• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else resetting their game?

CrowSama

Too. Much. Caffine.
Years
  • I'm not going to restart my game, I'm actually going to get Black soon, and for that one I'm going to trade on Snivy w/ Iron Tail, Oshawott with Air Slash, and Tepig with Superpower. Hopefully that will lead to some more interesting times :)

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    No, I have thought about it though. But I stuck with my group figuring that its only my first playthrough. It worked out in the end and I love the pokemon that I'm using.

FangedFreak

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Hopefully my copy of White will turn up tomorrow.. i might reset depending on how my first run goes... havent played at all since Yellow came out and that was aaaages ago XD

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I was actually thinking about doing this a few minutes ago.

Thing is, I don't know who to trade my shinies and other Gen legendaries to hold for me. Don't think I can trust anyone online. lol

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I was planning on doing it soon, but dont really want to cuz I might get bored halfway through and just never beat it again :/. Though it is possible I might reset tonight...Try a different route than just using my starter to tank the gyms and then rush at the E4 getting my pokemon up to par.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Probably not, since I only have Pokemon Black and it has several shiny Pokemon, Victini (which the event will end by the end of the month so yeah :|), several high-levelled Pokemon amongst other achievements. Yeah, I'll wait till the third game is released (if it gets released.) ^^

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I have just restarted, using Snivy this time around (used Oshawott) then after I beat it gonna reset again and go to Tepig..and then reset AGAIN and just pick whatever one was my favorite to play with..and then just..meh.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Nope. Never! I have made it too far! I won't reset my Black. My pokemon are too awesome!

Though I have a tendency to restart games.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am not going to reset my Black. I am already attached to my pokemon in it. After I beat the Elite Four, I am going to start working on filling my national dex so resetting would be counterproductive :p

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Reset my game a few days ago, Used Snivy this time around since I heard and saw that its pretty weak and that it has pretty much no gyms its strong at. Taking out the last of the E4 (Marshal) the first time around now, bout to go beat N the heck up and get Ol' Zekrom. *shrugs* Snivy wasnt too hard to use, seeing as he was always about 10 levels higher than the highest Pokemon, sometimes about 15. Though I had to spend much more time training my other Pokemon, especially for the third gym. But *shrugs again* it was quite a challenge and was a lot of fun. Probably not going to reset again since Serperior is just...Awesome. Plus dont feel like training Axew to Fraxure and then to Haxorus all over again..Same with Scolipede :L.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I reset my game earlier this month and I'm enjoying playing it through the second time a little more than the first. When I first got the game, I kind of rushed through it a little too quickly. Now that I know exactly what happens in the game, I'm not impatient to get to the next part and I'm really taking my time. It's nice - I've noticed items and places that I never did on my first playthrough.

Plus, this playthrough's awesome because I caught a shiny Sandile. 8D; /shiny brag #235973

I actually decided to pick Tepig this time around after picking Oshawott the first time. Honestly, I'm quite impressed, despite my earlier judgments that I wouldn't like him. It's been a good playthrough so far. :D

Hyperlust

Sassy McSasserson
    Years
  • Reset mine too yesterday. Started off with Tepig the first time and after not being able to beat the E4 (Yep, just gave up) and have started again, this time with Oshawott. Hopefully it works out a little better this time.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I want to so bad, but then I'd lose all the stuff I've worked so hard for. :( So I'm just waiting until the 3rd title comes out.

Back