• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else resetting their game?

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I am resetting mine as we speak, I guess I just got a little sick of Serperior and the aftergame haha. Who else is resetting?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Never. I even plan on buying the thing to use to back-up my file. Maybe then I can reset. But I won't. I have to much going on this file and I don't want to in over it again. I got a scare when my save didn't come up on the menu screen but thank God it came back after I restarted the DSi. I get a save file error too much, but at least my file comes back up. :)

Years
    NEVER! YOU WON'T MAKE ME...!
    Oh, right. No chance of me resetting.
    Too much to see and do to reset and start again.
    The only game to date I have reset is Firered because all my Pokemon were ridiculously under leveled.

-totodile42

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Not restarting White, but I just started my third playthrough of Black.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not going to be resetting my White. If I ever get Black though, it'll hopefully become my resetting one.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    I'm not restarting White due to having rare pokémon (Celebi, Zoroark, and a couple of shinies) which would be lost forever if I decided to restart it. :)

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    That's why I got both versions. One file I keep and the other I can restart for casual playthroughs.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've reset my White version three times now. XD

If I can get the Dream World to work sometime in the next week, this file might stick around for awhile. >_>

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    O

I see we have some pretty strong feelings on the subject lol. I probably wouldn't of reset either if I had some shinies, but I suck when it comes to getting shinies :/

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Err...I've restet my white once, as my team was utterly weak on prev file. This time team is evenly leveled (Apart for one I plan on getting rid of. :P)
    I think imma keep this file as it's good :P Goodish.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
    Only with my White Vesion.

Doing White runs until White Forest has been visited.
    Why am I doing this?

So that connection to my main version of Black can (hopefully eventually) have the evolutiuon stones in stock for purchase when I visit Black City.
    Trade over Zekrom and Thunderus. And starter if my hasty play of White nets a female starter. Shiny encounters get caught and transferred as and if they happen. So far just a shiny Rufflet though.

So far only have Dusk Stone. And shards which are useless.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I'm resetting, but I just can't decide on what team to use at all, so that's keeping me from doing it right now.

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    i'm not going to reset...ever. i've put alot of work in my current file, and don't plan on losing it all, not this time (i'm still cringing over the loss of my diamond game a long time ago...)

TheUnown

Super Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    I could never reset especially with all the time and effort training my Pokemon team. It's not worth it for me to start over.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Yep, just reset the other day, wanted to give Snivy a shot :) but this time I've planned my team ahead of time, unlike my last playthrough where I just captured pokemon for my team randomly.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I might restart...eventually. XD I want to trade at least one of my Suicunes out of the game before I do, though, since they're those event ones with the special move Sheer Cold. I think that if I play through more, I'll get more used to the game and I'll be able to help others who are still struggling. Also, I'll be able to familiarise myself with the new Pokemon and find better Pokemon with which I can make a team with. :3

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    Since Emerald I've never resetted any of my Pokémon games. I put a lot of times in these games (over 100 hours, sometimes even more. Way more) and resetting that would be a waste of time. So no, I will not be resetting my game.

Back