my Gold died a few years ago. I had another working one, but I gave it to a friend who had never played GSC before. My Yellow version died too, but I bought another that works fine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    My crystal don't work on my GBA, but im not going to throw it away until i buy another GBC or a GBA. But i know i made a primary mission to catch every pokemon on the game and plus i have millions of Polygon 2 thanks to the Copy cheat code on Pokemon Silver. Game links rock. Anyway yeah My anwser is a I don't know.

Years
  • My Crystal version works perfectly. In my Silver version the clock doesn't work though. I've got Celebi on my Silver version from a Pokémon event when I was like eight or nine or something, but I won't bother trading it off to my Crystal because there's no point playing either game now that they're not compatible with anything and that Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be out soon. Only play them and Blue version occasionally for the nostalgia.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2009
    My G/S/C still work (thank goodness, knock on wood). Crystal is my fav of all time so I try not to play it alot lol. But my gold had a battery change before I got it so thats why its still working.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    All of my Pokemon games still work perfectly -- red, yellow, silver, and gold. :D I've had them since their original releases.

Out of the GBC games, I'll only occasionally play Gold; but I'd be really sad if I couldn't load the other games and get a glimpse of the old pokemon teams I had as a kid. ;_;

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • My Silver version, which was the first one I bought around the time the games first came out, is still working 100%.
    However, I can't say the same for Gold and Crystal.. Crystal is dead.
    If I keep Gold in the GBC without taking it out, the save file stays for a short while but if I wait too long between plays or I take the game out it disappears.
    But that's alright. Once HeartGold and SoulSilver come to America I wont' worry about it anymore. :3

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • My Silver version, which was the first one I bought around the time the games first came out, is still working 100%.
    However, I can't say the same for Gold and Crystal.. Crystal is dead.
    If I keep Gold in the GBC without taking it out, the save file stays for a short while but if I wait too long between plays or I take the game out it disappears.
    But that's alright. Once HeartGold and SoulSilver come to America I wont' worry about it anymore. :3
    Your silver survived ten years without dieing?
    Wow...Usually the internal clock kills it by now.

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    My Gold still works, happy day. I'm gonna get myself Crystal soon, hoping that it'll last a good long time. Anyway, Gold has to be at least nine or ten years old, with no apparent sign of giving out. So I guess there are just good copies and not-so-good copies. I totally lucked out XD

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • They are in perfect, wonderful working condition. I can't say the same for R/B/Y, or R/S/E, but G/S/C work just like I bought them yesterday!

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
    Years
  • My Crystal is going on about 8 years. Last year it stopped keeping time while turned off, so I'm guessing its doomsday is coming soon. Recently bought G/S/C with newly installed save batteries so they'll be good for a long time. Dumped team and some rare items to the new paks.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You know, I'll seriously cry when all my games stop working. And all of you will have to feel my wrath.

I haven't heard of RBY dying as much as GSC does, though. Guess it has more to do with the clock. :/

Back